All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm 

Hi Hans. Would any of the existing RPI builds run on the new 64-bit arm boards, such as the NaniPi M4 or the like? They have pretty good add-on DAC cards and it would be a good set up for ST, compared to the RPI.

UPDATE:
I tested the latest version, the command-line versions - both 32bit and 64bit - run well, but the gui version crash with segfault, right after the message "Setting CPU affinity failed, mask 0x0, error 0x16" (btw, the CPU affinity setting fails also in the command line version but that doesnt cause a segfault crash).

Any idea what the cause of the segfault in the gui version may be?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Segfault is fixed (next build will be ok again).

There is a 64 bit ARM build, which uses about 10% less CPU than the 32 bit version. It has been there for a while already but I still need to add it to the download page... If you want to test it now, add _64 to the download links. If they work I'll post them. (The reason why I haven't so far is that I was trying to avoid having too many versions there, and that it's kinda hard to find a good working 64 bit Linux version with input and output - until now it was nearly impossible to get the old Wolfson card working on it. There's good news though: HifiBerry now has a card with both analog input and output! I ordered a bunch and they arrived today, so we will soon test them to see how good they are).