All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:03 am 

I'm often dealing with rather dodgy taped sources, and they tend to lack in stereo balance.

It's almost always the left side missing a bit of volume and top from cassettes, but sometimes it's the opposite, and I have been extreme-tweaking stereotool to look for some hidden setting to make AGC and AutoEQ work like two mono processors, or some percentual stereo unlinking atleast.

In the Sound-section of AutoEQ there was a halfway solution with the Channel-linking setting, but it didn't come all the way to smootly balancing the stereoimage of a degraded tapesource. Maybe I dont understand exacly what that does, but I did get a bit more top on my bad sides when setting the three top bands to 99dB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:59 pm 

Quote:
I'm often dealing with rather dodgy taped sources, and they tend to lack in stereo balance.

It's almost always the left side missing a bit of volume and top from cassettes, but sometimes it's the opposite, and I have been extreme-tweaking stereotool to look for some hidden setting to make AGC and AutoEQ work like two mono processors, or some percentual stereo unlinking atleast.

In the Sound-section of AutoEQ there was a halfway solution with the Channel-linking setting, but it didn't come all the way to smootly balancing the stereoimage of a degraded tapesource. Maybe I dont understand exacly what that does, but I did get a bit more top on my bad sides when setting the three top bands to 99dB.
these is channel linking adjustment on both the current version and the deprecated version of the AGC (higher dB levels = better channel separation).
perhaps you are not seeing it if "extreme tweaker" is not selected in configuration - also, checking "show deprecated settings" shows more settings.