All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm 

Ok here is what i need!

1)a way to trigger st to load a preset, from another program (sam 4.x).

i can create a txt file with the name of a st preset.

maybe a simple routine that checks a file for changes and loads the preset name in it if it sees a change?

ST needs to be active looking for the change as script control from sam is limited. (a plugin could be made to do the same thing for winamp.)

the goal is to set the dsp settings for each source instead of each player. ie songs of different bitrate, streaming feeds, voice feeds ect. Each group has very different settings needed. If i get stream for a show i would like to be able to set st to work best with that source.

This should be simple as you already load presets

or even maybe a way to change single st settings
maybe you can think of a better way

mike

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

That's odd - I was just thinking about adding something like this (a file with a name of the new preset to load, which is automatically deleted after it's loaded) yesterday evening when I was uploading version 3.11 :-)

I'll see if I can find a good way of doing this. May take some time though because I have some other projects that I have to spend some time on now.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 pm 

Don't tease me.......!!!
That would be awesume!
I am planning on using the ratings field(1-9) in the song info to define a preset for a song(or source type). I can write a pal script to read it and create a file with the number in it each time a song starts. checking for a change from the previouse song. Then i will have up to 9 presets premade to fit EXACLY the sound mod i need to make that type of source sound good. That means no comprimising the 320k mp3 songs just to make a 64k voice stream or 96k wma sound ok. i will post the script here for other st/sam users I know there are several as st is mentioned on the sam forum several times.

Mike decides to perform jedi mind trick across the net......a powerful sith lord he is :twisted:

:shock: You don't to want sleep..... you can't think about anything but how simple it is to to do this.......everything else can wait :shock: .......you want to start coding now...these aren't the droids your looking for..... :? ahhh, forget that part....

Mike has left the room to see if he has any change in his paypal account....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:50 am 
Site Admin

(Updated 2008/06/01 21:08) - changed interface!

Your dark force has had an effect, you evil lord!

Here's a version with this functionality:
http://www.stereotool.com/_TEMP/dsp_ste ... 80601b.dll

Please let me know if it does what you need!

Some notes:

* To set the file that will be read, you will have to manually edit the .sts file with your settings. It should contain the following:

[Stereo Tool Dynamic Settings]
Poll STS Enabled=1
Poll STS File name=C:\your_sts_changes_file.sts

(a header [Stereo Tool Dynamic Settings] with an entry Poll STS File name=your file name)

Since you cannot control this setting from within Stereo Tool (not yet anyway), the only way to turn it off is by pressing RESET, choosing a preset (which includes a reset) or loading a different .sts file (which also includes a reset). When you load an STS file with this setting, and close and re-start Stereo Tool, this feature stays enabled.

* The .sts file that you point to will be read once after Stereo Tool is started, and then each time when the modification time/date changes. This is checked 4 times per second.

Note that it may be a good idea to first create a file with the necessary changes, and then rename it to the file that Stereo Tool checks. This avoids problems when the file is being loaded while you are still writing to it.

Note that the modification date is only accurate op to seconds. So changes less than a second after the previous changes may be ignored.

* The new file only needs to contain the changes - it is read "on top of" the already existing data.

For example, to change the Pre Amp value, use:

[Common]
Pre amplifier=10

* Changes can be very abrupt. For example, changing the Pre amplifier will always give a clearly audiable effect.

To avoid this, don't do the following things:
- Don't change the Pre Amp or Post Amp
- Don't turn filters on or off (if really needed, configure them such that they have no effect instead of turning them off if that's possible)
- To increase or reduce the amount of compression, try using the dual-band Pre Limiter instead. Changing that does not cause abrupt changes in the signal.

* WARNING: This is a PAID feature. So you'll get a spoken text message after every 24 hours of running Stereo Tool if you enable this feature. (Reason: I've made features that are also interesting for people who just listen to some tracks on their PC free, and features that are mainly useful for professional / broadcasting usage not free. This one clearly belongs to the professional users features).

Great, now I can finally watch tonight's new episode of Doctor Who, which I had to record because I was too busy...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:02 am 
Site Admin

Version 3.12 which contains this feature has been released. Changing the volume is now also possible: The volume is now adjusted slowly (pre amp and final (pre) limiter volumes).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:53 pm 

you serve your master well and will be rewarded....
:twisted:
dad gets hammer goes into sons room... sound of pig squeling is heard then silence.

I my have found some change...i'll try to paypal some of it soon. :mrgreen:

Let the testing begin...will report asap
MJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:44 am 

Ok a little status report on the preset change pal for ver 3.11+ change
I have a system to change the presets for a show or stream that loads from a pal.
IT works great.
i have worked on this for days and learned a lot about sams pal and players. pickey little program sam is. I have come at this from several ways to get a method that works solid.
i have a method for the song change preset but have fought with timing issues. i am very close. error handling issues with very short songs, speed of a pal script(big issue), and what if a user does this what does the pal do are where i am at
i am waiting to post anything till i have everything worked out.

Hans, loading an entire preset works great. in working the logic for this it became necessary to load the entire file not just changes. this way users can just adjust ST and save the preset so there is no text editing.
its working great the way it is coded now.

ok back to it.
Mikej

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Great - thanks for the update!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:56 am 

Ok i finally have a PAL that does what i need! its been running all day no problems. I will get info and post it in the other software topic. the timing on this was a Bi#%H :x but i got a routine that works and does not crash. :D i had to rethink my approach several times. :ugeek:
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:06 pm 

The pal and all info are here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34