All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:28 pm 

Would be nice to have a possibility to choose a different sound card (with different Sample Rate) as you know is very usefull in a FM ST process chain when you work in a digital environment, with AOIP, AES or SPDIF for example within a 48KHz clock.

In one of my instalations, I'm using Stereotool to process FM audio in a station with an AOIP network. In this particular case I'm using Dante. I have a Dante Virtual Sound Card installed in my ST machine but I'm not using that because I will have SRC issues (except in mme mode but then you will have Windows make a poor SRC intead. Btw, in MME mode on input i'm getting too much noise at ouptut).

Result, to get ST onair I'm using the analog input from the Marian Trace Alpha soundcard with 192khz clock and I'm literally throwing away a pristine audio like I have in a Dante network :(.

Is it possible to make the ST allow to choose a completely different soundcard for the input (Wasapi, KS, or ASIO if not using at output for example) and put the ST to do a real good sample rate conversion, like in BAone?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 pm 

Quote:
Would be nice to have a possibility to choose a different sound card (with different Sample Rate) as you know is very usefull in a FM ST process chain when you work in a digital environment, with AOIP, AES or SPDIF for example within a 48KHz clock.

In one of my instalations, I'm using Stereotool to process FM audio in a station with an AOIP network. In this particular case I'm using Dante. I have a Dante Virtual Sound Card installed in my ST machine but I'm not using that because I will have SRC issues (except in mme mode but then you will have Windows make a poor SRC intead. Btw, in MME mode on input i'm getting too much noise at ouptut).
Doable now if you do not mind the latency on having to run the FM MPX output via a non ASIO source (ie: you end up with a 300-400ms delay).
Simply place the analog card in 192k mode via the Windows driver and run the Audinate DVS in 48k ASIO mode.

Stereotool FM out is placed in No-ASIO mode and you can choose the output of the analog card. Works well and - if needed - you can use the "HQ LQLL" in Stereotool via DVS (ASIO) to provide announcer processor feedback with virtually no latency so they can hear what the processor is doing to the audio going to air.

Have this scenario working well locally.

Rossco