All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Multiband expander
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 pm 

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for the quality of Stereo Tool.
It is really impressive how Stereo Tool sounds good and how it is possible to make differents styles of sound.

Excuse me for my poor english.
I live in France, and as you know it, in France lots of radio stations have a typical sound (with impact, a little pumping and a lot of slam). I can easely reproduce that kind of sound.

Is it possible to add in the future a multiband expander like what we can find in the processors of IDT please ?
In these old processor (like the Sound Design) it was possible to choose where to place the expanders (before or after the multiband compressor).

I know that there is Natural Dynamics in stereo but it not sounds like a real multiband expander.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Multiband expander
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 pm 

HI dorian038
Yes i agree with you .it needs a stereo expander to be complete as programm and some other future things wich has are not necesary.Any way may be in the future will be add this future. Until now i,m looking via the internet to add a external plug in in the player ....i mean to add a audio expander with stereo tool to working together... but i can not find any really good quality...so i use a external device such a DENNON DE 60 eq-expander and the results are excellent...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:05 am 

sorry to everyone i have done wrong in the model of the expander is DENNON DE-70 :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:59 pm 

This is a function I would like to see at stereo tool, before multibands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:20 pm 

May be Hans is prepairing to do this ...who knows ..he knows...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 am 

If Hans could have an attempt at something like Leif's "Undo" dynamic multiband expansion (to restore overly compressed tracks), that would be very interesting for the market. Maybe it could replace Dynamic Ratios on the product license page. It's definitely something I'm interested in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:33 am 

Quote:
If Hans could have an attempt at something like Leif's "Undo" dynamic multiband expansion (to restore overly compressed tracks), that would be very interesting for the market. Maybe it could replace Dynamic Ratios on the product license page. It's definitely something I'm interested in.
There is, it's "Natural Dynamics". Sadly there is no dynamics detection on input at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:18 am 

yes i agree that there is no dynamics detection on input as Bojcha wrote at all... and me i,m trying with different way to have this .....i,m doing combination with Leif's "Undo" dynamic multi band expansion (to restore overly compressed tracks), via the program omnia 9 Xe... i,m not using from this program anything else just only this section now ...in the past was glory for my station- rare i,m using and the common position which has the loudness and eq and for processing final i,m using stereo tool -the last version beta which has more clarity-is much better than this old program i mean omnia . the results are very good i have more clarity in the mids and in mids-highs but (all the money is dennon DE 70) this doing all the dirty work for input analog audio ..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:18 am 

Quote:
There is, it's "Natural Dynamics". Sadly there is no dynamics detection on input at all.
I have to agree with Bojcha here. I have stopped using Natural Dynamics since I found that it does too much on already dynamic tracks (eighties, etc) and too little on overly processed modern tracks. So in the end it sounds to me like it does the opposite of what it should do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 pm 

P.S i forgott to write down -that,s all are for AM broadcasting application not for FM trasmitting ...i dont know how the things are going there...but in AM i have very good results with this method until now :D ....when Hans doing something else in Stereotool we are here to discuss// :idea: /and PaddyC :?: what you expect from modern music which has only boom -boom to have dynamics on ???....yes you have wright about the old music== the new style is for jump to the river... especially in the studio recording but this is pain in ass and in the head but all these are for another post :!: :lol: