All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:13 am 

Hi all.
I am using Tool Stereo FM broadcast on my FM radio.
We have a sound card ESI Julia(Drivers Version 1.18, but this problem happened in previous versions...) as the MPX output and virtual cable as input.

Accessed remotely via TeamViewer to this machine.
The problem arises when the default Windows output is the output of the ESI Juli @. (The default output, TeamViewer uses to listen remotely)
When accessing remotely, output in FM begins to hear slow as "audio from a horror movie." (I guess it has to do with frequency.) StereoTool freezes (consuming 0% CPU) and you have to restart from because task Manager does not close.

A temporary solution is set as the default output to Virtual Cable.

I think the problem is on the side of TeamViewer but they can not reproduce it. Someone had the same problem?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:10 pm 

Nothing strange. You are using 192kHz and TV uses other sample rate. Also it wants always to use more priority over soundcard. Also things can be different when TV is updated. So, never use that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug in the ESI Juli@ driver. Although I don't understand how the CPU load of Stereo Tool drops to 0%. But the fact that the speed suddenly changes is something that I have seen before, and only with an ESI Juli@ card. Somehow if a new program tries to open the sound card at a different sample rate, in some cases the card just switches to that and any already open connection is suddenly switched to that as well (which should not be possible). If Stereo Tool sends 192 kHz audio to it and TeamViewer switches it to 44.1, then the audio will play at less than 1/4th of the speed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:01 am 

Quote:
Hi all.
I am using Tool Stereo FM broadcast on my FM radio.
We have a sound card ESI Julia(Drivers Version 1.18, but this problem happened in previous versions...) as the MPX output and virtual cable as input.

Accessed remotely via TeamViewer to this machine.
The problem arises when the default Windows output is the output of the ESI Juli @. (The default output, TeamViewer uses to listen remotely)
When accessing remotely, output in FM begins to hear slow as "audio from a horror movie." (I guess it has to do with frequency.) StereoTool freezes (consuming 0% CPU) and you have to restart from because task Manager does not close.

A temporary solution is set as the default output to Virtual Cable.

I think the problem is on the side of TeamViewer but they can not reproduce it. Someone had the same problem?

Thank you
I have the identical same problem. However, the audio artifact is not always the same: sometimes it switches to wrong sampling speed (the horror movie effect), other times the audio simply becomes garbled, with a constant noise component. Both seem to be related to TeamViewer as they become worse when you log in via TV (although the latter problem tends to start on its own, 2-3 times a day, and becomes worse when we access the PC via TV to restart).
I noticed that switching off ASIO solves the problem - for now, still waiting to see if it will not recur.
Best regards
Christ9