All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:56 am 

I have the problem right now that the Noise & Hum doesnt seem to work in VST. The live preview mode works and I can hear the effect but when I hit "Render" in Wavelab6 the result shows the filter was not used. The other settings in Stereotool work but this one seems to be inactive in VST render mode!?

Would be nice to use, because I bought the licence to use this feature in Wavelab to fix noisy recordings.

[edit] As workaround I use Winamp now and play the track to WAV. The Noise & Hum filter works fine there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:58 am 

Maybe for now you can try to use other version/beta where/if it works, till it's fixed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Maximizer,

Problem is that I need to store a huge number of values and if I do that in the normal (VST) way it requires a huge number of settings (around 12.000 if I recall correctly), which causes some VST hosts to crash. Because of that I have disabled saving them at this moment. Which isn't an ideal solution either...

I actually need to start supporting an alternative VST parameter method to be able to handle this properly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:38 pm 

Well... arent the repair filters mostly used in VST mode, since they are often configured to the properties of single tracks and Stereotool executed as plugin in a Wave editor like Wavelab?

For transparency it would have been nice to add the info to the website that PNR Noise & Hum is not available in the VST plugin. I bought it with this environment in mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Seems to be a bug. I do save the settings in a central location (which I do as a workaround for now because I cannot save them in the VST parameter set), but apparently I don't load them. Woops...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:54 pm 

Waiting for the fix then. :) PNR plus Natural Dynamics is very effective to polish older recordings of live music performances. It would be nice if I could use both filters in Wavelab.

Post subject: View the latest post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:00 pm 

The button works fine for me. Ive checked it on the latest versions of both Firefox and Chrome. What browser/version are you using?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:51 pm 

hi,

new here...

did not want to open a new topic

i use perfect declipper in audacity. tried several presets, if ND is enabled, sound goes to be distorted when song is ending (fade out)