All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 pm 

I am using Winamp plugin version. I am not sure if this happens with ALL quad channel media but I am using the Snesamp plugin specifically with the channels option set to Quad (basically it pans reverb and other special effects to back two channels). Anyway, when multi-band is enabled with this setting, I get MASSIVE distortion and not only that but when I go play a stereo file (say an mp3 of some song), the distortion persists until I disable and re-enable Stereo Tool. If I have multi-band off and play the quad channel audio, there is no distortion at all so I have narrowed it down to that particular feature. Likewise, if I change Snesamp to output in Stereo mode, there is no distortion either.

Here is the Snesamp plugin:
http://alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html

You can find something to test this with here:
http://snesmusic.org/v2/

This never happened with previous versions of Stereo tool (e.g. the 6.x.x series).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:45 am 
Site Admin

The 6 series of Stereo Tool just ignored any extra channels. The current version *should* handle it properly and I have tested it in the past. Which doesn't mean that I cannot have introduced some bug, or maybe the input format differs for some reason.

I will look at this after the IBC, if you don't hear back from me please remind me :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:07 pm 

Ok thank you. Again, I can trigger the bug reliably using the Winamp plugin from my last post but if I were to play something like the Microsoft 8-channel test, then everything is fine. Something must be happening differently when using SNESAMP especially since it persists until I restart the entire plugin.

On a side note, great to know that Stereo tool now works with multi-channel/surround sound audio.