All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Found two bugs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 pm 

1) While hovering over the FM Hiss button...with the rest of the Noise Reduction panel switched off...accidentally hitting FM hiss caused loud feedback/buzz while button was activated. Just me?

2) Losing a network drive file location for RDS now playing info/display info will cause the ST processing FM output to turn silent/disappear/go off-air for 5-7 seconds (at least behave unexpectedly). We get our RDS "now play" data from a network drive. Caused off-air event. ST recovered on it's own.

Post subject: Re: Found two bugs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:27 pm 

Quote:
2) Losing a network drive file location for RDS now playing info/display info will cause the ST processing FM output to turn silent/disappear/go off-air for 5-7 seconds (at least behave unexpectedly). We get our RDS "now play" data from a network drive. Caused off-air event. ST recovered on it's own.
That's exactly what I've experienced, too, and one of the reasons why I would like to use Airomate instead of the build-in RDS-encoder, because Airomate simply switch to a default PS and/or RT in case this happens...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

The easiest solution for #2 would be to have a batch file that regularly copies the file to a local drive so ST can access it locally. Until now I wasn't aware of this issue (never thought about the possibility that people would use this on a network drive), when you use it on the local drive there wI'll never be issues like this. I will look onto it, thanks for letting me know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 pm 

Quote:
The easiest solution for #2 would be to have a batch file that regularly copies the file to a local drive so ST can access it locally.
Already thought about doing it this way, but that would lead into obsolete text messages when PS and RT coming completely from external files in case connection drops. We use an IP-link to the transmitter-site for remote control the TX, processing and getting access to the RDS text files that the automation-system puts onto a local server at the studio-site, so a behavior like Airomate does would be essentially needed if we may use ST in the future :-)