All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 am 

Hello!

My new PC (Core i7, 8GB Ram, Soundblaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty) seems to have problems with the latest Stereo Tool plugin 7.03. I've installed Windows 7 (64 Bit) with basic functions and the latest Winamp version 5.63. I tested it with the "Multiple DSP" Stacker V1.6, the only one working for me as the other Stackers I've found only worked until Winamp 2.x or instable (e.g. DSP Stacker von Spacialaudio). The curious thing is that it still works with the previous version I had before (V6.10) with the old GUI design but with the latest version Winamp crashes with an "ntdll.dll" error after opening in most cases (sometimes it works occasionally after waiting 5-10 Min. but the rate is less than 10%). Then it seems to work normally until I close and start Winamp again. The only way to get it working for sure is deleteting the Stereo-Tool plugin from the Winamp plugin folder. :(

I also use the SAM2 Plugin for streaming and the latest Shoutcast (V 2.3.2) as "Push to Talk" source with the stacker which didn't cause a Problem as long as I don't use Stereo Tool. I already try some safe configurations in the plugin, but without success, so I estimate that it's a bug with Windows 7. Would it be possible to test and maybe fix that in the next version?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 am 

Still no solution found for usuage with this stacker? The only version working for me is the very old V6.10. I cannot use any version above. :(

The other DSP stacker from Spacialaudio doesn't work at all. It gives me a warning that the current Winamp version is unknown and not supported. Trying to use "Multiple DSL V1.6" (see here http://www.winamp.com/plugin/multiple-dsp-1-6/221938) results to this when starting Winamp

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: winamp.exe
Anwendungsversion: 5.6.3.3235
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4fec7b3e
Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.17725
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4ec49b8f
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00037373
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 2e62
Zusatzinformation 2: 2e624ec3ab8d3bb5bdfda230b61a7979
Zusatzinformation 3: 96a2
Zusatzinformation 4: 96a2723482dd1de3cea39d60668cad4e

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

You're talking about this one right?
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/multiple-d ... ker/128742

I've tried it multiple times here and I'm not seeing any problems. Also tried it with a debug build of Stereo Tool and even that works fine... And I've attached a debugger to see any exceptions that might be handled by the software, but there are none.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

Quote:

I've tried it multiple times here and I'm not seeing any problems. Also tried it with a debug build of Stereo Tool and even that works fine... And I've attached a debugger to see any exceptions that might be handled by the software, but there are none.
Did you try with the Winamp plugin preference set to disable Structured Exception Handling (SEH)? Per the tooltip for that setting, it claims that it makes it easier for plugin developers to debug their plugin.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 am 

Quote:

Yes, absolutely! It's the only stacker working for me but the development seems have to be discontinued and the author didn't leave any contact address.

I've found and disabled the SEH option in Winamp now which unfortunately don't change anything. Installing or copying the current "dsp_stereo_tool.dll" in the plugin directory crashes Winamp immediately. No chance to open the option menu until I delete or copy the old version back (V6.10), even with deleted configuration file in "Users/MyName". I have tested the other versions available here from the website as well, all older versions before V6.10 work fine as well but no version above. So it must have someting to do with a new function (maybe the "declipping filter", the "Bass ACG filter" or "SCA output channels" which is one of the leading updates there). As all versions above V6.10 are working on my Notabook (Samung i5, Realtek ALC269Q On-Board sound), I don't believe that it has something to do with the GUI. On my i7 Desktop I'm using the latest driver versions from Creative for the X-Fi Soundcard from January 2013 but this system is the most important as I'm using it for broadcasting.

Is there any chance to log the crashes more detailled by using the SEH option? I didn't note any changes when the crash occured in the error description. So what can I do with this option for helping to find this issue?

I could upload the Stereo Tool config file or my whole Winamp content as well if that helps. Maybe it is easier to found any issues with a debugger.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 pm 

@Paralax: just for your information: we had stereotool 7 working without any problems using the MuchFx2 stacker (even using the latest winamp versions)

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ContactDance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 am 

I already have try this plugin as well but when I try to add another DSP with the + switch, it tells me that I'm trying to use the plugin in "an unsupported version or non-Winamp Install or via DSP stacker whoch does not implement the Winamp 5.5+ DSP ap. To work this plugin requires Winamp 5.5 and higher (the most current release is recommended) or for the non-Winamp install or DSP stacker to be updated to support the required Winamp api's the plugin uses". When I click on OK then, Winamp crashes as well completely. The only thing is that I didn't have install the plugin in the same Winamp installed the first time on PC (which is listed unter "Software"), as I'm using multiple instances with their own configuration in the Winamp die (Classic Winamp method). This shouldn't be the reason of this problem since Winamp allows that in the option menu and I need 2-3 players during my live shows. I already send my Winamp content files to the webmaster but I still get no response. So, what can I do now except chaning the soundcard (which I don't want)? Please tell me...I'm really going mad here! :x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 am 

Very very weird and strange for me but after trying to install the e.g. plugin in my standard "Winamp" directory (I optionally use 2 other called "Winamp_Radio1" and "Winamp_Radio2" for broadcasting purposes) don't gives me the error message above. That brought me to the idea even trying to copying all plugins I'm using for the other both directorys back to my standard Winamp directoy and what shell I say...IT WORKS with multiple DSP stacker V1.6 again...yet, together with SAM2 Plugin and Shoutcast (for mic fade in/out). So it really seems that the plugin has issues with other directorys that the installed "Winamp" directory which I really can't explain, because Stereo Tool as single DSP is working from every directory. Could someone give me a reason for this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, haven't had time to check your setup yet (but I will).

Have you renamed the Stereo Tool DLL? It might be something in the settings somewhere, and the .ini file that's loaded is based on the DLL file name (so if you name it dsp_stereo_tool_1.dll it will read from and write to dsp_stereo_tool_1.ini).

If it's that, I probably need - or also need - your .ini file instead of the install directory to figure out what's wrong.