All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm 

i have found an issue with WatchCat crashing on mac. On first use, it crashes just at the end of processing a file, and then it will crash every time after as soon as the processing starts. it might be unrelated but i also have a problem with stereo tool VST crashing when i close the window in ableton to hide the window. it doesn't happen if I hide the window by selecting a different channel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:39 am 

Hi,

The WatchCat crash has been fixed though this version is not yet released. Could you confirm that disabling the 'Copy metatags from input file' option in the output settings prevents it from crashing?

The crash on closing the window in the macOS version of the Stereo Tool VST plugin is something we're working on as-we-speak ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:10 am 

still crashing for me, unfortunately, but glad to know you guys are aware of it and hopefully have a fix.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

The two issues *may* have been related. I never realized that in WatchCat, every instance was creating an invisible window... that's now gone, so the whole GUI code (which is very tricky on OS X, and appears to behave differently after every OS X update) is no longer executed in WatchCat.

The VST issue was that if a program closed the whole VST plugin without closing the window first, both could start waiting on each other to finish, and it would just get stuck.