All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

My system is a E8400 dual core processor together with a ESI Juli@ card. The computer runs on Ubuntu 16.04.

Last week my preset ran without any trouble. This week however, it seems that the (normal output) buffer runs empty, after which the audio will hick untill its filled again. Depending on the buffer size this happens every now and then, very annoying. Can there be a mismatch between some things or is it the CPU that causes this? I have 2 threads/cores enabled, both running 40-70%.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:45 pm 

Has this been reported before? I tried several options in the mean time. All seem to influence it a little but none of them is a definitive solution! Things I tried:
  • Decrease quality (slider)
  • Switchoff advanced clipper
  • Enlarge output buffer
  • Run at multiple cores instead of one
When I set the quality at 100%, the buffer will run empty as soon as I start to hover the mouse around a lot. This gives me the hint that it does relates to the CPU usage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, sorry for the slow response. I assume that you also hear hiccups when you move the mouse? Otherwise it doesn't make sense that the buffer filling moves (unless it moves back quickly).

Are you using both normal and FM output? Are they on the same sound card?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 pm 

Sorry for the late response Hans! Just tried it with a Debian version as Jeroen indicated that he had no problems with that during PFD. But unfortunately the 'problem' still exists. Sometimes the buffer runs empty in roughly 5 minutes, and sometimes it goes well for a few hours. Really strange and something I cannot yet put a finger on.

Btw, I'm using the ALSA version. Going to try the jack version as well.