All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 42 43 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:33 pm 

Quote:
Those new modes didn't get finished on this go around. Hans didn't want people to begin creating presets based on a feature that is still subject to change.
oh ok, thanks for letting me know :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:24 pm 

Hi Hans,
I have following issue with the new window setting in agc. With higher values about 4.5dB , left audio channel will be about 2dB less than the right channel.
I make a test with a 1kHz test tone and with the basic preset and switch off stereo boost.
I add to screenshots.
I use stereotool as vst-plugin in Wavelab

Attachments:
File comment: window value 0dB
Capture with window 0.JPG
Capture with window 0.JPG [ 149.07 KiB | Viewed 15245 times ]
File comment: with a window value of 4.5dB
Capture with window 4.5.JPG
Capture with window 4.5.JPG [ 149.38 KiB | Viewed 15245 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:57 pm 

GUI 8.10 not coming up / starting at all in Debian 7 & Jack both up-to-date
* noticed it is not 64, there is no 64 between the downloads *

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 pm 

I verified bacclux' problem for the dsp version. However it seems to happen for all Window values above 0dB and depends on the Ratio (obviously, I guess).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:44 am 

'window' is not implemented well. There is 2 main problems.
- Window target is very slow
- Speeds inside window are 0 - should be something like 10x slower then agc speed(s) but not 0.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
GUI 8.10 not coming up / starting at all in Debian 7 & Jack both up-to-date
* noticed it is not 64, there is no 64 between the downloads *
Chances are that this is because of the 64 bit version, which indeed isn't available at this point (I used new compiler features and as it turns out I was using an older compiler for the 64 bit version, which didn't support an option that made it impossible to compiler 1 of the files - that's bad anyway so I need to fix that. Will do that when I'm back from the US.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:22 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
[...]
DSP version crash on first start: That's a scary one, do you have more info? Address? Exact message?
[...]
Sorry, no. I just clicked the message away and restarted and it hasn't crashed again for the time being.
So you got an actual 'not responding' pop-up? And then you started the host (which one?) again and it worked? That could potentially not even be Stereo Tool related then? (Stereo Tool writes its settings to file when you normally close it, but it should have never gotten there).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:23 am 
Site Admin

Bugs reported:
- Crash in DSP on first startup. 2nd start was ok.
- Crash when loading Jeroen's Sublime 80's preset (Fixed)
- AGC Window bands different (Fixed)
- Rename Start Ratio back to Ratio, we might not need this after all (?)
- GUI: the small processing time box is always showing 50% usage; on the CPU & latency page correct values are shown though ---> Should show the 1st CPU load from that page.
- GUI: in extreme mode for post-AGC & SB compressors the start ratio box starts on the right edge of the GUI but ends on the left, i.e. you see a part of the box above the peak meters
- SST auto-save settings in the background.
- Bojcha: 'window' is not implemented well. There is 2 main problems. - Window target is very slow. - Speeds inside window are 0 - should be something like 10x slower then agc speed(s) but not 0.

Later:
- Update website LATER
- CHECK CRASH with VLC - VLC related?? Not seen anymore, later.
- Perform latency measurements
- Web interface export preset
- Generate UIDs and use link
- Password for login?
- Attempt Wes Keene's Feedback mode (see Facebook chat)
- Auto-determine best latency/affinity settings
- New idea: FM stereo trick might reduce MP3 artifacts as well! So add it to streaming output.
- Run as a service
- TODO: Add exception if ignoring too high VST parameter numbers (Audacity bug! -> Was fixed in later Audacity version, never mind).
- Websockets? Later
- However, MediaMonkey was quite insistent I upgrade to the later version 4.1.13.1801, so I did, and now what is happening is the Declipper screen is whited out and can't be configured, though it still works with the last set settings.
- Also when I close MediaMonkey, the Declipper screen hangs (everything else closes), and when I do a forced close, Windows says it's MediaMonkey hanging.
- Still a hack (enabled with a special setting) is needed for some people who want RDS with stereo output... It doesn't make any sense but on some transmitters that apparently works... However I only know of one person who uses this. Not urgent now, this person can use an older version for now.
- Remove inputOldSamplesFixedCopy, should not be needed if I split WAVE from VU meter calculations.
Show MicroMPX block size and quality

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:00 am 

Quote:
So you got an actual 'not responding' pop-up? And then you started the host (which one?) again and it worked? That could potentially not even be Stereo Tool related then? (Stereo Tool writes its settings to file when you normally close it, but it should have never gotten there).
(Probably) all true.
IIRC I installed ST over the old version, so at first it used the old ini-file. After the crash I deleted the ini-file and a fresh one was generated when restarting.
I currently don't have any useful additional information, sorry. If there'll be some, I'll report back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:02 am 
Site Admin

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 11-001.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 11-001.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 11-001.dll

DONE:
- Crash when loading Jeroen's Sublime 80's preset (Fixed)
- AGC Window bands different (Fixed)
- Rename Start Ratio back to Ratio, we might not need this after all (?)
- GUI: the small processing time box is always showing 50% usage; on the CPU & latency page correct values are shown though ---> Should show the 1st CPU load from that page.
- GUI: in extreme mode for post-AGC & SB compressors the start ratio box starts on the right edge of the GUI but ends on the left, i.e. you see a part of the box above the peak meters
- SST auto-save settings in the background.

Bugs reported:
- Crash in DSP on first startup. 2nd start was ok.
- Bojcha: 'window' is not implemented well. There is 2 main problems. - Window target is very slow. - Speeds inside window are 0 - should be something like 10x slower then agc speed(s) but not 0.

Later:
- Update website LATER
- CHECK CRASH with VLC - VLC related?? Not seen anymore, later.
- Perform latency measurements
- Web interface export preset
- Generate UIDs and use link
- Password for login?
- Attempt Wes Keene's Feedback mode (see Facebook chat)
- Auto-determine best latency/affinity settings
- New idea: FM stereo trick might reduce MP3 artifacts as well! So add it to streaming output.
- Run as a service
- TODO: Add exception if ignoring too high VST parameter numbers (Audacity bug! -> Was fixed in later Audacity version, never mind).
- Websockets? Later
- However, MediaMonkey was quite insistent I upgrade to the later version 4.1.13.1801, so I did, and now what is happening is the Declipper screen is whited out and can't be configured, though it still works with the last set settings.
- Also when I close MediaMonkey, the Declipper screen hangs (everything else closes), and when I do a forced close, Windows says it's MediaMonkey hanging.
- Still a hack (enabled with a special setting) is needed for some people who want RDS with stereo output... It doesn't make any sense but on some transmitters that apparently works... However I only know of one person who uses this. Not urgent now, this person can use an older version for now.
- Remove inputOldSamplesFixedCopy, should not be needed if I split WAVE from VU meter calculations.
Show MicroMPX block size and quality

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 424 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 42 43 Next