All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 8.00
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:02 pm 

Quote:
It starts here in under half a second. But now you're mentioning Ubuntu - I suppose that's an unrelated remark? Someone has reported that one thread is apparently using 100% of the CPU on Linux, which would definitely explain something like this.
It something like that, htop shows on my core2duo 130% for one thread, old version is below 60% with gui active, ~40% for hidden, new 8.00 version not depends on refresh rate and hidder or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:59 pm 

Linux VST 64 : minimize GUI increases CPU by 25% on panels with meters in it. Panels like license stay the same.

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Linux VST 64 : minimize GUI increases CPU by 25% on panels with meters in it. Panels like license stay the same.
There is no Linux VST??????

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:03 pm 

I got a pop-up with the Delossifier not being registered. Turn off or beeps 5 min.
I turned Declipper/Dequantizer/Delossifier on (PNR was off, Noise Removal was already on) when this happened.
And i disabled: CPU & Latency > Ignore high freqs.
Running the same settings now, trying to reproduce and make a screenshot.

Feature or bug?

Also tip for the tools tips: Show "full path" where to find the options.
Example: Turn Declipper on with ignore high freqs enabled, it says Declipper won't show in the GUI with Ignore high freqs enabled, but it took me a while to find where Ignore high freqs was. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

@bob0r: The "Spectral Hole Filler" feature of the Delossifier is new, if you don't have a license for it you'll get this popup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
There is no Linux VST??????
Jack plugin. The above seemes to be solved by deleting the hidden settings file (was on 7.84) and re-tweak the preset to the standard used. Quad Core, Debian Wheezy,

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm 

Quote:
@bob0r: The "Spectral Hole Filler" feature of the Delossifier is new, if you don't have a license for it you'll get this popup.
That explains it.
Please update the website so we know what we need an (updated) licence for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:35 pm 

Gonna upgrade in a few days the delossifier and spectral hole filter, because I'm trying to make presets and with each version the processor sometimes sounds different.
Even I'm using only RAW audio I'm buying it anyway :) especially with the introduction price :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:37 am 

Hi Hvz,

We are running 7.84 which does work well, even with all options enabled on FM we're able to run composite clipping on the same hardware we previously could not.

If we update to v8, can I just install and it should run our existing presets without any intervention ?

We have a test bench where it will run first, but thought I would ask beforehand.

BeDazzler.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:52 am 

Linux 64-bit:

When opening the file dialog (save/load) getting following message on stderr:
Quote:
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
When running 9 bands on the first multiband, Absolute Highs is eating the normal output buffer and when its zero, no audio will be heard. Turning either multiband or AH off will solve the problem and the audio returns.

Buffer size when tested is 100 ms.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next