All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 759 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The requested URL /download/stereo_tool_standalone_installer_BETA785-009.exe was not found on this server.
That's also true for all earlier versions in this thread, what implies that no one ever downloaded them. :shock:
Huh. But I did get feedback from people who tested it. Maybe they got removed afterwards. Checking...

Edit: Ah. The ClamAV virus scanner is giving a false positive:
https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/b826 ... 452989918/

And when it does my provider automatically deletes the file.

So, download it while you can! It will probably disappear at some point again.
I just tried to download the BETA785-009 update again and the link is still broken.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:46 pm 

StereoTool.Standalone.v7.85.x86.beta8.and.9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

7.85 BETA010 - Be fast! (ClamAV is reporting a false positive and my hosting provider uses ClamAV to check for viruses, so these files will probably be removed after some time).

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-010.exe or here
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-010.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-010.dll

CHANGED:
- Show something in settings that have been changed (for example a dot next to the name of the setting).
- Add license check function: extern "C" bool stereoTool_IsLicenseValid(gStereoTool* st_instance);

OLD CHANGES:
- Added some filtering to make sound less 'sandy' (distorted).
- Exciter: Check why it sometimes boosts audio around 10 kHz (?) more than it should (Johnnie Cash) - protection filter appears not to work completely. Compare what happens without protection filter! -> Fixed (more or less)
- Added a soft of exciter (not an FM exciter but something that generates highs). I've placed it (for now) under True Bass, and it cannot be configured yet. Not really sure what to make of it yet, I think I like it but it does sound a bit "rough" sometimes. Note: It can cause pre- and post ringing at higher latency settings (I will fix that later, first want to get a bit of a feeling for what it does).
- Make scope skinnable
- Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any). The next version shouldn't have this problem anymore, also, when BS412 is used I have now disabled the Advanced Clipper Drive slider.
I've been busy hiding a lot more deprecated features (if they are set to their default value). This should make the GUI a bit simpler. Stuff that's now hidden (still there and still functional if you really want to use it):
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel
- "Classic Multiband Compressor" panel
- "Classic Singleband" panel
- "Pre-limiter" panel (in Advanced Clipper)
- "Leif's clipper efficiency modification" checkbox
- "Composite clipping Strictness (CPU)" checkbox
- Phase rotation: ""At start of processing" checkbox
- AGC "Compatibility & behavior" header
- All Singleband and Multiband "Compressor type" (Analog/Digital) pull-downs
- Multiband and Natural Dynamics "Compatibility mode (bad)" for Flat Frequency Response checkbox
- "Bass protection (Deprecated)" header in Advanced Clipper -> Bass
- "Highs gap protection: *" in Advanced Clipper -> Highs
- "Smooth slope" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- "Upsampled highs clipping (useless)" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- Stokkemask: "Force Stokkemask even if not using Composite Clipping (bad for audio)"
- BS412: ""De-basser non-ITU.1770 compatibility mode (bad)"

- Right clicking now restores default again, mid or double right clicking restores last loaded preset (or startup) value.
Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
- What is the pink line in the BS412 display? Maybe remove it. http://i.imgur.com/70mWvqp.png -> Ah no, it's the adjustment of the compressor thresholds. Needs to be added to Help page.
- BS412 has VERY narrow jump on de-basser from 240 to 250 Hz. (Jump of multiple dB's). -> No, brown line jumps but actual output is smooth, so no problem.
- BS412 bass filter doesn't use ITU1770 as it should but some weird other shape that goes up to about 250 Hz.
- Need to support 2 default values and a RESET TO LAST LOADED VALUE reset option.
- Hide not selected deprecated stuff - partially working!
- Move Copyright stuff etc. also to command line version (maybe just copy it?)

TODO:
- Try "True Bass" for highs -> Probably make a version where different modes (with/without filtering, with better HPF) are tested. Maybe also with multiple bands?? To reduce generated distortion.
- Continue with finding parameters to hide
- Try adding phase delay compensation
- O skin
- Blog post pre-processing
- Blog post MP3 and declipping

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:50 pm 

Why is the VST plugin file almost 5 MB smaller than in the other betas? The beta version 9 had a size of 21450752 bytes. The present has only 15368192 bytes. Somehow that's a little strange.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:05 pm 

I don`t understand why you care at all ?
Just download and take your tests. Why you care what is the size...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Why is the VST plugin file almost 5 MB smaller than in the other betas? The beta version 9 had a size of 21450752 bytes. The present has only 15368192 bytes. Somehow that's a little strange.
Upload error! Will re-upload.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:49 am 

Highs exciter sounds like very very bad resampling effect.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Highs exciter sounds like very very bad resampling effect.
Oops! I tested it on phone sounds and forgot to restore the original (currently hard coded) parameters!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:52 pm 

I found that where we have double "same" indicators , for example FM (on the most right side next to the CLIP)
Now, when you chagne bands on MBs or NB and may be Noise gates, you always get one or another indicator thinner than the other.

Try to change only the MB1 bands from 1 to 9 and look to the FM indicators . The one is thicker in certain settings. May be only even number of pixels for thickness to be used ? 10, 12, 14, etc . I guess it sets even number for the one, and odd number for the other . So, that is the difference in the indicators thickness. Is it "bad looking" ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:34 pm 

Quote:
Oops! I tested it on phone sounds and forgot to restore the original (currently hard coded) parameters!
Until when are you going to make the filter configurable?

What I have noticed:
If you have a piece of audio, which rises in the spectrogram of the energy. That is, for example a snare sound. then the transition between the original and the reconstruction is not good. There is then a hard cut between the original and the reconstruction. The same applies the other way around. If you have a signal, which has hardly overtones eg a classical recording, then there is a large hole between the original and the reconstruction. I've attached two pictures of it.

Attachments:
File comment: Hard transition when there is a snare.
transition.JPG
transition.JPG [ 107.13 KiB | Viewed 5808 times ]
File comment: Hole when the Spekteogram decreases from the energy forth.
hole.JPG
hole.JPG [ 66.81 KiB | Viewed 5808 times ]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 759 Next