All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

If anyone is interested in this, I have just made the scope skinnable. So you can make it a different color than the standard blue/greenish.

Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-006.exe

How:
- File is called scope.png
- Shape is same as for meters, so 3x256 pixels. So you can copy one of the meters .png files as a starting point.
- First column is main color.
- Second column is red color
- Third column gets added to the first for the white line in the MPX display (so 1st + 3rd may not overflow).

Note: Not the whole range is used. Values upto 207 are used, so 49 pixels at the bottom are ignored.
Edit: That was incorrect. Top 48 pixels are ignored. Pixel 48 is the lightest one, pixel 255 is the darkest (usually black). Note: You can of course also swap the colors (light background).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:20 pm 

Quote:
If anyone is interested in this, I have just made the scope skinnable. So you can make it a different color than the standard blue/greenish.

Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-006.exe

How:
- File is called scope.png
- Shape is same as for meters, so 3x256 pixels. So you can copy one of the meters .png files as a starting point.
- First column is main color.
- Second column is red color
- Third column gets added to the first for the white line in the MPX display (so 1st + 3rd may not overflow).

Note: Not the whole range is used. Values upto 207 are used, so 49 pixels at the bottom are ignored.
Edit: That was incorrect. Top 48 pixels are ignored. Pixel 48 is the lightest one, pixel 255 is the darkest (usually black). Note: You can of course also swap the colors (light background).
I have problems loading the png files from the folder . Even when i Switch to the original skin.

Thanks A lot Hans

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:54 pm 

Attachment:
scope.png
scope.png [ 442 Bytes | Viewed 8094 times ]
Try this.
Still can't match :) working on it..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 pm 

Quote:
Attachment:
scope.png
Try this.
No it doesn't read any .png file like the old versions did.

My radio station

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Attachment:
scope.png
Try this.
No it doesn't read any .png file like the old versions did.
Make sure that you place the .png files in the directory from which you run Stereo Tool.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:43 am 

Got it working and now a question how is the color of a pixel calculated ?

My radio station

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:44 am 

Quote:
7.85 BETA005

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-005.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-005.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-005.dll

CHANGED:
I've been busy hiding a lot more deprecated features (if they are set to their default value). This should make the GUI a bit simpler. Stuff that's now hidden (still there and still functional if you really want to use it):
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel
- "Classic Multiband Compressor" panel
- "Classic Singleband" panel
- "Pre-limiter" panel (in Advanced Clipper)
- "Leif's clipper efficiency modification" checkbox
- "Composite clipping Strictness (CPU)" checkbox
- Phase rotation: ""At start of processing" checkbox
- AGC "Compatibility & behavior" header
- All Singleband and Multiband "Compressor type" (Analog/Digital) pull-downs
- Multiband and Natural Dynamics "Compatibility mode (bad)" for Flat Frequency Response checkbox
- "Bass protection (Deprecated)" header in Advanced Clipper -> Bass
- "Highs gap protection: *" in Advanced Clipper -> Highs
- "Smooth slope" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- "Upsampled highs clipping (useless)" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- Stokkemask: "Force Stokkemask even if not using Composite Clipping (bad for audio)"
- BS412: ""De-basser non-ITU.1770 compatibility mode (bad)"

OLD CHANGES:
- Right clicking now restores default again, mid or double right clicking restores last loaded preset (or startup) value.
Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
- What is the pink line in the BS412 display? Maybe remove it. http://i.imgur.com/70mWvqp.png -> Ah no, it's the adjustment of the compressor thresholds. Needs to be added to Help page.
- BS412 has VERY narrow jump on de-basser from 240 to 250 Hz. (Jump of multiple dB's). -> No, brown line jumps but actual output is smooth, so no problem.
- BS412 bass filter doesn't use ITU1770 as it should but some weird other shape that goes up to about 250 Hz.
- Need to support 2 default values and a RESET TO LAST LOADED VALUE reset option.
- Hide not selected deprecated stuff - partially working!
- Move Copyright stuff etc. also to command line version (maybe just copy it?)

TODO:
- Continue with finding parameters to hide
- Make scope skinnable
- Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any). The next version shouldn't have this problem anymore, also, when BS412 is used I have now disabled the Advanced Clipper Drive slider.
- Add phase delay compensation
- O skin
I'm have questions regarding several of these features listed as depreciated. I was always under the impression that features listed as "depreciated" or "bad" for example are the only depreciated/not recommended features in ST. Several of these listed such as the digital/analog option for the MB and SB compressors and the adv clipper pre-limiter I was not aware of being depreciated. Does this mean the analog style compressor is recommended instead of the digital? Should Leif's efficiency always be used or not used for best sound (if CPU usage is not a concern)?

Best regards,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am 

Quote:
7.85 BETA005

(...)Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any).
I would prefer to remove the "Input amplification" slider in the BS.412 section and let the "Adv. Clipper drive" always stay active. Cause the Input amplification slider does actually the same as the adv Clip drive slider with BS.412 off. In Addition it is more convinient to adjust always "dB's" instead of a multiplicator value...
So you would have to use the adv. Clip drive to drive the BS.412 Limiter into Saturation if activated.
Regards,
Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
Quote:
Several of these listed such as the digital/analog option for the MB and SB compressors (...) Does this mean the analog style compressor is recommended instead of the digital?
Yes, I think the Ananog version sounds better, so I would definitely recommend using Analog for any new presets. Also I'm not really planning to make any changes to the Digital compressor anymore. If anyone disagrees, let me know...
Quote:
and the adv clipper pre-limiter I was not aware of being depreciated.
Well, it was needed a while ago because certain sounds caused pumping effects (for example loud voices), but with the changes that I made when Leif was here, those effects are gone (Leifs clipper didn't have this issue so I had to work on mine until I didn't have it anymore either). So, I think it's not needed anymore.
Quote:
Should Leif's efficiency always be used or not used for best sound (if CPU usage is not a concern)?
It has nearly no effect (and definitely no noticeable effect) on the sound.

Beside other things, I need to focus my new developments - if I keep improving all these old filters as well it will take more time. For example, the code for Digital compressor mode is much more complex than that for Analog mode, it also contains a few bugs (certain settings don't work in all combinations of settings), and the CPU load is 3-4 times higher than that of Analog mode. And I really wanted to make the GUI less difficult because the more settings there are, the more confusing it is to users.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
7.85 BETA005

(...)Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any).
I would prefer to remove the "Input amplification" slider in the BS.412 section and let the "Adv. Clipper drive" always stay active. Cause the Input amplification slider does actually the same as the adv Clip drive slider with BS.412 off. In Addition it is more convinient to adjust always "dB's" instead of a multiplicator value...
So you would have to use the adv. Clip drive to drive the BS.412 Limiter into Saturation if activated.
Regards,
Robert
That makes it difficult to make a preset that can be used both with and without BS412. Which is the reason why both sliders need to exist. Now, when you disable BS412, the Advanced Clipper Drive becomes enabled and active. If it would be a single slider, then turning BS412 off wouldn't affect the audio level.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 559 Next