All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 5759 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't really seen any - it's hard to get such deep holes in 'natural' audio. But it's possible - I've seen one 60's track where the Delossifier actually adds bad stuff (which is why I added the MP3 detection that turns SHF off when it doesn't seem to be an MP3).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:57 am 

Hans,

QQ, What has changed with ST so much that it causes my SAM Broadcaster to suddenly stall with playing music and skip on songs. A lot of cut-outs. i've nevr expeerienced that before. I have to cut ST off.
I upgraded from ST 7.24 to 7.84 with the same settings file, I have been using since 7.24. This happens with every version of ST.
I've noticed a signifigant file size increase from about 1.6 MB's from 7.24 to over 20MB's for 7.84??

CPU usgae with ST/SAM enabled is about 4-6%. I am running an E3-1230 with 32GB's of RAM. So there is nothing even out of the ordinary, and it's not over utilizing any resources.

Thansk,
JE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:52 am 
Site Admin

@UrbanHitzRadio: I don't know. I can't think of anything that would cause this. I haven't tried running it in SAM for a long time, so I guess I'll have to try it again.

The increase in size is caused in part by a switch to a newer compiler which generates more optimized (but also bigger) code, a bigger optimized library that I'm using and a lot of code size increase - I've added quite a lot of things since version 7.24!

So, how often does this happen? And what happens exactly when it stalls? Is there a way to get out of it?

Edit: I've loaded my old SAM install with the latest version and let it run all night, so far no issues.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:12 pm 

the latest Beta version imo sounds calmer and more detailed, especially the high lisps less.
same preset is used for both beta versions (previous and final).
I now test all use options. If something goes wrong, I'll let you know,

regards
G

Last edited by GuntherM on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm 

Quote:
I haven't really seen any - it's hard to get such deep holes in 'natural' audio. But it's possible - I've seen one 60's track where the Delossifier actually adds bad stuff (which is why I added the MP3 detection that turns SHF off when it doesn't seem to be an MP3).
Nice :)
Yes, 60's and before are awful to process anyway, and if the tracks come straight from vinyl it's even worse.
Not that I play much of that kind of music, but when I create a preset every genre has a try with it. Even classic music.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:10 am 

Quote:
@UrbanHitzRadio: I don't know. I can't think of anything that would cause this. I haven't tried running it in SAM for a long time, so I guess I'll have to try it again.

The increase in size is caused in part by a switch to a newer compiler which generates more optimized (but also bigger) code, a bigger optimized library that I'm using and a lot of code size increase - I've added quite a lot of things since version 7.24!

So, how often does this happen? And what happens exactly when it stalls? Is there a way to get out of it?

Edit: I've loaded my old SAM install with the latest version and let it run all night, so far no issues.
Hey Hans,

Its all solved. I forgot to turn the AGC for one of the decks off. But I'm running 7.85 Beta 076, sounding grrrreat! When is the OR (official release) going to be dropped?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:31 am 

Hans, I want to share my experience with the feature "Asymmetry L-R"

A couple of weeks that have active air with the following settings made:
-Extra Steps: 6
-maximum Asymmetry: 100%

We have received 3 reports that improved reception in areas where the signal was very weak

I'm testing the preset with MPXTool and seems demodulated signal is between 20/30% higher !.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 am 

out of topic :)

Louder yes !
Better recieption no.. :) ( same recieption with or without ... yes )

I believe that for the best recieption ( if you are lucky and have a HIGH dbr PRESET ( more than 7 or 8 dbr ) even in low signal or multipath areas the best modulation is under 62 khz, or ...even ... 55 khz - 56 khz average, and 58 khz peaks at worst case.

In 58 khz peaks ( with 55 , 56 khz average ) pilot is 10 % and rds 9 % . so at 58 peaks , pilot and rds levels are compatible with all recievers ( best stereo pilot for me is : 5,4 and best rds is 3,5 ) ( at 58 khz peaks modulation )

so,
58 khz peaks
55 56 average
pilot 10 % ( 5,4 khz )
rds 9 % ( 3,5 khz )
you get the best coverege , summmer and winter , multipath areas, low signal areas, :oops:

Last edited by camclone on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:07 am 

Quote:

Louder yes !
Better recieption no.. :) ( same recieption with or without ... yes )

I believe that for the best recieption even in low signal or multipath areas the best modulation is under 62 khz, or ...even ... 55 khz - 56 khz average, and 58 khz peaks at worst case.

In 58 khz peaks ( with 55 , 56 khz average ) pilot is 10 % and rds 9 % . so at 58 peaks , pilot and rds levels are compatible with all recievers ( best stereo pilot for me is : 5,4 and best rds is 3,5 ) ( at 58 khz peaks modulation )

so,
58 khz peaks
55 56 average
pilot 10 % ( 5,4 khz )
rds 9 % ( 3,5 khz )
you get the best coverege , summmer and winter , multipath areas, low signal areas, :oops:

Low level modulation, maybe it's useful to multipath areas.

My experience is totally contradictory, lower level decreases the reception.
I tried it personally at a location where the signal is very bad.
With teamviewer adjusted the level of modulation, the higher the better was the reception. (Although if over-modulated too, the reception grew worse)

I had no opportunity to test the feature "Asymmetry L-R" from a place of bad reception, but the listeners say

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am 

hmmmm,
low deviation ( 55 , 56 khz ) with a high dbr preset ( over 7 or 8 dbr of power - loudness )

if your preset is not very " high dbr preset " ( at 55 , 56 ) then you will make your music and voices be lower than ....noise levels :)

Correct !

So, high dbr , at 55 , 56 khz average with 10% stereo, 9 % rds ..for me :)

a tip : if you are trying to tweak the .... multipath areas WITHOUT GPS SYNC AND DDS EXCITERS ( from same radiostation , from different broadcast sites ) then you may be confused when you increase the modulation in 1 of the 2 transmitters becuse if 1 of 2 has a high dbr preset and MODULATION OVER 55 , 56 khz on site 1 , then the bigger and ...wider mask ...of the site 1 may make the other signal ( site 2 with 55 , 56 khz ...come up and hide the other mask :)

LESS DEVIATION .....BETTER DEVIATION MASK , less wider :) ...better signal in multipath areas with no gps sync or dds exciter :)

Last edited by camclone on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 153 54 55 56 5759 Next