All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1959 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:39 pm 

Quote:
this question

What do you mean what polar stereo how it works, what benefits have a sound working ?
For those outside of former USSR it does nothing. But there are countries in the ex-USSR where OIRT FM band and polar stereo system are extensively used: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus etc., so it's useful for FM transmissions in these countries.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

7.85 BETA028

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-028.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-028.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-028.dll

CHANGED:
- Fixed bug in HARD LIMIT introduced in BETA027 (caused crashes).
- Added slider to Exciter to choose between a more natural spectrum which however sounds more distorted, vs a very clean sound but with shrill tones in it. Will try to get rid of this slider and automatically choose the correct setting soon!

OLD CHANGES:
- Polar stereo: K filter added, but output is not strictly clipped anymore. Waiting for feedback.
- Add AM test tone: Sawtooth with pause at 0, asymmetrical. LPF needed?
- Fixed crackle at startup caused by Ignore high frequencies (even if it was disabled!)
- Loading old preset from before Analog mode was added apparently loads in Analog mode! -> Works now, just no idea why??
- Exciter: Crash should be fixed.
- Exciter: Sometimes you see darker bars in the spectrum, changing the overlap back and forth removes those, so somehow some levels aren't always calculated when a setting is changed.
- Fixed crash when closing
- Exciter: Moved to separate page, for now called Absolute Highs.
- Exciter: Added GUI element to show Absolute Highs effect.
- Exciter: Broken at latency 512
- GUI: Fixed hangups caused by tooltips.
- GUI: Remove dots in changed settings for some buttons on top of the screen.
- Exciter: Made frequency range configurable!!! (Old default numbers were 8000-9000 Hz)
- Blog post pre-processing, MP3 and declipping
- GUI: Added tooltips!
- Added exciter (rest of list removed)
- Added (not yet fully ok) Polar Stereo support for OIRT FM stations.
- Error (crash) on some systems should be solved
- Show something in settings that have been changed (for example a dot next to the name of the setting).
- Add license check function: extern "C" bool stereoTool_IsLicenseValid(gStereoTool* st_instance);
- Make scope skinnable
- Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any). The next version shouldn't have this problem anymore, also, when BS412 is used I have now disabled the Advanced Clipper Drive slider.
I've been busy hiding a lot more deprecated features (if they are set to their default value). This should make the GUI a bit simpler. Stuff that's now hidden (still there and still functional if you really want to use it):
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel
- "Classic Multiband Compressor" panel
- "Classic Singleband" panel
- "Pre-limiter" panel (in Advanced Clipper)
- "Leif's clipper efficiency modification" checkbox
- "Composite clipping Strictness (CPU)" checkbox
- Phase rotation: ""At start of processing" checkbox
- AGC "Compatibility & behavior" header
- All Singleband and Multiband "Compressor type" (Analog/Digital) pull-downs
- Multiband and Natural Dynamics "Compatibility mode (bad)" for Flat Frequency Response checkbox
- "Bass protection (Deprecated)" header in Advanced Clipper -> Bass
- "Highs gap protection: *" in Advanced Clipper -> Highs
- "Smooth slope" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- "Upsampled highs clipping (useless)" in Advanced Clipper -> Distortion
- Stokkemask: "Force Stokkemask even if not using Composite Clipping (bad for audio)"
- BS412: ""De-basser non-ITU.1770 compatibility mode (bad)"

- Right clicking now restores default again, mid or double right clicking restores last loaded preset (or startup) value.
Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
- What is the pink line in the BS412 display? Maybe remove it. http://i.imgur.com/70mWvqp.png -> Ah no, it's the adjustment of the compressor thresholds. Needs to be added to Help page.
- BS412 has VERY narrow jump on de-basser from 240 to 250 Hz. (Jump of multiple dB's). -> No, brown line jumps but actual output is smooth, so no problem.
- BS412 bass filter doesn't use ITU1770 as it should but some weird other shape that goes up to about 250 Hz.
- Need to support 2 default values and a RESET TO LAST LOADED VALUE reset option.
- Hide not selected deprecated stuff - partially working!
- Move Copyright stuff etc. also to command line version (maybe just copy it?)

TODO:
- Voice protection in classic MB is broken. Check what changed. (Code should not have changed at all). - Hm, more has changed. Check in which version! -> Waiting for reply to question
- MB: Make Overview window for new Multiband! For main settings.
- MB: Add voice volume protection, don't allow mid bands to drop below surrounding (to some extent), protectes voices and it might help to replicate the sound of certain other processors :)
- Exciter: Try to improve tone behavior (should also reduce whole area around a spike I think - maybe configurable?)
- Exciter: Improve further, and make it configurable.
- Add Polar stereo viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6233&p=33031#p33031
- MP3?
- Try adding phase delay compensation
- O skin
- Also show tooltips for blocks of parameters.
- Continue with finding parameters to hide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 pm 

Quote:
- MB: Add voice volume protection, don't allow mid bands to drop below surrounding (to some extent), protectes voices and it might help to replicate the sound of certain other processors
Nice :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:01 am 

Quote:
Quote:
- MB: Add voice volume protection, don't allow mid bands to drop below surrounding (to some extent), protectes voices and it might help to replicate the sound of certain other processors
That's avaliable already. Trick is in band coupling slider.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:55 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's avaliable already. Trick is in band coupling slider.
Thank you, Bojcha.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

7.85 BETA029

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-029.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-029.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-029.dll

NO CHANGES EXCEPT AN AM TEST TONE! So unless you're the one who requested this you might want to skip this beta.

CHANGED:
- Fixed AM sawtooth test tone, adjusted level of other test tones when using AM.

OLD CHANGES:
- Added slider to Exciter to choose between a more natural spectrum which however sounds more distorted, vs a very clean sound but with shrill tones in it. Will try to get rid of this slider and automatically choose the correct setting soon!
- Polar stereo: K filter added, but output is not strictly clipped anymore. Waiting for feedback.
- Fixed crackle at startup caused by Ignore high frequencies (even if it was disabled!)
- Loading old preset from before Analog mode was added apparently loads in Analog mode! -> Works now, just no idea why??
- Exciter: Sometimes you see darker bars in the spectrum, changing the overlap back and forth removes those, so somehow some levels aren't always calculated when a setting is changed.
- Exciter: Made frequency range configurable!!! (Old default numbers were 8000-9000 Hz)
- Show something in settings that have been changed (for example a dot next to the name of the setting).
- Add license check function: extern "C" bool stereoTool_IsLicenseValid(gStereoTool* st_instance);
- Make scope skinnable
- Bug: i found one malfunction in the BS412 Section: If your switch off the FM Option and leave the BS412 Limiter in On-Position the Advanced Clipper only works in a reduced way: You can´t change the Clipper drive even if you pull the handle. The BS412 Limiter is greyed out instead so maybe someone doesn´t find the failure. If You switch the BS412 to off everything works fine again! Just a small detail, but maybe someone will have problems… -> I think I have fixed it (but there are a lot of different combinations of settings that can impact the result, I hope I haven't missed any). The next version shouldn't have this problem anymore, also, when BS412 is used I have now disabled the Advanced Clipper Drive slider.
I've been busy hiding a lot more deprecated features (if they are set to their default value). This should make the GUI a bit simpler. Stuff that's now hidden (still there and still functional if you really want to use it):
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel
- Multiband and Natural Dynamics "Compatibility mode (bad)" for Flat Frequency Response checkbox
- Stokkemask: "Force Stokkemask even if not using Composite Clipping (bad for audio)"

- Right clicking now restores default again, mid or double right clicking restores last loaded preset (or startup) value.
Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
- What is the pink line in the BS412 display? Maybe remove it. http://i.imgur.com/70mWvqp.png -> Ah no, it's the adjustment of the compressor thresholds. Needs to be added to Help page.
- BS412 has VERY narrow jump on de-basser from 240 to 250 Hz. (Jump of multiple dB's). -> No, brown line jumps but actual output is smooth, so no problem.
- BS412 bass filter doesn't use ITU1770 as it should but some weird other shape that goes up to about 250 Hz.
- Need to support 2 default values and a RESET TO LAST LOADED VALUE reset option.

TODO:
- Add another AM test tone, sawtooth with cut off bottom
- Add 'Forcibly remove' to AM settings? Or is this a problem with the transmitter that the tester on Radioforum uses? -> Regardless, I've added it now.
- Voice protection in classic MB is broken. Check what changed. (Code should not have changed at all). - Hm, more has changed. Check in which version! -> Waiting for reply to question
- MB: Add voice volume protection, don't allow mid bands to drop below surrounding (to some extent), protectes voices and it might help to replicate the sound of certain other processors :)
- Exciter: Try to improve tone behavior (should also reduce whole area around a spike I think - maybe configurable?)
- MP3?
- O skin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 pm 

Quote:
7.85 BETA029

NO CHANGES EXCEPT AN AM TEST TONE! So unless you're the one who requested this you might want to skip this beta.
029 is a bigger version than 028

Therefore I WILL TEST THIS VERSION RIGHT VERY NOW THANK SO MUCH THE END.

:P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

7.85 BETA030

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-030.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-030.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-030.dll

Absolute Highs seems to be nearly finished now! Please set the "Pass squeeks" setting to 100% (default is 200%!). I kinda forgot to remove it, it's now determined automatically and the slider shouldn't be needed anymore (but setting it about 100% will still cause squeeky sounds).

CHANGED:
- Add 'Forcibly remove' to AM settings? Or is this a problem with the transmitter that the tester on Radioforum uses? -> Regardless, I've added it now.

OLD CHANGES:
- Fixed AM sawtooth test tone, adjusted level of other test tones when using AM.
- Make scope skinnable
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel

TODO:
- "Input without processing" doesn't work in stand alone version.
- Exciter: Add Volume slider
- Exciter: Add DIFF mode
- Exciter: Make 2 kHz block size configurable, or automatic, or combination. Might work best if it's constant??
- Exciter: Add auto-adjust frequency
- Exciter: Optimize for LPF setting
- Exciter: Make it possible to choose where in the chain to run it
- MP3?
- O skin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:15 pm 

Wow this is unbelievable! By your recent changes the higher frequencies are incredibly great completed! The difference is really big!

You really did a awesome job!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:50 pm 

Quote:
7.85 BETA030

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 85-030.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 85-030.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 85-030.dll

Absolute Highs seems to be nearly finished now! Please set the "Pass squeeks" setting to 100% (default is 200%!). I kinda forgot to remove it, it's now determined automatically and the slider shouldn't be needed anymore (but setting it about 100% will still cause squeeky sounds).

CHANGED:

OLD CHANGES:
- Make scope skinnable
- "Bass AGC (Old)" panel

TODO:
- MP3?
- O skin

7.85 Beta029 ??? is this realy beta030 because the titelbar say's v 029

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 1959 Next