All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.84
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:56 pm 

Now everything is clear .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:44 pm 

Happy New Year!!! :) Happy releases... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:15 am 

Quote:
Ignore High Frequencies chooses a frequency that is at least the frequency that you selected, but it can be higher. Because there are some other requirements that need to be fulfilled (for one, the latency (4096) * the sample rate (say 48000) / the Ignore High Frequencies frequency must be a multiple of 32, and the Ignore High Frequencies frequency must be a whole number. And if you change the Quality slider more requirements get added.
Then isn't it better to remove slider and just make enabled / disabled button?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Ignore High Frequencies chooses a frequency that is at least the frequency that you selected, but it can be higher. Because there are some other requirements that need to be fulfilled (for one, the latency (4096) * the sample rate (say 48000) / the Ignore High Frequencies frequency must be a multiple of 32, and the Ignore High Frequencies frequency must be a whole number. And if you change the Quality slider more requirements get added.
Then isn't it better to remove slider and just make enabled / disabled button?
It's not that the slider has no effect, but the frequency can be a bit higher. For example if you pick 19001 Hz it will be set to 19200. Anyway, there's an AUTO setting that's enabled by default, and the slider is now only visible in Extreme Tweaker mode.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
- What is the pink line in the BS412 display? Maybe remove it. http://i.imgur.com/70mWvqp.png -> Ah no, it's the adjustment of the compressor thresholds. Needs to be added to Help page.
- BS412 has VERY narrow jump on de-basser from 240 to 250 Hz. (Jump of multiple dB's). -> No, brown line jumps but actual output is smooth, so no problem.
- BS412 bass filter doesn't use ITU1770 as it should but some weird other shape that goes up to about 250 Hz.
- Need to support 2 default values and a RESET TO LAST LOADED VALUE reset option. - Works, 1st right click goes to preset, 2nd right click goes to default. It might be better to make it right click & right double click, waiting for feedback first.
- Hide not selected deprecated stuff - partially working!
- Move Copyright stuff etc. also to command line version (maybe just copy it?)
- O skin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Bug: If you use FM and Normal output, with separately processed audio for streaming for Normal output, and for FM output enable pre-emphasis but *not* pre-emphasize output, then Normal output is not processed separately!
You are right. I just test it.

Good message for the "brither highs". But i like the pre-limiter that is added when you enable the pre-emphasis.

Any chance to have this option on Normal output, lets say additional line in the drop-down menu . Because if i disable the FM output, Normal output is always pre-emphasised . It`s good to fix this and add a line "Separate proccessed +pre-limited" or something like this.

I other words the problem is : If you disable the "Fm Transmitter" ( may be it`s not FM output problem), you get drop-down menu in Normal output greyed out (disabled).Is it the right thing , that must happen ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Good message for the "brither highs". But i like the pre-limiter that is added when you enable the pre-emphasis.
I really don't know what you mean here? And the pre-limiter also works without pre-emphasis.
Quote:
I other words the problem is : If you disable the "Fm Transmitter" ( may be it`s not FM output problem), you get drop-down menu in Normal output greyed out (disabled).Is it the right thing , that must happen ?
I know, known issue, caused by historic reasons, should be fixed at some point (and when it is it will also make other things easier).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:35 pm 

I mean you added a message for "getting brighter highs" - good one
And for the prelimiter - you said one time that if you enable the pre-emphasis - it has a "hidden" pre-limiter, that is enabled too. I mean i like it , it`s very useful sometimes for Normal output streaming - that`s why i said - is there any chance to have it on Normal output when "FM transmitter" is disabled.
You already said that you know this issue.

WOW, 1000 posts . Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

It adds some things for handling extreme amounts of highs, no need for that when you're not processing pre-emphasized audio (unless you want extreme highs in it).

Congrats :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:05 am 

Happy New Year and thank you for 7.84. It's magnificent!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next