All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:19 pm 

I found that if RDS PI code is "empty" (later ST fills it with 0), the RDS indicator of my receiver is not "light on". But RDS is active and running - all of it. Including RT and so on.

If i change PI to something (whatever it is), indicator is ON.
Is this right behavour ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Is version 7.84 BETA022 still save to use with ASIO without problems?
Because it's on air now but if it's not save i'll need to update.
If it works it's probably fine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I found that if RDS PI code is "empty" (later ST fills it with 0), the RDS indicator of my receiver is not "light on". But RDS is active and running - all of it. Including RT and so on.

Is this right behavour ?
Please try FFFF.

According to the RDS spec, FFFF means that there's no PI code. Any other code (but 0 might be a special case as well) means that it will switch to other frequencies if their signal is stronger.

If you only have one frequency, you don't want that behavior!!! So then either FFFF or maybe 0 should be used. I will look it up again tonight to make sure...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:28 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Is this right behavour ?
Please try FFFF.

According to the RDS spec, FFFF means that there's no PI code. Any other code (but 0 might be a special case as well) means that it will switch to other frequencies if their signal is stronger.

If you only have one frequency, you don't want that behavior!!! So then either FFFF or maybe 0 should be used. I will look it up again tonight to make sure...
FFFF is OK, but i just wonder is "0" or "empty" right . Looks not, so FFFF is back :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

So what happens with FFFF?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:06 pm 

Indicator is ON and Rds is working just good.
Receiver shows PI as "FFFF" . Everything is OK

The thing is that one day i just delete the "F"s and save the preset . Today i wonder why on one preset RDS indicator is OFf, but with another is ON . Found that is from the "empty" PI field :) That`s it. Yes, it was auto filled with "0", not fully empty.

So may be if someone delete the PI code , may be ST to auto fill it with FFFF ? instead of "0"

You can try it : Go to the RDS panel , delete the PI code , then click on any other panel (MB for example), then go back to the RDS panel - you will se PI code filled with "0"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Well I am now not sure anymore what the correct "default" value is, 0 or FFFF.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:19 pm 

In my opinion , if no PI entered , then PI is FFFF(no code).
But i now see that i cannot enter 0000 . May be this is the default code for "no code" ?

The strange thing is that receiver shows "FFFF" as "FFFF", so it decodes it as value . But it must show empty PI entry

Look at the picture . When i delete the Fs , all these including the brackets - disappears!The RDS indicator of my other receiver disappears too.

Attachments:
PI2.JPG
PI2.JPG [ 3.51 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]
PI.JPG
PI.JPG [ 3.93 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 pm 

It`s not that big problem , but my question was ::is it the right behavour , when no PI entered , RDS indicator to disappear?
It`s strange because RDS is still there and works like a charm without RDS indicator to show that there IS rds service ! Is PI code that important so decoder to turn on the indicator ?

If it`s still not clear , i can make a video to show you

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

I've tried to Google a bit but I haven't been able to find a lot of information.

What I did find is: If you have only one frequency, you should set the 2nd digit to 0 (so FFFF would not match that, should be F0FF). Also, F is a valid country code, and 0 is not, so it would make sense to use 0 as the default for the first digit as well (00FF) - this could however be an invalid code since the 0 country code doesn't exist.

For the last 2 digits, the valid values are 01-FF, 00 means not assigned. Which sounds like what you want if you didn't fill it in.

So, I'm now wondering if I should replace the default FFFF code by 0. I'm just a bit worried though that some radio's or analysers might not like it and it might seem to people who start to use Stereo Tool that RDS isn't working properly.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next