All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.83
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:56 am 

Quote:
When I minimize to system tray , it makes cuts in the audio. With the previous version did not happen.
Help me please :cry:
If you have a multicore processor, make sure that GUI and Processing is in separate threads or cores, and also try to put GUI to a core other than the first since it's used by drivers (according to help pages).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
When I minimize to system tray , it makes cuts in the audio. With the previous version did not happen.
Which is the previous version? 7.82? And is it a single cut or does it keep doing it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:47 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Which is the previous version? 7.82? And is it a single cut or does it keep doing it?
The previus version is 7.82
It's a continuous cuts, like a buffer underrun or high cpu usage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
There are some changes in the sound card handling between the two versions. It might be that for some reason the fact that the program is put in the tray causes it to get less CPU power or something.

Please check:
- How big your output buffer/buffers is/are
- If they are small, does it fix the problem if you increase them?

If this makes no difference, if you can send me some info so I can login with TeamViewer (if you have that installed on this system) I can take a look to try to find out what's happening.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:54 pm 

Quick comment - installed 7.83 last night. I'm just using the "out of the box" settings for TrueBass.

Biggest shock: "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (Beatles, mono, original recording) streamed this morning. Ringo's kick drum was shockingly good.

Initial thoughts: TrueBass is a great feature.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:17 am 

Quote:
Quote:
There are some changes in the sound card handling between the two versions. It might be that for some reason the fact that the program is put in the tray causes it to get less CPU power or something.

Please check:
- How big your output buffer/buffers is/are
- If they are small, does it fix the problem if you increase them?

If this makes no difference, if you can send me some info so I can login with TeamViewer (if you have that installed on this system) I can take a look to try to find out what's happening.
Version 7.83 is the worst for me. I installed 7.82 again and now I can browse with Chrome at the same time and without cuts!
(By the way, I use windows 10 64bit and install ST Standalone 64bit)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 am 
Site Admin

But have you tried increasing the buffer size? I'm asking because I changed something in the behavior for small buffer sizes, so far most people have said that it's better, but maybe it's not in Windows 10. So please try that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
  • Generic plugin: Added function to set parameter values.
  • Generic plugin: Added export of ParameterEnum for generic plugin customers.
Does this means that you are working on a version without the GUI?
No. There's a "generic" (as in: not Winamp or VST) plugin that is used by multiple suppliers of playout systems, and by some big media groups that process large numbers of streams (some over 100) and want more control over what happens.
So you are using X-windows within the omnia9.sg as well? Why no version without the GUI?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Is it just me how would like to have x number of TB as a parameter? (like how many multibands you can choose).
The way it is now, you have 2, and you can turn them on or off separately. Why would you want to be able to set the number of bands? Or is 2 not enough?
Don't think 2 bands enough. 4 might be.

I would like to have a Bass section (same as with the Stereo section).

First the TB (multiband) and the BB and then a Bass compressor before mixing it back again. In this case, I'm running the TB after the multibands compressors.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:28 pm 

Another one.

Be able to start more than one instance under Linux with Jack. With different setting for each instance.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next