All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.80
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:22 am 

Quote:
*** issue is fixed now - I will rebuild asap.

Buffer issue: tested on my laptop without ASIO and that worked fine. I also know that several other people have it in use without issues.

I did notice one weird thing: at some point the buffer size and output level of the Normal Output seemed to have no effect. After resetting it was fine again and I have no idea why. No buffering issues though.

So, question to those who have issues with it: please tell me your exact input and output configuration.
Including the buffer sizes.
The case is with ASIO, he uses the ASIO in this report.
NoN-ASIO works OK - i can confirm it too (32 bit Stand alone)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

@EliasKrause: I'm now actually very surprised that this worked fine in 7.73! Because you're sending outputs to multiple sound cards without turning on synchronization... that should actually have caused problems similar to what you're describing in 7.80 but in 7.73. And going to 7.80 which should automatically turn sync on should actually have fixed it. Ugh :(

I will look into this!

Just for my curiosity, could you try what happens when you *en*able sync in 7.73?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:32 pm 

Quote:
@EliasKrause: I'm now actually very surprised that this worked fine in 7.73! Because you're sending outputs to multiple sound cards without turning on synchronization... that should actually have caused problems similar to what you're describing in 7.80 but in 7.73.
Wow. I guess I learned something new today about Stereo Tool configuration :oops:
Quote:
Just for my curiosity, could you try what happens when you *en*able sync in 7.73?
Of course, but I want to be sure: Should I enable sync for only the Normal Output (which is non-ASIO), or should I enable it on FM Output (ASIO) as well?
And what about sync on the Input - enable or disable?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:06 pm 

I already told you to turn it ON if it`s OFF or AUTO ! Look at the previous page .
Also in my opinion - the 0.2s buffer is a little low. Make it at least 0.5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
@EliasKrause: I'm now actually very surprised that this worked fine in 7.73! Because you're sending outputs to multiple sound cards without turning on synchronization... that should actually have caused problems similar to what you're describing in 7.80 but in 7.73.
Wow. I guess I learned something new today about Stereo Tool configuration :oops:
Quote:
Of course, but I want to be sure: Should I enable sync for only the Normal Output (which is non-ASIO), or should I enable it on FM Output (ASIO) as well?
Try ON in 7.73 for all of them, it should never cause issues (only increase CPU load). And then please let me know if you see similar issues as in 7.80.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try ON in 7.73 for all of them, it should never cause issues (only increase CPU load). And then please let me know if you see similar issues as in 7.80.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:27 am 

Any idea why the Winamp/DSP plug-in version shows version 7.90 on the top?
And the first time I tried opening the plug-in, I only saw a blank white screen.
After I restarted the program, I was able to then open it, but I never had that issue before...
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Any idea why the Winamp/DSP plug-in version shows version 7.90 on the top?
And the first time I tried opening the plug-in, I only saw a blank white screen.
After I restarted the program, I was able to then open it, but I never had that issue before...
Thanks.
Whoops! Typo in the DSP version number!

No idea about the white screen, if it happens again, please send me your .ini file.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:04 am 

Quote:
Whoops! Typo in the DSP version number!

No idea about the white screen, if it happens again, please send me your .ini file.
Are you going to be compiling/uploading a new DSP release?
And I'll keep an eye on it, thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:17 am 
Site Admin

Hm, I was just testing some really low latency stuff and I discovered that the non-phase-linear HPF and phase rotation filter don't work!

Since this is really a more serious issue, I will run a new 7.81 build now.

Solved problems will be:
- *** issue fixed
- 7.90 in DSP version title bar fixed
- Low latency mode HPF and phase rotation fixed

Remaining:
- Buffer bar gray out + lost audio or small audio drops, both in Windows stand alone version. (Hm. Could you try 32 vs 64 bit? It shouldn't make any difference but the * issue is suspicious! - WAITING FOR FEEDBACK
- NAN in Winamp DSP plugin when swiching between presets. That has happened before... (although I thought it was fixed now).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next