All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.80
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:16 am 

Quote:
Try ON in 7.73 for all of them, it should never cause issues (only increase CPU load). And then please let me know if you see similar issues as in 7.80.
Turned Sync on in 7.73 for Input, Normal Output and FM Output (even though the option is grayed out on FM Output). So far, everything is okay. But the buffer bar on FM Output got emptied - is this normal?
Attachment:
Skærmbillede 2015-11-11 kl. 07.12.45.png
Skærmbillede 2015-11-11 kl. 07.12.45.png [ 184.81 KiB | Viewed 8815 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:01 pm 

Quote:
- NAN in Winamp DSP plugin when swiching between presets. That has happened before... (although I thought it was fixed now).
No issue here on DSP 7.74 beta027 when changing to Wiele's preset(not updated), and back

AMD win7-64

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 pm 

Quote:
Try ON in 7.73 for all of them, it should never cause issues (only increase CPU load). And then please let me know if you see similar issues as in 7.80.
ST 7.73 ran for a few hours with Sync ON (Input, Normal Output and FM Output) - no problems.

I then installed 7.81, checked that Sync was still ON - and after a few minutes the exact same thing happened as described in the first post.

Downgrading to 7.73 again now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm 

Beginner problem here... maybe.

Trying to load up a stream. I can bring it up in VLC directly, as suggested in the help file. That works fine. However, I get a "stream error... restarting" indication when trying to load it up in ST. I've turned off ASIO and set "stream via VLC"

Checked 3rd party problems & didn't find anything there that seemed to fit.

What am I doing wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Beginner problem here... maybe.

Trying to load up a stream. I can bring it up in VLC directly, as suggested in the help file. That works fine. However, I get a "stream error... restarting" indication when trying to load it up in ST. I've turned off ASIO and set "stream via VLC"

Checked 3rd party problems & didn't find anything there that seemed to fit.

What am I doing wrong.
Are you entering the URL of the stream itself of a .pls or similar file that contains a list of streams? The latter won't work!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
ST 7.73 ran for a few hours with Sync ON (Input, Normal Output and FM Output) - no problems.

I then installed 7.81, checked that Sync was still ON - and after a few minutes the exact same thing happened as described in the first post.

Downgrading to 7.73 again now.
Can you send me your .ini file? I was thinking of asking for Teamviewer access, but I'm in the US right now so I can't really look at what's happening. I'll be back on Friday, so if the .ini file doesn't help me I might still ask for it.

I've just browsed through the sound card code of version 7.70 vs 7.81 and I don't see any change that would explain this behavior. So let me ask you another question: If you press the "RESET SOUND CARDS" button, does the problem disappear?? If not I must be looking at a completely wrong place.

Edit: Just read back and saw that you got this gray bar. Which means that it *HAS* to be the sound card handling.

Edit #2: I MANAGED TO REPRODUCE MOST OF IT HERE.
"Auto-restart" causes the gray bar. "Restart if below" is set to 1% though and "Restart if above" to 200%, so it makes no sense that it would go down...
I did notice though that after restarting, it keeps restarting continuously, which would explain the quiet input.
The continuous restart issue does NOT occur in version 7.73.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

The continuous restarting is fixed now. It should also have been there in 7.73 but I haven't been able to reproduce it, but anyway, it's gone in my latest build as well now.

But I have no idea yet why it started restarting in the first place.

@EliasKrause: Turning 'Auto restart' off will fix it for now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 pm 

[quote="hvz] Are you entering the URL of the stream itself of a .pls or similar file that contains a list of streams? The latter won't work![/quote]

Using a feed from a Barix Instreamer:

URL: http://xx.xx.xx.xx:port/xstream

Works in VLC. cut & paste to ST and it errors out.

Also tried a working configuration without the port number... same result.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I've kinda figured out what's going on. That is, I see why it's incorrectly restarting. I just have no idea why it didn't do this in version 7.73 - although I did rewrite some other things that might have an effect on timing...

Edit: Solved! Turns out I moved some calls in a different order, which caused the reported values for the buffer filling that are used *internally* to be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:47 pm 

Ok, so we can expect a 7.82 today ?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next