All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2224 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.73
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I just got the NAN error in the Natural dynamics . I play with the frequency bands sliders fast (left right) and it gave me the error at the last two sliders (band 8,9). But i think it can give it at other bands too.

The different thing here was that error is not looping. I press CLOSE and ST continue to work. The strange thing is that when i got this error (every time) the sound is affected like boost and reduce the whole level and then again it goes to what it should be.

Ok , start with the default ND frequencies, then make them like in my video, just slide to the next band frequency limit or to the previous band frq limit . You can see what band to what limit is slided in the video.
Then start to play with the band i played.... voila. But make sure you slide it fast and a couple of times ( i don`t know may be needed 5-10 times to get the error).

Check out the video:
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/eMkIH9ux/file.html

Hope this helps
Just tried it for several minutes without any occurrence of this. :(
Did you make the bands like me in the video ?
If don`t - do it.
If not help , try different combinations . And if this is not helping , mey be you must make your CPU "out of the blind" like i call it, and then make the try again

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:04 pm 

Here is this picture .
I got NAN (unrecoverable) in this way . Slide first the bands like this, then start to fast play (slide left-right) with circled band

Attachments:
NAN.JPG
NAN.JPG [ 29.11 KiB | Viewed 8010 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm 

More easy way , everytime NAN occures.

Make bands like this and only move first band- NAN is here. Close it via the X, open it, then again move first band - NAN always here.

Attachments:
NAN1.JPG
NAN1.JPG [ 30.6 KiB | Viewed 8009 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BETA774-021
- Bass In Your Face: Rename to Warm Bass
Is it an idea to move and combine it with the 'Bass Boost' section in stead of creating another one? There are so many sections already.
True... Only thing is that Warm Bass is before the bandpass filter, and Bass Boost is after. :( Let me think about this...
Understood. Though that is under the hood, so to say. It could only be a visual thing only.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:12 pm 

Dsp version 022; frozen Gui at first start. still sound.
Second start, white gui, sound loops, had to kill Sambroadcaster

amd 4 core, Win 7 64,
.ini file attached

Third start, after waiting some time while switching, acts as usual :-) ???

Attachments:
dsp_stereo_tool744-022.zip [18.14 KiB]
Downloaded 355 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Third start, after waiting some time while switching, acts as usual :-) ???
Ow. That might explain why I don't see anything weird here. :(

Could be some timing issue, probably. If you start it again a few times, does it stay ok?

Since I have no idea where to look, I'll ignore this one until I get more info... :(
(I don't think it is, but it could even be SAM related).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
More easy way , everytime NAN occures.

Make bands like this and only move first band- NAN is here. Close it via the X, open it, then again move first band - NAN always here.
Ok, I did make some changes, I hope they help. New version will be uploaded tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it an idea to move and combine it with the 'Bass Boost' section in stead of creating another one? There are so many sections already.
True... Only thing is that Warm Bass is before the bandpass filter, and Bass Boost is after. :( Let me think about this...
Understood. Though that is under the hood, so to say. It could only be a visual thing only.
Edit: Forget this part (see below): Ok, please help me a bit here. I see 3 ways of doing this:

1. Make a "Bass" section which contains 2 pages, Warm Bass and Bass Boost. And a main screen where you can enable either, similar to how the Stereo section works. I don't really like that a lot though.

2. Make "Bass Boost" a subsection of "Warm Bass". Because I kinda think that Warm Bass can replace Bass Boost (but, I could be wrong there - the effects are not equal).

3. Put them together on the same screen. Would be kinda crowded.

Other question: Which name should I use?
- Warm Bass
- Bass In Your Face (sounds nice, but I kinda want to keep that name for some phase effect on bass ;) . Originally this filter really boosted bass kicks a lot, and that effect is actually also nice, and for that the name Bass In Your Face makes much more sense. Maybe I should include that effect as well.)
- Natural Bass (because the idea is that it generates harmonics that should be there, and none that shouldn't - for example if you feed it a sine wave it will not add any harmonics, but if you give it a square wave it will increase the ground frequency, even if you completely filtered that out).
- ???

Edit: Ow. I thought I could put Bass Boost before the highpass filter. But, that's not a good idea. For example, if you play vinyl, and have rumbling, Bass Boost would add upper harmonics at higher frequencies. And then the HPF wouldn't remove those. In the current order it would. So, bad idea.

Also, I really don't want to break the design where the order of the menu is the order of processing. So I can't combine the two. And finally, I cannot move Warm Bass (Bass In Your Face) below the HPF, because it generates subharmonics in some cases which you don't want to have at the end, so the HPF has to be after it. And before Bass Boost if you use both!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:47 pm 

I like "natural bass"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:29 am 

I think you should leave the Name and the place of BIYF like they are now.
Keep the order , so we can see what is the place of every filter. Don`t combine them or make the one a part of the other...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2224 Next