All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.73
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:38 am 

Quote:
I'm going back to Bass In Your Face since it's really an in-your-face bass.

"Warm Bass" doesn't cover it - it's also deep bass.
"Bass Dominator" - There's already an audio processor called 'Dominator'.
"Fat bass" - Just don't like how that sounds (like it's a cheap effect, and it's not!)
"Tube amp bass" - I don't have a clue what that would sound like...
"Natural Bass" - we already have Natural Dynamics, I don't want to keep using the same word everywhere. Although it's probably the best description of all.
"True Bass" - just sent to me by Bojcha, I kinda like it :)
I like "True Bass."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:08 am 
Site Admin

BETA774-027

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 74-027.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 74-027.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 74-027.dll
Windows command line 32: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 74-027.exe NOT UPLOADED
Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 74-027.exe
Windows VST 64: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 74-027.dll
Linux 32 bit:
Linux command line: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... ETA774-027
Linux GUI/Jack: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... ETA774-027
Linux 64 bit:
Linux command line: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... ETA774-027
Linux GUI/Jack: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... ETA774-027

Raspberry Pi 2:
http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... ETA774-008 (008!)

CHANGES:
- Fix build errors (multiple modalities)
- Check crash reported by Wunjo -> Unable to reproduce, waiting for more info. -> Appears to be ok now??
- Change Bass In Your Face Voice protection setting to 1.0 instead of 2.5 (?). More tests needed, but seems MUCH better.
- Add presets
- Put in GIT - TOMORROW!!!
- Decide on final name for Bass In Your Face / Warm Bass / Natural Bass -> True Bass Note: Older settings will NOT be loaded due to the name change, you need to set it again! (Which is partially a good thing because you'll automatically get the new and improved default values).
- Added option to place True Bass before the first, between, or after the 2nd Multiband. Before the first is the new default setting - because with the new Voice Rumble settings, the rumbling issue is reduced a lot.

OLD CHANGES:
- Added True Bass filter.
- Multibands (analog): Added Spectral Balance Compensation.
- Added Raspberry Pi 2 build (requires jackd2, for now).
- Bug fix: GUI: VST window to small in some VST hosts.
- Sound cards: Added automatic detection whether synchronization is needed. To avoid settings that cause hiccups.
- Non-composite clipper: Stokkemask enabled again
- Composite Clipper: Stokkemask: Default strictness changed from 2 to 3.
- ACR Stereo: Fixed weird effect at extremely low latencies, caused by too steep highpass filtering.
- Performance: Found a small issue in Ignore High Frequencies that might have caused a slightly higher CPU load.
- Plug-ins: Added option to boost the level and fix the balance of input audio.
- Plug-ins: Added option to reduce FM output volume, useful when streaming the output to a transmitter site.
- GUI: Show a warning when the sample rate is too low for stereo/RDS.
- GUI: Show a warning that Declipper input waveform display doesn't work when using Ignore High Frequencies.
- GUI: Auto-reduce update speed on CPU with 1 or 2 cores if CPU load is high.
- GUI: Password hidden during typing.
- GUI: Added 'Get from clipboard' button for entering license key.
- Bug fix: On some systems, an exception could occur when changing band frequencies due to a threading bug.
- Bug fix: Winamp plug-in: High value for "Plug-in host latency" caused crashes.
- Bug fix: Setting Stokkemask Use area to 0% (which makes no sense) caused an exception. Range changed.
- Bug fix: Server: Protect against memory reallocation fails when zooming out in the main GUI. Thimeo mode only.
- Bug fix: Dequantizer: Small audio bug found, might have caused a mild vibration effect in the removed noise.
- Bug fix: Console version: Error: -k: Key <xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyx> is invalid message for long keys.
- Bug fix: FM wasn't automatically turned off when selecting a non-FM preset in the last few versions.
- Bug fix: UECP PS/RT texts were sent through the Stereo Tool RDS parser, now not anymore.
- Bug fix: GUI: Ignore High Frequencies: Frequency < 19000 and Quality < 50% made FM output meter go blank.
- Updated Thimeo framework which was broken since version 7.71. Latency in plug-in versions is still too high.
- Added and updated presets.

TO BE DONE - NEEDED FOR RELEASE:
- Add presets: Bojcha and wait for S.W. permission?

TO BE DONE - 9SG:
- Add AF method B via UECP!
- Nu is er de optie bij UECP “Use internal settings on connection drop”, dit lijkt goed te werken. Echter als de verbinding weer is hersteld, komen niet direct de gegevens ingesteld via UECP terug. Pas alle settings overnieuw worden gestuurd, zijn deze weer aanwezig in de 9SG. Zou dit niet gebufferd kunnen worden en zodra de connectie terug is, dit worden weergegeven?

TO BE DONE:
- Make new name version in build file /D_
- Add load/save presets to remote GUI.
- Dequantizer: Make the effect configurable for the lib build. And make it more configurable (final filter vs. first filter).
- Add a big warning when sound card buffers get too full or too empty about enabling Synchronization.
- Bug: Hans I think that you forgot the unrecoverable NAN error when adjusting the ND frequancies. I got exactly the same behavior in both of the multibands.
- Bug: Stereo Tool together with JACK Audio, for whatever reason as soon as I activate ASIO in 7.7x, it just quits out and doesnt open up anymore. Note that this even happens when the JACK server isnt even started up. Oh and I use the 64bit version because the 32bit version cant connect to JACK at all, it just says it failed, in the 64bit version at least it used to work fine. (I'm guessing that this is a Jack bug though - will test it here).
- Fix version with Thimeo engine latency in Winamp (50% higher on normal mode, 75 in Thimeo mode - before replacing readReached event by a switch it was 50% and 50%, I should be able to restore that - caused by looking at the wrong [][] values). Also, the Chain() thread should wait for the calculations to finish. Stand alone latency is ok.
- Check Delayed Bass Clipping: Relative sensitivity. Doesn't work according to Bojcha. It does work though, but maybe doesn't achieve its goal.

TO BE DONE - LATER (HIRE SOMEONE):
- Bug: Mac: After closing About box, main GUI remains unusable. And it's too small. Suggested fix: Disable for now, make a better About box later. Should be part of the planned Mac native GUI design.
- Bug: Mac: If you click the Help Button it will close Reaper. Not sure if this is supposed to happen. Also the Help-URL is not existing. Also part of the planned Mac native GUI design.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:04 am 

Quote:
[...]
Quote:
Additionally your settings decrease the midband output level, so you didn't improve flatness either. (Yes, one could compensate for that, but that's not the point.)
Actually, based on my calculations, the middle band is up to ~ 1.4dB too loud. Band 1 and 3 sum to -13.5dB in the band center / intersection. Therefore Band 2 should peak at ~ -2.06dB for those crossover settings to be flat, but it peaks at ~ -0.6dB.
[...]
Do you happen to have a mathematical description of ST's band implementation? Then I could do my own calculations instead of making assumptions and asking a ton of questions. Would be very helpful and much easier. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:58 pm 

Quote:
If anyone has a better idea based on this description
Bass Without Notice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:54 pm 

Quote:
BETA774-027

CHANGES:

- Check crash reported by Wunjo -> Unable to reproduce, waiting for more info. -> Appears to be ok now??
Its OK now, changed apparently to fast to fully unload

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:18 pm 

Not able to download Win-64 Standalone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:51 pm 

Are the built in presets updated to take into account the new features upon release? E.g. we use Bojcha Enlightened; would a new release containing this preset use the new functionality or at least would it not be effected by it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:38 pm 

Just some one to tell me , why Natural Dynamics to be before MBs ? Why not after them ? This way the "natural" will be more sensible. Now the MB is responsing to the enabling of ND .
Just asking why not to have an option called "After Multibands".
I know that the perfect ST will be to have the ability, user to make the whole chain , i mean like draging the filters like user wants but.. this is in the future i hope.

Or at least it must have option to be after the AGC in my opinion . Or may be both options - "After AGC" and "After Multibands"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 pm 

Natural Dynamics changes the average loudness by increasing peaks, so the spectral balance wouldn't be consistent if it was after the multibands. There's other reasons, but that's a big one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 am 

Quote:
Are the built in presets updated to take into account the new features upon release? E.g. we use Bojcha Enlightened; would a new release containing this preset use the new functionality or at least would it not be effected by it?
I just sent Update for that preset.
Also, updated "Unreal Engine" and new "Unreal Engine 2" :)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next