All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject: Stereo Tool 7.72
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 7.72 is released!

- RDS: Added UECP support for external RDS control.
- RDS: Added option to use 2nd sound card input for an external RDS encoder (PLL synchronizes with pilot).
- SFN (Single Frequency Networks): Added invert setting.
- Web server: Dynamic starting and stopping without restart.
- Bug fix: 7.71 had some logging enabled in Low Latency monitoring which could cause issues.
- Bug fix: 7.60-7.71 Mac VST version used a library that wasn't present on most systems, could not be started.
- Bug fix: Phase Delay: Worked differently at different 'Ignore high frequencies' settings.
- Bug fix: GUI: In Logged out mode some screens were still accessible.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.72
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:00 am 

A bit of a bug, constant clicking with the VST version. Doesn't occur in the previous version of 7.70 just the newer 7.72

Software Environment:
Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Foobar2000 using VST Wrapper (tried using VST Adapter didn't make the clicking go away nor did changing anything else did)
ReplayGain (album) -10db with and -20 db without
DSP Chain:
  • Pregap (delays for automated for playout, often disabled during testing)
  • Convert mono to stereo (mono upmix)
  • Matrix Mixer + Dynamic DSP + Downmix AC3/DTS (Surround Sound Management Scheme Using File Tags encodes Dolby Pro Logic II when Surround material is played)
  • Advanced Limiter
  • Downmix channels to Stereo (surround fail safe for unknown channel configurations and lack of information on how to encode them properly)
  • Advanced Limiter
  • Resampler (SoX) (upsamples to 192 KHz)
  • Advanced Limiter
  • Stereo Tool VST
Planned Output for future broadcasts: Wasapi Asus Phoebus Speakers (Event) 24-bit (max. buffer)
Current Testing Output: DS: Primary Sound Driver (1 second buffer)

Hardware Environment:
1 TB Hard Drive
4 GB RAM
1366 x 768 (screen resolution)
AMD Radeon HD Onboard Graphics
AMD Athlon II X2 220 Processor @ 2.81 GHz
ASUS CM1630 (OEM Motherboard)
ASUS PHOEBUS in PCI Express slot[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm 

Test with ONLY ST in the chain . DOn`t put 1000 additional plugins , and then to say "there is a problem" . I read that with 7.70 it`s ok , but nevermind . You have 15 plugins , please when test , test only with ST plugin.
You may try first to disable other plugins one by one and see when this problem is gone (if gone).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:53 pm 

Quote:
Test with ONLY ST in the chain . DOn`t put 1000 additional plugins , and then to say "there is a problem" . I read that with 7.70 it`s ok , but nevermind . You have 15 plugins , please when test , test only with ST plugin.
You may try first to disable other plugins one by one and see when this problem is gone (if gone).
Cause found: Resampler (Sox) - 3rd Party (uses less CPU)

Using the built-in Resampler (PPHS) resolves it (uses a lot more CPU) even with ultra mode unchecked.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, so not a Stereo Tool problem then apparently? Were you using 'Ignore high frequencies' under CPU & Latency? I just realized that the latency that the plugin reports to the host might not be correct in that case (not sure, I need to check it).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Ok, so not a Stereo Tool problem then apparently? Were you using 'Ignore high frequencies' under CPU & Latency? I just realized that the latency that the plugin reports to the host might not be correct in that case (not sure, I need to check it).
No, that's unchecked.

I just found it starts showing in the PPHS one when the sample rate is under 32 KHz with the source. SoX one doesn't like any sample rate.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

What's the time between the clicks?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:04 pm 

It`s not accidentally that i tell him to start disable one by one other plugins , so to find if it`s from ST or not. looks like it`s not, according to his words.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm 

Quote:
What's the time between the clicks?
Pretty rapid. It's like every few hundred milliseconds.

Strangely it's now disappeared completely over the last 15 minutes and I haven't been able to reproduce it. I have to wonder if the system took a gamma ray burst or something else is going on. It's a little weird that I'm able to reproduce all night and now I'm unable to. I've had a lot of weird periodical glitches with Windows 10 since upgrading, even clean installing it hasn't really stopped a lot of strange things from happening.

Yesterday my system slowed to complete crawl hasn't done it before or since but it was around a totally different time of day.

I've had incidents where personal photos became corrupted at least a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:13 pm 

So, the thing is NOT to use this buggy shit (at least for now) . Yes, this windows will be cleaned from the most bad bugs , but don`t use it now to complicate Hans and the development..

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 Next