All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.72
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm 

Quote:
Please let me know if this version is ok! 32 bit only - I suppose that's ok for Foobar?

http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 73-001.dll

CHANGES:
- MAC GUI version can crash on startup
- VST window to small in some VST hosts
- Clicks in Foobar2000 with VST version with SOX resampler in front of it, depending on resampling settings

TODO:
- 50us/75us icons in GUI displayed disabled when on, not at all when off.
- NAN when changing ND frequencies: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6149&start=18
- Re-check Stokkemask for non-composite output
- BS412 GUI bug
The 2048 samples distortion problem it's still here while the clicks/drops one maybe it's not a real problem.

It seem related to Dequantizer, when it's disabled (like in version 7.60 where it wasn't yet implemented) no clicks/drops.

When enabled (with any value that have impact on CPU raised) clicks/drops reappear.

Even with default values some rare click/drop can be heard but the beta seem to be an improvement in this regard.

I confirm the VST window problem is solved.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:49 pm 

And why Hans make changes when you found (may be) the reason ? Now he may produce other bugs .
Only saying ..

And Hans, don`t forget that i reported a spike bug. See my back posts for this. I only reminding to add it to the "to do".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

2048 distortion problem is solved now as well. I don't know how I ever missed that one!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:23 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
And Hans, don`t forget that i reported a spike bug. See my back posts for this. I only reminding to add it to the "to do".
Just looked into it; I fixed it for the FM output but not yet for the 'Separate FM output' that you can select to go to Normal Out. I don't know where that's coming from and I will leave it for now (I doubt anyone uses it in the first place; streaming out is ok).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:05 am 

I have to say the beta is a great improvement. Clicks are gone.

My only other thing I had which is minor in my case that my monitor is at 1366 x 768 (native) so the very bottom of the window is cut off a little. It varies from vst host to host, some let you adjust it, others don't. Stereo Tool's settings for this don't always work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:12 am 

I think in VST it can be added some "drop down menu" with some resolutions(sizes) . Let`s say from 800x600 to 1920x1080 . And yes, not only 16:9 but all major 4:3 resolutions. Am i right or this is not possible?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Just looked into it; I fixed it for the FM output but not yet for the 'Separate FM output' that you can select to go to Normal Out. I don't know where that's coming from and I will leave it for now (I doubt anyone uses it in the first place; streaming out is ok).
I see this same spike in Normal output stream options even with main Bandpass enabled (Low pass in Fm panel disabled). I hope you fixed this also (you can leave the non-stream options again). The most important signal selections are " Deemphasised version of Fm", "Separate process streaming" and "Input without processing"(if occured). Looks like the problem is with sound/frequency filters , mainly lowpass.

I think "Separate Fm output" in signal selection is the last signal type that i will use (or may be someone will use). It`s enough that other stream options are OK without this dirty little spike :) I think it came when you add the "Ignore freqs" option . Little conflicts :D that you successfuly handle for now.
Will test the new beta when it`s ready and report .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:15 am 
Site Admin

BETA773-002:

Stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 73-002.exe
DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 73-002.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 73-002.dll

CHANGES:
- Bug fix: MAC GUI version can crash on startup
- Bug fix: VST window to small in some VST hosts
- Bug fix: Clicks in Foobar2000 with VST version with SOX resampler in front of it, depending on resampling settings
- Bug fix: GUI: 50us/75us icons in GUI displayed disabled when on, not at all when off.
- Bug fix: 2048 latency Dequantizer distortion in multicore mode
- Bug fix: GUI: BS412 refresh bug
- Bug fix: Spike in signal with Ignore high frequencies - might just be too close - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6149&start=26 - Separate output can still have this spike, never mind for now...
- Re-check Stokkemask for non-composite output - made it available again in Expert mode.

TODO:
- Other spikes in the signal?
- NAN when changing ND frequencies: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6149&start=18 -> Unable to reproduce...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:42 am 

Hi

Selecting recent files in linux gui version don't work properly, ignore highs not loading and stays same, maybe some others too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 am 

OK, here is the report :

1. Preemphasis icons issue - Fixed , but when disabled preemphasis , still no any icon ( must be the XXXXXXX-disabled.png icons)
2. Spike issue - When using bandpass + Ignore freqs - spike is only in Normal output, FM output is Great.
But with Fm panel lowpass (bandpass OFF) , spike is in both FM and Normal Output :(

The most important thing is Bandpass +ignore freqs , FM output is OK !

When test for spike and trying to fix it , please make the slider of "Ignore" to 16000 (lowest) to see if spike is there or not.

3. BS412 GUI refresh bug - fully fixed !

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next