All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.72
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:39 am 

For the NAN error , Hans try to move all the frequency sliders of ND in random order. Move them fastly left/right

For the icons of Pre-emphasis , here is my suggestion of icons set for this one. They are red in ON condition , when OFF - they are grey

Attachments:
icons preemphasis.rar [836 Bytes]
Downloaded 321 times

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Lol, so now I found yet another cause for those spikes. I must have solved at least 6 or 7 different bugs by now that were all causing the same behavior.

It looks like they are really gone now (as long as you're using some kind of bandpass filter somewhere). Separate FM output is good now too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Preemphasis icons issue - Fixed , but when disabled preemphasis , still no any icon ( must be the XXXXXXX-disabled.png icons)
That's intentional. The options are:
- Not visible: OFF.
- Grayed out: Pre-emphasis is used but output is de-emphasized.
- White: Pre-emphasis is used and output is pre-emphasized.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Selecting recent files in linux gui version don't work properly, ignore highs not loading and stays same, maybe some others too.
Ignore highs is part of the Quality settings which aren't loaded if you use the recent presets list. The same is true (and has always been) for the Quality slider etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 am 

Quote:
Lol, so now I found yet another cause for those spikes. I must have solved at least 6 or 7 different bugs by now that were all causing the same behavior.

It looks like they are really gone now (as long as you're using some kind of bandpass filter somewhere). Separate FM output is good now too.

I `m afraid i don`t understand this one "(as long as you're using some kind of bandpass filter somewhere)".
I`m only test it ones with normal Bandpass filter . And then i switch to Lowpass (under the Enabled checkbox in the FM Transmitter panel), while the Bandpass is turned OFF . Because in previous versions you fix this spike but only in certain conditions - for Fm output and using Bandpass + Ignore freqs . I found that it interfere with lowpass filters, so i decide to test all the variants - with bandpass, with lowpass, look at FM output, at Normal output , change signal selection and so on .

Will see next beta to test all kind of variants and report.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:03 pm 

It seems to me, the PNR Noise & Hum filter is still not available in the VST dll?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

BETA773-003:

Stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 73-003.exe
DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 73-003.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 73-003.dll

CHANGES:
- Bug fix: More spikes in the signal

OLD CHANGES:
- Bug fix: MAC GUI version can crash on startup
- Bug fix: VST window to small in some VST hosts
- Bug fix: Clicks in Foobar2000 with VST version with SOX resampler in front of it, depending on resampling settings
- Bug fix: GUI: 50us/75us icons in GUI displayed disabled when on, not at all when off.
- Bug fix: 2048 latency Dequantizer distortion in multicore mode
- Bug fix: GUI: BS412 refresh bug
- Bug fix: Spike in signal with Ignore high frequencies - might just be too close - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6149&start=26 - Separate output can still have this spike, never mind for now...
- Re-check Stokkemask for non-composite output - made it available again in Expert mode.

TODO (later):
- NAN when changing ND frequencies: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6149&start=18 -> Unable to reproduce...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It seems to me, the PNR Noise & Hum filter is still not available in the VST dll?
No :(

I thought I had fixed it, but apparently it doesn't work (the data IS written but not read :( ).

Will have to be the next version... (since this one is already ready to be released).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:05 pm 

Spikes are gone ! All of them , i cannot see them anymore :)

But Bandpass steep looks little different now , i don`t know if you make some change there - there is somethng like step(down) . Showed on picture . Is this the right steep line of the Bandpass (high side) ? Looks not bad but i`m just asking. Red line shows the overall line of steep :) To see this , just zoom a little this area. You will not be able to see it with "all MPX displayed"

Attachments:
steep.JPG
steep.JPG [ 16.39 KiB | Viewed 8034 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

That 100 Hz wide thingy in the LPF helps to increase the output level of the clipper by about 0.02 dB. So it's on purpose.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next