All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.71
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 am 

Still trying to understand whether I am doing something wrong. I reported a bug in MUX channel delay on the last beta before release. I can't find it in official 7.71, have tested both 32 and 64 bit in extreme tweaker, so I thought it was suspended due to the bug. Then, I see it in the updated feature list. uninstalled and reinstalled both, still no go.
What is the story?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Still trying to understand whether I am doing something wrong. I reported a bug in MUX channel delay on the last beta before release. I can't find it in official 7.71, have tested both 32 and 64 bit in extreme tweaker, so I thought it was suspended due to the bug. Then, I see it in the updated feature list. uninstalled and reinstalled both, still no go.
What is the story?
I just checked to make sure and it's there. Are you sure you're in Extreme Tweaker mode (it asks if you want to go to Expert)?

It should be in the FM output sound card panel, below the 'normal' (old) FM synchronization settings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 pm 

Bug found : When ST Is in AM mode the fft craps out.

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Try renaming the DLL.call stereo tool 2 or something. Delete the old stereo tool.
I am on Mac, there is no .DLL the plugin is a single .vst file. I tried renaming the .vst file but it also didn't showed up in the VST Plug-in list.
Cause found, I will upload a fix asap (this weekend).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm 

Sample-accurate delay in SFN MUX has the potential to work some miracles!

Initial testing was performed today, muffled sound just changed to clear baseband by adding appropriate delay of 34 samples, exactly as initially calculated, with some audible chirping due to idle carrier frequency mismatch by almost 700 Hz. GPS-locking the PLL Exciter's frequency using 10 MHZ GPS reference sources could do the trick. Heck, even aligning crystals properly could enchance the results. I'm on to it! This summer is rather hot - I am sitting in a seaside cafe right now, (temp is 36 deg c). in the center of the affected overlap area and adjusting modulation levels (FM capturing helps!) down to 0,1 dB, when I gain access to the actual transmitters this margin could decrease twofold.

I went to radio station's owner with a mood like "Daddy, Daddy, I want this software, can I have it pleeeeeease???? (he's no dad of mine but we are quite playful when happy!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:36 pm 

- Clipper: Improved audio issues reported by Leif Cleasson and Wolf Stahl (certain rare sounds were muffled).
- Clipper: Added 'Sparkling Highs' for brighter more open sound, and less ducking on loud tones.
Finally this was picked up. Awesome!

- Huge (upto 45%) total CPU load reduction, improved clipper audio quality.
Respect!

Really good job.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Sample-accurate delay in SFN MUX has the potential to work some miracles!

Initial testing was performed today, muffled sound just changed to clear baseband by adding appropriate delay of 34 samples, exactly as initially calculated, with some audible chirping due to idle carrier frequency mismatch by almost 700 Hz. GPS-locking the PLL Exciter's frequency using 10 MHZ GPS reference sources could do the trick. Heck, even aligning crystals properly could enchance the results. I'm on to it! This summer is rather hot - I am sitting in a seaside cafe right now, (temp is 36 deg c). in the center of the affected overlap area and adjusting modulation levels (FM capturing helps!) down to 0,1 dB, when I gain access to the actual transmitters this margin could decrease twofold.

I went to radio station's owner with a mood like "Daddy, Daddy, I want this software, can I have it pleeeeeease???? (he's no dad of mine but we are quite playful when happy!)
Cool, I'll move it from Extreme Tweaker back to Expert mode!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

New beta with a lot of bug fixes: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6147&p=30131#p30131

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:07 pm 

Video of the MUX delay per sample enable testing (captured inside a pitch black car (thus HOT!), external temp 37 deg. c, in broad daylight, using a potato that has awful audio). Worth the sweat. I even reversed the channnels in an effort to emulate the worst case of interference, treble went bye-bye when I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oL4REIGb4A

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Video of the MUX delay per sample enable testing (captured inside a pitch black car (thus HOT!), external temp 37 deg. c, in broad daylight, using a potato that has awful audio). Worth the sweat. I even reversed the channnels in an effort to emulate the worst case of interference, treble went bye-bye when I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oL4REIGb4A
Wow! I did not expect this big an effect at all. Ok, I'll add the inverse signal tonight.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next