All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Stereo Tool 7.71
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Version 7.71 is released!

Huge CPU load reduction, improved clipper audio quality.
  • CPU: Added 'Ignore high frequencies above', gives 10-20% global CPU load reduction.
  • CPU: Greatly reduced overhead (CPU load when not doing any processing).
  • CPU: Clipper: ABDP: Reduced default number of Bass Clipper steps from 4 to 1.
  • CPU: clipper: Optimize Highs Gap Protection (Omnia.9 trick from Leif Claesson - from 16 to 3 stages).
  • CPU: Clipper: Highs gap protection: Use 1 stage for non-FM.
  • CPU: Composite Clipper: Implemented Leif Claesson's more efficient mirrorring method.
  • CPU: Composite Clipper: Optimized steps using Omnia interface, much fewer steps for same result.
  • CPU: Composite clipper: Stokkemask: Skipping outer parts of window, upto 25% CPU load reduction.
  • CPU: Composite clipper: Stokkemask: Made a single compliant and much more efficient quality mode.
  • CPU: Composite Clipper: Stokkemask: Optimized FM exciter code.
  • CPU: Composite Clipper: Don't oversample when not needed. Big CPU load reduction. Idea from Leif Cleasson.
  • CPU: Added some #pragma's to make compiler generate more efficient code
  • Memory: 85 MB reduction, a.o. by dynamically allocating waveform display memory.
  • Clipper: Improved audio issues reported by Leif Cleasson and Wolf Stahl (certain rare sounds were muffled).
  • Clipper: Added 'Sparkling Highs' for brighter more open sound, and less ducking on loud tones.
  • Clipper: Added lowpass filter after clipper in non-composite mode.
  • Clipper: Made several changes that make it sound more open en brighter.
  • Single Frequency Networks: Add delay for one MPX output to synchronize audio between 2 transmitters.
  • Removed Stokkemask mode for non-composite FM clipper (didn't work too well anyway).
  • RDS: Added some character conversions (€ -> E, ` -> ', ...).
  • GUI: Improved CPU load measurement (more code covered, values are now average instead of mean based).
  • GUI: Add Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn buttons to About box.
  • GUI: Changed tone generation FM enable/disable and order.
  • GUI: Made VST window bigger.
  • GUI: Bug fix: Declipper display was broken in 7.70 for input sample rates > 48 kHz, view size > 100 ms.
  • GUI: Added option to add a text in the title bar to easily recognize multiple instances.
  • GUI: Allow drawing scopes in half-height to have more headroom above and below.
  • Bug fix: Low Latency Monitoring output PNR caused internal crashes.
  • Bug fix: SCA generation was broken in the last versions.
  • Bug fix: Mac VST version didn't load in 7.70.
  • Bug fix: Turning Bandpass Highpass filter off didn't really turn it off.
  • Bug fix: Exception 'Got unknown widget ID' in HttpServer fixed.
  • Bug fix: Composite Clipper FM overhead level was calculated incorrectly (audio is now upto 0.05 dB louder).
  • Re-checked and fixed all messages from Valgrind on Linux.
  • Code: Redesigned parameter classes and moved everything around for integration with other products.
  • Code: No longer allocating variables statically because it no longer seems to have any performance benefits.
  • Changed default preset to Analog Pleasure (soft) without paid features.
  • Added and updated presets.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.71
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:13 am 

Any chance of getting a non-installer version of the plugin version of Stereo Tool? On some systems I don't have the admin rights so I cannot update to a new version because the installer asks "to make changes to the computer", which then asks for admin rights.

Like if you would just post the DSP .dll file so we could also manually install the plugin?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:33 am 

Stereo Tool DSP (dll)
Attachment:
dsp_stereo_tool_v7.71.rar [3.93 MiB]
Downloaded 369 times

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:37 am 

Quote:
Stereo Tool DSP (dll)
Attachment:
dsp_stereo_tool_v7.71.rar
Thank you! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 am 

If we follow the logic input sample rate x 4 = output sample rate , we have 32 Khz x4 = 128 Khz output . That must still work .
But if i set the input SR to 32 Khz , FM output buffer starts to empty and in about 3-4 minutes it`s fully empty.
The most interesting thing is : I monitor the output with virtual cable and see clearly that it HAS RDS , but NO RDS on air ! Looks like something is broken in this sample rate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
If we follow the logic input sample rate x 4 = output sample rate , we have 32 Khz x4 = 128 Khz output . That must still work .
But if i set the input SR to 32 Khz , FM output buffer starts to empty and in about 3-4 minutes it`s fully empty.
The most interesting thing is : I monitor the output with virtual cable and see clearly that it HAS RDS , but NO RDS on air ! Looks like something is broken in this sample rate.
Probably a sound card problem - it might not support 128 kHz. This is one of the things that will be part of the whole sound card redesign that is planned to be done at some point...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm 

The VST Version looks very terrible. I cannot change anything :-(

Attachments:
VST.jpg
VST.jpg [ 203.8 KiB | Viewed 10227 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The VST Version looks very terrible. I cannot change anything :-(
Uhm, you cannot change *anything* - so it's completely stuck? Or do you mean the size?

Did you replace an older version? Because the window should be big enough to show everything...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:20 pm 

no i don't update an existing version. i found it out what's going wrong. in the configuration tab i have to set the option "Full Screen", then the windows looks ok. but after the start i always have to click in the window, because then it recognices that i am using the full screen mode.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 pm 

hi

i see RDS is capable for
>

now

how can i use this new feature?
Because like in radio text

RADIO NAME -> TITLE

it is no ok
on RDS i can see (RDS Text)
RADIO NAME - TITLE

And Very good sound in 7.71 ! Thanks a lot

Thanks

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next