All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Oops - links fixed. (_cmd was missing)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:57 pm 

Quote:
Streaming, FM?
Streaming

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Programs that display the version string of the DSP DLL externally, still report it as 7.60, not 7.70. Seems like a version string somewhere is yet to be updated.
How "externally"? Winamp shows 7.70 in its interface... Some programs might not update without a rescan?
You're right, of course. Spacial's SAMcast just needed a refresh. It's all fine now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:51 pm 

Hans, thank you again for all your work. ST is in test mode and is growing on me daily. When I can find a suitable sound card (Juli@ on back order here in the States), I intend to register immediately. (We just launched our LPFM church radio station so cash is a bit tight at the moment)

Jesse, maybe you can let us peek and tell us the difference betweens "Lakes," "North" and "South," or if you've done so elsewhere, just point to the link... They all sound great, though I'm partial to Lakes for spoken word handling.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Streaming, FM?
Streaming
Is it ok now? (release candidate) It sounds good to me here...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:05 pm 

Is there a special reason for the limited range of the threshold Parameter of the post-AGC compressor (analog mode)?
Ist lowest value is -3.02dB...
Thr reason:
The behavior of the new compressor is good to do AGC work as well. So if the threshold range would be wider (or there would be a Drive- control) it would be possible to use this compressor as (main-)AGC...

It shouldn't be a Problem to extend the down range...

Thanks,
Regards,
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:55 pm 

Quote:
Jesse, maybe you can let us peek and tell us the difference betweens "Lakes," "North" and "South," or if you've done so elsewhere, just point to the link... They all sound great, though I'm partial to Lakes for spoken word handling.
the preset's topic is here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6048

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:12 am 

I'm sorry for not reporting this sooner, but I just today discovered an error in the display when I try to run the Winamp DSP and an error when I was previewing the audio and tried to switch on the first AGC.

What information would you like from me to help you troubleshoot these two issues?

Attachments:
File comment: ...Or if it is playing and I try to change the number of bands in the AGC, it gives this error.
vst-b.gif
vst-b.gif [ 105.88 KiB | Viewed 7670 times ]
File comment: The VST plug-in either maxes out in the meters but gives no sound like a feedback loop when I try to demo the effect...
vst-a.gif
vst-a.gif [ 100.92 KiB | Viewed 7670 times ]
File comment: Wnamp DSP gives no GUI
winamp.gif
winamp.gif [ 101.18 KiB | Viewed 7670 times ]

Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:31 am 

Hans, when you introduced the new analog compressor you said it was peak-based only. Later you added RMS and peak-mode, though as far as I understand, the original mode is now named RMS and peak-mode is a modification thereof. Could you please elaborate a bit on this matter, also what does RMS block size mean in this context? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm sorry for not reporting this sooner, but I just today discovered an error in the display when I try to run the Winamp DSP and an error when I was previewing the audio and tried to switch on the first AGC.

What information would you like from me to help you troubleshoot these two issues?
Please tell me *exactly* what you did to get this behavior, since I don't see it here (tried changing the # bands dozens of times and nothing went wrong). You might need to send me your preset.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48 Next