All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:46 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Streaming, FM?
Streaming
Is it ok now? (release candidate) It sounds good to me here...

...it's still not as clean and also more agressiv.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:26 am 

Regarding my DSP and VST issues and what I was doing:

DSP: I ran the Winamp installer, and when it asked if I wanted to launch with the DSP active, I did. I tried shutting down and restarting Winamp, and it changed nothing. I tried switching off of Stereo Tool and on to another DSP and then back to Stereo Tool, and it still wouldn't come up. I also tried rebooting the computer, but it did the same thing when I rebooted. I can hear it processing files, but see nothing.

VST: I launched Adobe Audition, loaded an audio file, then launched Stereo Tool from the VST menu. I set the options to Extreme Tweaker. I then switched to the tab to turn on AGC and put a checkmark, then switched to the tab with the bands and clicked on the bar to raise the # of bands. I tried this after rebooting, too, and it did the same thing. The audio becomes thin, losing the bass but continues to play. It will also do this if an audio file is not playing and I try to change the # of bands. The error message cannot be gotten rid of by clicking OK; you have to close the entire plugin to get it to go away.

I'm not aware of any of the betas doing this, certainly I haven't had any problems in Winamp.

How else can I help you diagnose this?

EDIT: Would the new beta have loaded an old preset I might have had in there? It seemed to have the default settings (from what I could hear).

Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Regarding my DSP and VST issues and what I was doing:

DSP: I ran the Winamp installer, and when it asked if I wanted to launch with the DSP active, I did. I tried shutting down and restarting Winamp, and it changed nothing. I tried switching off of Stereo Tool and on to another DSP and then back to Stereo Tool, and it still wouldn't come up. I also tried rebooting the computer, but it did the same thing when I rebooted. I can hear it processing files, but see nothing.

VST: I launched Adobe Audition, loaded an audio file, then launched Stereo Tool from the VST menu. I set the options to Extreme Tweaker. I then switched to the tab to turn on AGC and put a checkmark, then switched to the tab with the bands and clicked on the bar to raise the # of bands. I tried this after rebooting, too, and it did the same thing. The audio becomes thin, losing the bass but continues to play. It will also do this if an audio file is not playing and I try to change the # of bands. The error message cannot be gotten rid of by clicking OK; you have to close the entire plugin to get it to go away.

I'm not aware of any of the betas doing this, certainly I haven't had any problems in Winamp.

How else can I help you diagnose this?

EDIT: Would the new beta have loaded an old preset I might have had in there? It seemed to have the default settings (from what I could hear).
For the DSP, can you send me your .ini file? It's in C:\Users\<username>\dsp_stereo_tool.ini (assuming you're not running WinXP, then "User" would be "Documents and Settings").

I will try to reproduce the VST issue later... (Please remind me if I forget)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:15 am 

I've got a question? In this beta how do you turn on SCA 1. I've got vcable and asio 4 all. But I can't seem to get simian (which is showing volume on the vcable) to output to the SCA1. I can get it to output to SCA2 on 92k, but then I don't see it go out over the air (due to the soundcard not hitting high enough)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 am 

*****SOLVED!!!*****

I deleted the .ini files related to Stereo Tool in my "Users/Gene" folder, and reloaded Winamp.

The GUI has returned!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
*****SOLVED!!!*****

I deleted the .ini files related to Stereo Tool in my "Users/Gene" folder, and reloaded Winamp.

The GUI has returned!!!
Hm, unfortunately the DSP .ini file isn't in the set of .ini files that you mailed me, so I can't look into it. If anyone else has this issue *please* mail me your .ini file (and then just remove it).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 48