All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
And when you load the 2-band structure in the 8200 you can directly see the left and right HF gain reduction in the display.
What about the 5 band mode ? Pretty sure I havent seen any separate L/R limiting there, it is just not present in the display or not present at all ? If the latter, I would imagine they were trying to save cpu cycles for other things because 10 years later, in the 8400, they included uncoupled L/R compression/limiting everywhere.
Indeed I don't know how it is in the 8200's 5-band structure. But I will check that! Should not be a problem, will take a tone (different frequencies) at both channels that has some short and some longer spikes on one channel. Then look at the other channel's level at the output and it should be clear. A bit tricky but possible to check...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

BETA025:
This would be a release candidate, but I am still waiting for one preset and I have to update some translation files.
I might also remove some built-in presets (feedback on which should be removed is welcome!)

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 52-025.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 52-025.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 52-025.dll
Winamp DSP Declipper 2.10: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 52-025.exe -> CRASHES. So I need to look into this one a bit more...

CHANGES:
- ABDP: Put Sloppy / Reduce voice vibrations together?
- Show a warning to turn Smooth Slope on?
- Phase Delay range is 50 ms instead of 60 at 48 kHz. Must be a bug in the sample rate compensation. Or the sample rate is never set.
- Check Smooth Slope setting for all built-in presets
- Choose one or two of the band linking methods -> I think I should keep method 1 or 2, and 4. And make a checkbox (non-linear behavior) instead of a slider to turn mode 4 on. -> Kept method "2" and "4" (non-linear mode)
- Add and update presets
- Change version number to 7.60 (since there's a new filter added).
- Make 2 lowpass freqs both visible
- Test FIR / Optimized audio in stand alone version -> No difference found. - Forget about it unless others report it as well
- Fixed: Clipper crashes in multicore mode if there are more than 2 audio channels.

TODO:
- Fix declipper plugin (crashes)
- Update Russian translation file
- Word 'CRASH' in Configuration panel shown as 'ating mode' (part of 'Operating mode') if the window is small
- Make Phase Equalizer visible in bottom bar
- PEQ draw start
- Preset BS412 levels
- Generic preset levels
- Multiband compressor: Fix distortion in limiters when using band coupling or linking
- Final check and wait for some final presets. And maybe remove some!

LATER:
- ProppFrexx: Add function to overrule RDS settings in VST version.
- Add interface for media group I talked to at IBC for 50 FM and 50 web stations.
- Web interface: Fix HEX and DEC input
- Check Multiband settings Bojcha in Skype - ok, seen it, but what should I do with it?
- Check Multiband meters when using band coupling. Something is weird.
- Multiband: Add more band links
- Split limiters from coupling.
- Add External Pulse Response option

PREVIOUS:
- GUI: Improved layout for very high resolutions (2560x1920), bars are now 1/3rd of the bottom area, waveforms 2/3rds.
- GUI: Made CPU affinity more user friendly (pulldown and masks as backup)
- GUI: Split filters in Restoration / Processing.
- GUI: Display FM lowpass frequency at bottom when FM output is used.
- GUI: Made Configuration, Repair and Processing settings saveable separately.
- GUI: Strange jumps in waveform displays at 100 and 200 ms buffer size fixed.
- GUI: Added password protected mode.
- GUI: Made top section smaller in password protected mode
- GUI: Reorganized Advanced Clipper ABDP panel.
- GUI: Moved Phase Rotation and Phase Delay to correct place in menu and bottom bar.
- Web Interface: Added support for buttons.
- Web interface: Fixed Strings input
- Performance: Optimized band coupling in MB compressor; ignoring bands with coupling < 0.5%.
- Performance: Optimized Phase Equalizer. Replaced Convolution by complex Fourier transform multiplication.
- Bug fix: GUI: Fix crash when clicking on volume bars.
- Bug fix: Potential GUI crash at certain display sizes fixed.
- Bug fix: Web Interface - Some pull-down menu settings don't match with main GUI.
- Bug fix: On program close, the parameters were removed before the HTTP server was switched off. This might cause an exception if the HTTP server is processing a request.
- Added PNR Noise & Hum filter that removes constant tones and reduces noise.
- Phase Equalizer: Added settings to control the increase in latency.
- Phase Equalizer: Solved multiple bugs that caused it to behave badly.
- Phase Equalizer: Increased range from 10 ms to 60 ms for more control.
- ABDP: Added new "Sloppy" slider. Effect: Slightly louder, 0.5 dB more highs! And probably less pumping due to highs. (*)
- Multiband compressor: Added Band Coupling matrix which overrules the standard band coupling settings. Only available in Extreme Tweaker mode.
- Multiband compressor: Added "Pull down only" checkbox in Multiband compressor (band coupling) for more consistency.
- Multiband compressor: Added band linking (different from already existing band coupling).
- Advanced Clipper: Advanced Bass Distortion Protection (ABDP): Drop in output when strongly clipping around 2600-4000 Hz is reduced.
- Advanced Clipper: ABDP: "Smooth Slide" slider added to make transition between deep bass (clipped) and less deep bass smoother. There used to be a drop upto the 2nd configured bass frequency, with this switch enabled the drop is smoothed (maximum at 1st configured bass freq, gone at 2nd). Result: Warmer, more open, less 'restrained' sound. But probably also a bit more intermodulation distortion. (which might be fixable by changing the frequencies in the preset a bit). (*)
- Advanced Clipper: ABDP: Added extra step that detects intermodulation distortion from bass in voices and reduces it.
- Advanced Clipper: Highs Gap Protection caused a jump in the spectrum between 3.5-3.8 kHz for loud highs. This is now smoothed over a bigger area (2400-4800 Hz).
- Advanced Clipper: Highs Gap Protection: Now stricter than before. Slightly more IMD distortion in the highs but also better protection against volume drops caused by loud highs.
- Re-recorded 'This sound is processed by Stereo Tool' sample which gets played when unregistered features are used.
- Added, updated and removed presets, among others added a microphone processing preset.
- Multiband - NAN Output while adjusting the band frequencies (probably something that's not new, ignoring for now...)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:10 pm 

Happy new release and Happy new year !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:20 pm 

Couple of feature suggestions that wont affect the audio but I think they would be beneficial while working with the program.

1. Undo/Redo feature
Sometimes you wanna hear how a specific setting sounds like with different values and while thats pretty easy to do with on/off settings, its not that easy with sliders. A Ctrl-Z/Ctrl-Y fuction (doesnt even have to be in the actual gui like a button) I think would really help.
2. Gate indicator for the multiband and the wideband compressors.
It can be like
G
A
T
E
or the simple letter G inside the bands.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:22 pm 

Quote:
<snip>
It can be like
G
A
T
E
I agree wholeheartedly. That would be very useful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:40 pm 

I have a problem with the normal output that I use for streaming. If I use any option other than "de-enphasized version of fm output" the percentage of time in processing increases by about 10%, from 50% to 60% and the system becomes unstable because of other programs running. The use of "de-enphasized version of fm output" is not a problem but the output level is a little low so if you could get to 130% (or with an amplification of 30%) would be very welcome. Thank You.

System in use:
motherboard asrock B85 PRO4 with Realtek ALC892
cpu intel pentium dual core G3240
8Gb ram
ESI Juli @ sound card.

software:
driver ESI Juli @ 1.18 (setting on 256 samples)
Stereotool 7.52_025
setting in use: Bojcha King's fire 2 FM with equalizer off
MBrecaster freeversion
automation software
24h recording software

Input from external line for live broadcasts on "line-in" of realtek ALC892 managed by automation software (from the mixer director)
Output of the automation software on the speakers of Realtek ALC892 (direct to the mixer director)
Input for processing stereotool channel 1 & 2 of Juli@
Output for FM Broadcast: Juli@ channel 1 (ASIO buffer with 7 ms)
Output for Streaming on Juli@ channel 3 & 4 (ASIO buffer with 200 ms)
Input MBrecaster (streaming): Juli@ channel 3 & 4
input recorder 24h: Juli@ channel 3 & 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:45 am 

Quote:
Quote:
<snip>
It can be like
G
A
T
E
I agree wholeheartedly. That would be very useful.

Me too. I would like to see a gate indicator. One way to do it would be to show smth like a red bar on the bottom of the meter of each band

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:44 pm 

So, anyone have some preset with all this coupling? I want to try it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm 

The new Keene 7 band medium has it in 7.60, whenever it gets released. It's only band 2>1, though. It altered the texture too much from what that preset has historically offered to do any more coupling than that. I'll probably produce some other presets that couple a bit more under different names at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

BETA026:
This would be a release candidate, but I am still waiting for 3 presets.
I might also remove some built-in presets (feedback on which should be removed is welcome!)

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 52-026.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 52-026.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 52-026.dll
Winamp DSP Declipper 2.10: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 52-026.exe

CHANGES:
- Multiband compressor: Fixed distortion in limiters when using band coupling or linking
- Fix declipper plugin (crashes)
- Update Russian translation file
- Word 'CRASH' in Configuration panel shown as 'ating mode' (part of 'Operating mode') if the window is small
- Make Phase Equalizer visible in bottom bar
- PEQ draw start
- Preset BS412 levels
- Generic preset levels

TODO:
- Check if I should add preset Sjoerd
- Fixed an exception that was occurring more and more frequently when loading presets.
- Check if I should add preset Sjoerd
- Add interface for media group I talked to at IBC for 50 FM and 50 web stations.
- Figure out how to control registration for this media group version -> pass key in constructor.
- Check if Wiele's new preset is available.
- ProppFrexx: Add function to overrule RDS settings in VST version. Done, not tested.
- Update GAP's KnockOut preset
- Wait for some final presets from Bojcha - are now final.
- Disable usage of Generic plugin without any registration.

LATER:
- Save PNR data in VST plugin!!!
- Web interface: Fix HEX and DEC input
- Check Multiband settings Bojcha in Skype - ok, seen it, but what should I do with it?
- Check Multiband meters when using band coupling. Something is weird.
- Multiband: Add more band links
- Split limiters from coupling.
- Add External Pulse Response option

PREVIOUS:
- GUI: Improved layout for very high resolutions (2560x1920), bars are now 1/3rd of the bottom area, waveforms 2/3rds.
- GUI: Made CPU affinity more user friendly (pulldown and masks as backup)
- GUI: Split filters in Restoration / Processing.
- GUI: Display FM lowpass frequency at bottom when FM output is used.
- GUI: Made Configuration, Repair and Processing settings saveable separately.
- GUI: Strange jumps in waveform displays at 100 and 200 ms buffer size fixed.
- GUI: Added password protected mode.
- GUI: Made top section smaller in password protected mode
- GUI: Reorganized Advanced Clipper ABDP panel.
- GUI: Moved Phase Rotation and Phase Delay to correct place in menu and bottom bar.
- GUI: Made 2 lowpass freqs both visible
- Web Interface: Added support for buttons.
- Web interface: Fixed Strings input
- Performance: Optimized band coupling in MB compressor; ignoring bands with coupling < 0.5%.
- Performance: Optimized Phase Equalizer. Replaced Convolution by complex Fourier transform multiplication.
- Bug fix: GUI: Fix crash when clicking on volume bars.
- Bug fix: Potential GUI crash at certain display sizes fixed.
- Bug fix: Web Interface - Some pull-down menu settings don't match with main GUI.
- Bug fix: On program close, the parameters were removed before the HTTP server was switched off. This might cause an exception if the HTTP server is processing a request.
- Bug Fix: Clipper crashed in multicore mode if there are more than 2 audio channels.
- Added PNR Noise & Hum filter that removes constant tones and reduces noise.
- Phase Equalizer: Added settings to control the increase in latency.
- Phase Equalizer: Solved multiple bugs that caused it to behave badly.
- Phase Equalizer: Increased range from 10 ms to 60 ms for more control.
- ABDP: Added new "Sloppy" slider. Effect: Slightly louder, 0.5 dB more highs! And probably less pumping due to highs. (*)
- Multiband compressor: Added Band Coupling matrix which overrules the standard band coupling settings. Only available in Extreme Tweaker mode.
- Multiband compressor: Added "Pull down only" checkbox in Multiband compressor (band coupling) for more consistency.
- Multiband compressor: Added band linking (different from already existing band coupling).
- Advanced Clipper: Advanced Bass Distortion Protection (ABDP): Drop in output when strongly clipping around 2600-4000 Hz is reduced.
- Advanced Clipper: ABDP: "Smooth Slide" slider added to make transition between deep bass (clipped) and less deep bass smoother. There used to be a drop upto the 2nd configured bass frequency, with this switch enabled the drop is smoothed (maximum at 1st configured bass freq, gone at 2nd). Result: Warmer, more open, less 'restrained' sound. But probably also a bit more intermodulation distortion. (which might be fixable by changing the frequencies in the preset a bit). (*)
- Advanced Clipper: ABDP: Added extra step that detects intermodulation distortion from bass in voices and reduces it.
- Advanced Clipper: Highs Gap Protection caused a jump in the spectrum between 3.5-3.8 kHz for loud highs. This is now smoothed over a bigger area (2400-4800 Hz).
- Advanced Clipper: Highs Gap Protection: Now stricter than before. Slightly more IMD distortion in the highs but also better protection against volume drops caused by loud highs.
- Re-recorded 'This sound is processed by Stereo Tool' sample which gets played when unregistered features are used.
- Added, updated and removed presets, among others added a microphone processing preset.
- Multiband - NAN Output while adjusting the band frequencies (probably something that's not new, ignoring for now...)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 Next