All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3133 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:34 pm 

I seemed to have found an issue with this beta. If you play any media with more than 2 channels, Stereo Tool can no longer play any media correctly (including other stereo tracks) until I restart Winamp. Either audio is missing or heavily distorted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Haven't upgraded lately but did try this latest Beta. The low pass filter slider is adjustable but it makes no audible difference and the main screen shows that it stays at 15500 . The high pass reading does track on the main screen and audibly.
There is an extra Lowpass enabled in the Transmitter section. Turn it OFF. And May be Hans must make it OFF by default because this is the second person asking/reporting for this.
You shouldn't turn it off but use it instead of the other one... This allows using different settings for FM and streaming output.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I seemed to have found an issue with this beta. If you play any media with more than 2 channels, Stereo Tool can no longer play any media correctly (including other stereo tracks) until I restart Winamp. Either audio is missing or heavily distorted.
Will check!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Slow fir top, optimized bottom. They look and sound very much alike (given the pretty loud hiss level and 50 Hz hum I wonder what's happening?? Some bad analog cable?).
Attachment:
tick.png
Well the 50Hz could be there, and other little distortion because of HF.. Normally I don't record.

But when I look at the pictures of the waveform I actually see (small) differences.

But it could be that my mind is messing with what I hear versus what it.actually does (sees)
True, but in all the tests that I did here (including those with your preset) the difference is only a rounding error (the last bit of the sample value). Your first samples were very different but I haven't seen anything like that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thank you very much Hans for fixing these "bugs"

- Make top section smaller in password protected mode
- Web Interface: Add support for buttons. (When in password protected mode there is no way of logging in. Buttons aren't supported in the web interface!)

But smaller top section now moves the meter on top of the waveform viewer and makes the very short and very wide. If is not a pita I would prefer stretching the (so they are more detailed) and not totally change the gui .

Thank you very much Hans
Can you make a screen shot? It looks fine here. Only the top area looks very crowded if it opens in the wrong panel, I've fixed that today.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haven't upgraded lately but did try this latest Beta. The low pass filter slider is adjustable but it makes no audible difference and the main screen shows that it stays at 15500 . The high pass reading does track on the main screen and audibly.
There is an extra Lowpass enabled in the Transmitter section. Turn it OFF. And May be Hans must make it OFF by default because this is the second person asking/reporting for this.
You shouldn't turn it off but use it instead of the other one... This allows using different settings for FM and streaming output.
Agree. When you broadcast and stream at the same time , you must use it . But when only broadcast - this is not needed. In this case i prefer the whole bandpass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 pm 

True, but in all the tests that I did here (including those with your preset) the difference is only a rounding error (the last bit of the sample value). Your first samples were very different but I haven't seen anything like that.[/quote][/quote]

Ok just leave it for now mostly becaus nobody else post something like this..

Keep up the good work :D

''Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.'' - Plato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks DJ--that was it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks DJ--that was it.
I'm going to do what Bojcha proposed earlier: Show both lowpass freqs in the bottom bar, which also means that you can click on them to go there directly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:26 pm 

Hans,

Is there any chance of getting the limiters removed from coupling before you finish this release? As one leans on the limiters more, it's easier to hear. Also, can you confirm that when left/right coupling is enabled in the MB section that the limiters still operate in an uncoupled fashion? That would definitely be preferential.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3133 Next