All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:54 am 
Site Admin

For those of you who need lower latencies (for example if you're making live programs using Stereo Tool), version 3.20 might be very useful.

It offers 2 new things:
- Very low latency sound card access (delays of 1/100th of a second are possible if no processing is done) - stand alone version only (for now).
- Lower latency processing available (slightly lower sound quality, but nearly impossible to hear).

With all the Stereo Tool processing enabled, the microphone-to-FM-transmitter delay is about 200 ms (1/5th of a second - that's with EVERYTHING turned on. Turning things off reduces the latency).

The "low quality low latency feedback" output latency is no longer noticable.

The "low latency" setting (which switches the processing to the lower latency version) also greatly reduces annoying effects when switching between tracks.

The stand alone version chooses the non-ASIO output by default, so you need to switch on ASIO yourself to use it. If your sound card driver does not support ASIO, you might try using ASIO4All (http://www.asio4all.com/). I have not tested it myself, but based on what I read online it will turn nearly any sound card into an ASIO sound card - giving you a lot less latency.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:11 pm 

HI Hank

I have used ASIO4all for several years and found it to be excellent.

Since I have a Creative x-fi elite pro sound card which has an ASIO driver it certainly helped me in solving problems initially with it which came down to an issue of the buffer size.

I am very active in the Creative forums and have suggested/recommended this in the forums several times. I also do this for those that have the elite pro card in order that they may get the advantage of the ASIO.

regards

Willie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Small update:
- Bux fix: Choppy playback on 64 bit Windows XP systems (also: Log file was written to disk which should not happen)
- Bug fix: "linked" sliders now don't get stuck at the top position anymore.