All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 39 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:52 am 

Quote:
now even with my extreme bass settings i don't have distortions/vibrations on some songs who have loud bass with vocals .
Please either post the preset, or if you don't want to share it with other broadcasters, send a link to the preset to me in PM. I will not share it with others unless you approve of me sharing it with others. I only want to see what your "extreme bass settings" are...
Quote:
The distortions where audible when using headphones on lower volume.
( when you have loud the volume it cannot be traced )
So much of this doesn't make sense. I'd love for someone to explain to me how, exactly, that 80-90 dB through headphones is "lower volume". Do you do day-to-day listening, for multiple hours, at 100+ dB? Do you understand that causes hearing damage in as little as 15 minutes to 4 hours?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 am 

ok..
Some things happened last few days.. I also discovered some things about hearing some sounds.
Anyway, this is one of samples that bothered me when i discovered it, but now i also want to see if someone can hear difference between two.
There are two files. Both files/samples are same, but not exactly same.

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/56255783/file.html

So if You hear any difference(s) please tell me what they are ... if any. ;)

Headphones recommended.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:02 am 

Hi Hans,

Beta 37 OOOOK.

You're back on track.

Improved significantly overshoot !!!!!!!! the transmitter is stuck at 75 Khz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks Hans, you are number one.

Luca (NRG)

8-) Stereo Tool.....revitalizes your sound and your mood!!!! 8-)

Last edited by NRG on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am 

Quote:
ok..
Some things happened last few days.. I also discovered some things about hearing some sounds.
Anyway, this is one of samples that bothered me when i discovered it, but now i also want to see if someone can hear difference between two.
There are two files. Both files/samples are same, but not exactly same.

http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/56255783/file.html

Headphones recommended.
i could not find any difference using my ears
i could find a difference using file properties :) ( different size :)

edit edit!!
i can hear that 002_voice_dist01B.wav has louder voice than instruments on ( ttu ME than ttu me ..on the other file :) ( fatter bass ? more fat bass ?
and on both files there is something like BAD RECIEPTION on audio ?!? very low hiss... ( i did not use any tools for visualizing the sound, just me poor ears :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm 

So far... so Good with Beta 37.! Better than others.!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm 

This is unbelievable... what began as a candid query by Brian concerning his preset really became the mainstream topic in a space of 3-4 days.

Having said that, I can see Stereo Tool emerging as an even better product - as evident from the last beta. Beta 37 sounds way better than previous betas. I get the impression that there's more head-room for mids and highs to make their presence heard. Bass sounds just right and not overpowering other parts of the audio spectrum.
Quote:
I'm starting to be a bit annoyed though, if it continues like this I'm the only person who doesn't hear this. (Which of course explains why the distortion was there in the first place, I don't fix what I don't hear).
I feel this is more of a restriction imposed by the headphone/gear you're listening on.

Anyways, things are on the better side now. I don't want to crib anymore. Just gonna wait for the redesign...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm 

Quote:
In Test A, I hear a significant amount of vibrato (Vocal Wobble) in the singer and especially in the bass of the music as well.

In Test B, I hear a slight clearer version, a little less vibration in bass making it cleaner, but a noticeable clean up in the vocal for me.

Tested with no filters used.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 pm 

I can't say that I hear the vibrato that others talk about, but I actually heard what the difference between the two tracks is.
Probably because I have primed my brain by spending the better part of the evening helping a friend sort out the pluses and minuses of his speaker cables.

Sneaky ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 am 

+1 re B37.

I can't identify exactly why it is, but B37 is the best sounding ST yet. Cheers AJ.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 am 
Site Admin

BETA038!
Made some changes in the phase rotator, added an extra type of rotation. Not configurable (not because I don't want to but because there's no room in the interface and I don't want to make big changes to it just before redesigning it completely anyway).

You can now reduce the old type of phase rotation (lower 'reps') or let it start at a higher frequency - the new type will take care of lower freqs better.

Winamp/DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 22-038.exe
Stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 22-038.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 22-038.dll
Command line: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 22-038.exe

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 39 Next