All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:38 pm 

Yeah I also check that without MB signal is like You said MUCH cleaner . When I turn on the MB then appears harmonics and .... i must upload pictures to show You . May I ?
Think that You know this

Normal output:
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/90195225/file.html

FM output:
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/31779664/file.html

Why are these differences at different output ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 pm 

Looks like I am gunna have to build a new PC for this new version. I use 6.21 fine on my single core 3.2Ghz P4, but the latest beta pushes up the CPU another 15-25% and cause it to stutter. Sucks, but I've had that machine running my radio forever. The sound from 6.30 latest beta is absolutely beautiful. I think you've really out done yourself, Hans. So with tax money I'll be building a new web radio PC, and buying a license for the winamp DSP. Oh BTW I did uncheck multicore, and it helps a bit, but not enough to stop it from buffering/studdering after a song or so.

Another question. I am thinking of just building a cheap AMD quad core system. Would you say that would be fine, or should I stick with Intel? Just want ST to work the best.

Thanks.

-n4-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Nuke: Have you tried disabling the hole protection? (Loudness panel, lower right corner). That should help a lot with the CPU load.

I wouldn't go for an AMD - I keep getting complaints from people using an AMD that Stereo Tool uses a lot of CPU power.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 pm 

Quad core ? This is insane !!
Hans I`m with AMD and it is double core .
I must say that ST is running very well and this CPU is running at 2.8 Ghz .
This CPU is and will be more than enough for ST
So Nuke buy the cheap double core machine it will handle it believe me .Even with declipper and protections and so on .
The strange thing is that sometimes ST is consume 17% of CPU and running OK . Sometimes it jumps to 22 29 27 21 ... not constant ,but for this I must ask Hans why or is it normal ?
There are many people that says AMD has advantages than Intel and my CPU has up to 70% better work with media instances and softwares like music videos and rendering ...
I`m with those people nevermind that compiler is on Intel system or AMD system..... think that OS is responsible for everything . I know that there are optimization for intel or AMD but these are minor things than relation between OS CPU and compiler . At the end everything works in Windows and CPU is working with the OS primarily .Program codes are the next thing after the OS. May be compiler is responsible too. Good compilers must not affect what CPU is ....just compile the code .. isn`t it ?
But this is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 pm 

Quote:
Nuke: Have you tried disabling the hole protection? (Loudness panel, lower right corner). That should help a lot with the CPU load.

I wouldn't go for an AMD - I keep getting complaints from people using an AMD that Stereo Tool uses a lot of CPU power.
Disabling hole protection. Will that make much difference for web streaming quality? I just don't wanna sacrifice the quality I was hearing in latest beta.

Thanks

-n4-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Disabling hole protection. Will that make much difference for web streaming quality? I just don't wanna sacrifice the quality I was hearing in latest beta.

Thanks

-n4-
It only really matters if you're using pre-emphasis, so for web streaming (meaning you are doing the outbound streaming, not just listening), it only matters if you're using the Lossy Compression over in Limiting & Loudness, and then, in my opinion, only very subjectively, and to a very minor degree. Primarily the "hole protection" stuff was made for FM broadcasters that were pushing very high output levels with very high loudness settings, and, again, in my opinion, probably could be reevaluated if it's actually still needed after the asymmetric bass issue that Hans found.

tl;dr - you can most likely do without the protection.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

-n4-
O, I think it's already disabled for web streaming because it is far less useful there. Hm, I should have checked the CPU load in the last few builds - but the last time I checked it was roughly equivalent to that of v6.21 if hole protection was disabled.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39