All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 6.21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Does anyone else have the same problem?
One my PC is AMD 5600+ AM2 - 2GB memory .. and WindowsXP. So CPU is just slightly faster then yours. I did not notice any problems like you have. Actually with new multicore support, i can use all filters with full quality on that PC!

I think yor problem is not ST. Might be drivers, hardware or even viruses...
What Soundcard you use?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm 

I'm using an onboard soundcard, Realtek ALC888-GR co layered with ALC888S high-definition audio.
It's an Acer Veriton L410. I haven't installed anything else but Windows 7 and stereotool. Not even a virusscanner because the pc has no connections with the internet.

Didn't had any problems up to beta 6.21 BETA009.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm 

Quote:
I think yor problem is not ST. Might be drivers, hardware or even viruses...
What Soundcard you use?
You were totaly right, was no stereotool problem, but the soundcard driver. I've updated it and it works now.

Tnx for the idea :)

Grtz from a happy steretool user again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:21 pm 

I noticed that the Advanced Extreme Highs Protection, has no effect on the v6.21 both standalone version and the version dsp.
Neither activity is displayed on the meter. :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm 

Quote:
I noticed that the Advanced Extreme Highs Protection, has no effect on the v6.21 both standalone version and the version dsp. Neither activity is displayed on the meter. :|
I am using standalone .. and it works. Bu ti know it works for DSP too.
For FM use 'edge' is at 0dB, for Normal output (no FM) for same results, -6dB.
Also, for normal output try to combine AEHP with pre-emphasis (for example 15 or 25us).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I noticed that the Advanced Extreme Highs Protection, has no effect on the v6.21 both standalone version and the version dsp. Neither activity is displayed on the meter. :|
Also, for normal output try to combine AEHP with pre-emphasis (for example 15 or 25us).
I can not see or hear the effect, moving the slider from one end to another. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:56 am 

Hi Hans,
Thought it would be wise to gather your opinion, so pulling you in to the loop as well.
Per Michi's post in this thread : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4078&p=14668#p14668 , it's possible to 'set' latency values > 4096. And when I mean set, I actually can perceive clear difference which gets even better with higher values.

However, I recall you stating that there exists a relationship between the latency setting and the number of bands used in loudness section for processing. So, a latency of 4096 samples uses processing over 2048 bands in the loudness section.

Here's my query: Does this mean that setting a latency of say 16384 in the sts file actually makes the processing in the loudness/clipper section to span over 8192 bands? If not what is it that contributes to the overall better perceived sound quality at such higher latencies. My sheer instincts say it just cannot be because the audio processing core gets more time to process audio :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 am 

Hans, one request though - please change your web-hosting service provider.
The site was brought down several times in the last couple of days.
In case, the downtime was scehduled and you were intimated about the same, well, we'll just endure for now! :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:33 pm 

Quote:
I noticed that the Advanced Extreme Highs Protection, has no effect on the v6.21 both standalone version and the version dsp.
Neither activity is displayed on the meter. :|
Not seen any effect on this control, from minimum to maximum, someone checked for proper operation?
Quote:
Quote:
@ Bojcha: I went to check with the listed values, but do not feel any action or display of the indicator.

Anyone else had this problem?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

@gpagliori: This thing only does something when the highs are causing a too big drop of the lows and mids. So, depending on what you're broadcasting and the settings, it could very well do nothing...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next