All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 6.21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am 
Site Admin

Mostly minor updates, and no difference in sound compared to version 6.20 (except in 1 preset, and if you use the non-SSE2 version). The biggest change is multicore support!

# Added multicore support for Declipper and Loudness. Throughput is now 38% higher in presets that use both.
# Loudness: Fixed a bug in the non-SSE2 version.
# Declipper: Fixed memory bug in clipping detection. This may have lead to weird issues.
# Improved performance when closing/minimizing Stereo Tool if the virus scanner NOD32 is used.
# Bug fix: Loudness de-esser setting was not saved in VST plugin.
# Bug fix: Loudness values above 3.00 were not loaded correctly in VST plugin.
# Bug fix: TA button in main window did not work.
# Changed a value in Bojcha's Neodymium preset.
# There is now also a separate declipper program! See www.perfectdeclipper.com.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 6.21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:14 am 

What's de-clipper link for final ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
What's de-clipper link for final ?
http://www.perfectdeclipper.com/
Still need to finish that site, but at least you can now download it there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 am 

You didn't pick up my preset change, but it's ok. I think I want to make a couple of more changes. I think I lost a bit too much bass, but it needs some extended listening though, as I may be being deceived by the lower RMS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm 

When installing perfectdeclipper it links to a site that isn't working yet.
And like someone else mentioned the X is confusing. I think it's better to not use X to turn things on or off.
A better solution is to use colors like you did on Hard limit / Stereo light / Latency.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm 

Congrats Hans for another release. IMO, this is truly significant considering the performance hit ver 6.20 took for getting what Stereo Tool sounds today.

It'd be a great if you could chalk out a tentative timeline in terms of future enhancements/re-innovations. Just in case you already have such a timeline in place, it 'd be even better if you keep the forum members in loop as well.
Time and again we get to see threads in Wish List section being posted asking for cosmetic changes in UI, which needless to say make very little ground. You already have given us a fair hint that you would completely redesign the UI (plus some more) ...:)

Can't await to get involved in shaping the 'new' Stereo Tool (ofcourse, assuming you've settled down completely post quitting Philips).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 pm 

Quote:
Congrats Hans for another release. IMO, this is truly significant considering the performance hit ver 6.20 took for getting what Stereo Tool sounds today.
You have been right, the sound is very impressive. If you compare the Sound with the Sonus 4 Server then you see how good the sound is. Very Very impressive. Can here anybody who knows the omnia or orban processor say something to the sound? The Sound Process Freak Day was good, but the newest version of stereotool sounds, i am shure, a bit better then in the comparision.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:22 am 

Hans,

Stereo Tool is better that ever. This version, 6.21 is fantastic. I run it on a Windows 7 x64 4gb i5 laptop under WinAmp. Most of the selections that I play originate from iTunes downloads and converted to MP3's using NoteBurner conversion software. The result is amazing. Stereo Tool is the key.

The multicore support helps to utilize the CPU cores along with everything else that I run at the same time. There is no degredation anywhere.

The sound is crisp and without distortion. I started with the Web Radio 0-84 preset, made some adjustments and the result is incredible.

Thank you very much. I looking forward to more of your talented work in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 am 

Hans,

I agree, Stereo Tool sounded better than ever!!
Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Henk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 pm 

Hi Hans, +1 one previous comments and already wishing you a very good start for your business.

Maybe we can make an idea thread on extra features or ideas that might be useful or enhancements.
I already have one, since I am converting DAT's to flac now, and it would be nice and easy to add to the AGC. I know Leif has a plugin... but a plugin is just a plugin. The auto balancer thing would be nice and would suite the AGC.

Lets make this a driven by the users processor (still a sound shaper to me).