All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Something is borken from BETA042 to BETA046 (tested with Standalone 64bit WIN10). The Clipper is much more active than it should, and missing all the sounds under 80Hz.

At "Intermodulation distortion protection" page set the "Fully clip bass from 0 Hz up to" to 0, the bass is partially appearing, but the agressive clipping is still there.

Set the "No more bass clipping above" to 0, all the bass is back, and the clipper also working as it should.

BETA041 was the last non affected version.
Can you send me your settings? This must be triggered by some setting, and that will help me to see which one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:03 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Something is borken from BETA042 to BETA046 (tested with Standalone 64bit WIN10). The Clipper is much more active than it should, and missing all the sounds under 80Hz.

At "Intermodulation distortion protection" page set the "Fully clip bass from 0 Hz up to" to 0, the bass is partially appearing, but the agressive clipping is still there.

Set the "No more bass clipping above" to 0, all the bass is back, and the clipper also working as it should.

Can you send me your settings? This must be triggered by some setting, and that will help me to see which one.
PM sent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:24 pm 

Hello Hans, I like the aggressive work of the Advanced Clipper in BETA 042 there are more adjustment ranges, what I like is of course most people do not like the work of limiters and sharp bursts of sound. But still, I like the old modes of operation (Non Adaptive Mode). I use MB1 as a multiband compressor, MB2 as a multiband limiter. Some modes, such as the overload effect, give a special sound in styles (Metal, DarkWave, EBM, etc.). Sparkling high ones require setting the "offset" parameters and higher frequencies and intensity, I change every time after the new release of a new BETA, which is very useful sometimes. in BETA045 ADBP, the intensity mode of the cutoff and slope of frequencies has disappeared. Level control in Advanced Clipper is necessary for both RMS and PEAK (maybe even adjustment) so that you can keep the signal level if suddenly the frequencies slipped to lower either high, medium or low (according to the ADBP setting). And I also want to note that it is better not to remove some settings so that users can choose the operating modes. That's why I'm not switching to BETA045

Current Preset (BETA042)
My Web RadioStation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:36 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PM sent.
Confirmed, something broke between 041 and 042. I hope that this isn't the reason why it suddenly sounds so much better (I don't think so... but the effect is huge, and I see it with my own clipper settings as well now, if I just feed loud unprocessed audio). I'm going to get both versions from our archive and try to find what causes this.

Edit: Found & fixed it. I'll run a new build tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:03 am 
Site Admin

Hello kastyak_, I'm not fullly following what you're writing. So can you explain?
Quote:
Hello Hans, I like the aggressive work of the Advanced Clipper in BETA 042 there are more adjustment ranges, what I like is of course most people do not like the work of limiters and sharp bursts of sound. But still, I like the old modes of operation (Non Adaptive Mode).
Since you mention Adaptive, are you talking about the clipper or the compressors? I assume you mean you're using Adaptive compressor mode with specific clipper values?
Quote:
I use MB1 as a multiband compressor, MB2 as a multiband limiter.
Ok, clear. That's how most old-compressor presets work.

[quotepSome modes, such as the overload effect, give a special sound in styles (Metal, DarkWave, EBM, etc.).[/quote]
What do you mean by "overload effect"? Clipping way too hard??
Quote:
Sparkling high ones require setting the "offset" parameters and higher frequencies and intensity, I change every time after the new release of a new BETA, which is very useful sometimes. in BETA045 ADBP, the intensity mode of the cutoff and slope of frequencies has disappeared.
The offset parameter made the frequency *lower*, not higher. So are you saying that you liked the sound that you go when you lowered that frequency? I can kinda imagne that it would add some form of distortion to metal indeed. Usually that sounds pretty bad though (kinda broken).

The main reason for "Highs billiance" was to let more highs get through (and make them sound different; looking at the spectrum, values > 2 seem to have no impact on the spectrum anymore, the loudness stays the same and the spectral content doesn't change either. Which is why I figured that the old range was waaaaaay too big - and high values do cause some (really annoying, imo) effect in the highs.
Quote:
Level control in Advanced Clipper is necessary for both RMS and PEAK (maybe even adjustment) so that you can keep the signal level if suddenly the frequencies slipped to lower either high, medium or low (according to the ADBP setting).
I don't know what you're saying. The Advanced Clipper doesn't do anything with RMS, and what do you mean by slipping frequencies?
Quote:
And I also want to note that it is better not to remove some settings so that users can choose the operating modes. That's why I'm not switching to BETA045
The main complaint about Stereo Tool is that there are way too many settings. In this specific case, we checked all these settings and removed anything that was making the sound worse. I can imagine that someone could like some specific effect, but there were lots of settings in the composite clipper that did very little or only had negative effects, and I really don't want to keep those, except in Legacy mode.

Please let me know *exactly* what you are using and why, then I can have a look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:50 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hello kastyak_, I'm not fullly following what you're writing. So can you explain?
Quote:
Hello Hans, I like the aggressive work of the Advanced Clipper in BETA 042 there are more adjustment ranges, what I like is of course most people do not like the work of limiters and sharp bursts of sound. But still, I like the old modes of operation (Non Adaptive Mode).
Since you mention Adaptive, are you talking about the clipper or the compressors? I assume you mean you're using Adaptive compressor mode with specific clipper values?
Quote:
I use MB1 as a multiband compressor, MB2 as a multiband limiter.
Ok, clear. That's how most old-compressor presets work.

[quotepSome modes, such as the overload effect, give a special sound in styles (Metal, DarkWave, EBM, etc.).
Quote:
Sparkling high ones require setting the "offset" parameters and higher frequencies and intensity, I change every time after the new release of a new BETA, which is very useful sometimes. in BETA045 ADBP, the intensity mode of the cutoff and slope of frequencies has disappeared.
The offset parameter made the frequency *lower*, not higher. So are you saying that you liked the sound that you go when you lowered that frequency? I can kinda imagne that it would add some form of distortion to metal indeed. Usually that sounds pretty bad though (kinda broken).

The main reason for "Highs billiance" was to let more highs get through (and make them sound different; looking at the spectrum, values > 2 seem to have no impact on the spectrum anymore, the loudness stays the same and the spectral content doesn't change either. Which is why I figured that the old range was waaaaaay too big - and high values do cause some (really annoying, imo) effect in the highs.
Quote:
Level control in Advanced Clipper is necessary for both RMS and PEAK (maybe even adjustment) so that you can keep the signal level if suddenly the frequencies slipped to lower either high, medium or low (according to the ADBP setting).
I don't know what you're saying. The Advanced Clipper doesn't do anything with RMS, and what do you mean by slipping frequencies?
Quote:
And I also want to note that it is better not to remove some settings so that users can choose the operating modes. That's why I'm not switching to BETA045
The main complaint about Stereo Tool is that there are way too many settings. In this specific case, we checked all these settings and removed anything that was making the sound worse. I can imagine that someone could like some specific effect, but there were lots of settings in the composite clipper that did very little or only had negative effects, and I really don't want to keep those, except in Legacy mode.

Please let me know *exactly* what you are using and why, then I can have a look at it.
[/quote]

I'm sorry for my bad English.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm saying that I didn't like the sound of adaptive mode (and I stayed on (MB1)Digital and (MB2)Analog). Thank you that they are still working perfect. In this case, I am considering the work of an Advanced Clipper
Quote:
The overload effect I mean the frequency retention time is something like "clipper hold" or "limiter hold". In older versions of BETA041 BETA042, in these versions i can hear how MB1 (Limited Distortion) works, I can't hear it in the new version
Quote:
I mean, with high dynamics of the track (The peak level is limited by the Peak of the remover, but if it is a sharp jump, then the RMS level is also high if it is dynamic music, if it is possible to keep the RMS signal level at a certain parameter set manually if it is possible not only through "drive") maybe it is possible to control somehow (RMS and level after Advanced Clipper)(sorry most likely I'm doing something wrong)
Quote:
Maybe in the new version, the advanced clipper actively cuts off what should pass. To put it simply, in the new version, the sound has become less bass, punch delays and also a rise in the middle frequencies (everything has become flat) or I do not understand what I am doing and what I am setting up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:58 am 

Quote:
I'm sorry for my bad English.
No worries! I hope I guessed your language correctly.
I find using Google's Gemini AI to translate works MUCH better than the basic Google Search translation function. This will help English speakers understand more clearly.
I highly recommend non-native English speakers try this, it's fantastic. I use it to translate from English to other languages and keep it sounding natural (it knows by context which version of a word to translate to).

Polski:
Mam nadzieję, że mój domysł co do Twojego języka jest trafny.
Uważam, że tłumaczenie za pomocą sztucznej inteligencji Gemini od Google jest o WIELE lepsze niż podstawowa funkcja tłumaczenia w wyszukiwarce Google. To pomoże anglojęzycznym użytkownikom w lepszym zrozumieniu treści.
Gorąco polecam wszystkim użytkownikom, którzy nie są native speakerami języka angielskiego, aby wypróbowali tę funkcję – jest naprawdę fantastyczna. Korzystam z niej do tłumaczenia z angielskiego na inne języki, a tłumaczenia brzmią naturalnie (program rozumie z kontekstu, którą wersję słowa należy przetłumaczyć).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Posted BETA047!

The bass issue that aTom posted is fixed.

Aside from this, this new version has, PURELY FOR TESTING, RDS2 carries that you can turn on to see if there's any effect on audio quality or reception. There's no data transmitted yet (the code to generate the RDS2 bits isn't there yet and just returns random bits). Please test this only in composite clipper mode; non-composite does not yet make room for the extra data and will be heavily affected by Hard Limit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:42 am 

Quote:
Posted BETA047!

Aside from this, this new version has, PURELY FOR TESTING, RDS2 carries that you can turn on to see if there's any effect on audio quality or reception. There's no data transmitted yet (the code to generate the RDS2 bits isn't there yet and just returns random bits). Please test this only in composite clipper mode; non-composite does not yet make room for the extra data and will be heavily affected by Hard Limit.
I think you posted BETA046 in the name of BETA047 :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Posted BETA047!

I think you posted BETA046 in the name of BETA047 :)
Oh, I hadn't noticed that there are build errors. The 32 bit stand alone is fine but 64 bit didn't build. Ugh.

Edit: Full rebuild is running, but the 64 bit stand alone is uploaded now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next