All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:49 am 
Site Admin

BETA032 is posted.

Several legacy clipper features are now always disabled (and hidden) in non-"Legacy mode from hell" mode. I will verify that I didn't break anything tomorrow.

A new setting was added under Advanced Clipper -> Loudness: "Legacy mids IMD - TEST". There is a filter that was used to reduce mids IMD, but 1. I don't think it was very effective and 2. I don't think it's needed with the new mids protection. It does lower the amount of mids that gets through, which could even mean that it might actually make IMD worse. So I don't expect this setting to help much (if at all), and I want to remove it. For testing I have temporarily put it on a switch.

So far I've been unable to detect any difference in mids IMD (but I have only tested debug mode so far, which is too slow to run in real time). If you hear anything let me know; I will probably remove it in the next build.

There are several GUI fixes as well, but the current build status is a bit weird, so more about those later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:32 pm 

hi Hans....again . i have done this question,,, was in a wrong place before a year ....so now i would like to ask you here ,,,,,in section Noise Gate you have 7 bands ...how can change the frequency of each band???is possible to add 2 more bands so total to have 9 bands as Natural Dynamics and Multibands etc....as in equaliser section can you add 3 slides more so total we have 9 as the band has the multiband section so every one can be manipulate all bands totally...first i will explain for Noise gate is important when we use this for mic especially in noisy areas -environment with different types of mic ...i mean dynamic - ribbon or condenser ....for advance clipper my opinion is to clean up all the old settings all the unnecessary things bcs every user can not understand how or what has to use from all these ....i mean to much complicated...... to have the correct response finally... factory reset and then get in the standard filter for flat response ....i think that you'll be do with this...i,m sure ...and again regards....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:11 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Google-Translated to English
Code:
It strikes me that in this new version the present of @hvz adaptive bass monster sounds very good without AGC and extra paid functions such as
 natural dynamics and auto bass equalizer. Are those extra paid functions still necessary?
The Bass Equalizer actually isn't used in Adaptive Bass Monster. However, the Advanced Dynamics package that contains the Bass Auto EQ also contains the new Adaptive mode for the compressors and AGC. The preset would sound fundamentally incorrect without the Adaptive mode and thus an Advanced Dynamics license is necessary.

Google-vertaald naar het Nederlands
Code:
De Bass Equalizer wordt eigenlijk niet gebruikt in Adaptive Bass Monster. Het Advanced Dynamics-pakket dat de Bass Auto EQ bevat, bevat echter ook de
 nieuwe Adaptive-modus voor de compressoren en AGC. De preset zou fundamenteel onjuist klinken zonder de Adaptive-modus en daarom is een Advanced
  Dynamics-licentie noodzakelijk. 
In that adaptive mode, does the AGC have to be off or on? In this preset, the AGC is off.
The whole idea of this new mode is that the compressor is capable of running without an AGC, and in that preset, that's what we do. But you can still choose to use the AGC with it, and for example run the compressor at a lower ratio.
And what must have a lower ratio? Density, Drive or output lever?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

BETA036 is posted.

Enterprise users: There was an issue before if you enabled password protection; Enterprise opens in the overview page and that page didn't have a login button so you would get a blank screen. That's fixed.

Clipper changes: Clipper settings have been cleaned up, and a lot of not very useful (or even detrimental) thiings are gone now. Most notably, "If it affects other sounds, reduce bass below" affected deep bass about 6x more than it actually helped the highs. The new bass/highs reduction methods work much better, with far less impact on the bass compared to improvements of mids/highs. So you might get a bit more (or more stable) deep bass with this new build.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:51 am 
Site Admin

BETA037 is posted.

"Composite clip highs" was until now disabled in all CPU modes except "Limitless", because we didn't think that it did anything. I just ran some tests and it actually does improve the audio - so we have now changed it to also be active in "Sane maximum" mode. Medium and below still don't use it, since it does use quite a bit of extra CPU (the Adaptive Bass Monster preset is about 10% heavier with this on).

Typically, we see about 0.2 dB more bass, 0.15 dB more highs, at the cost of about 0.03 dB less mids. But the difference is biggest when there are loud highs present, here's an example of a loud S sound; cyan is without, purple with composite clip highs:
Attachment:
composite-clip-highs.png
composite-clip-highs.png [ 57.3 KiB | Viewed 471 times ]

At this point, the clipper changes are nearly done. I have one thing left to check (the "Reduce voice vibrations" checkbox; I can see that it has an effect but I want to listen on good speakers to decide whether this effect is good or bad - most likely good). Cleanup of the settings is also ready.

The other thing is whether we want to apply some of the changes even if you don't disable the "Legacy mode from hell". All the changes are good, some might be small enough to just let them be activated without changing the sound of existing presets too much.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:07 am 

So, since "medium" also do something other then just turning off "Composite clip highs", should't be some checkbox for "sane maximum" to turn off that "Composite clip highs"?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 am 

As I see, instead of the original one, Leif's modified Composite Clipper is the default in BETA037, and the "Strictness (CPU)" slider has no effect anymore.

Is there any way to switch back to the original Composite Clipper?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
As I see, instead of the original one, Leif's modified Composite Clipper is the default in BETA037, and the "Strictness (CPU)" slider has no effect anymore.

Is there any way to switch back to the original Composite Clipper?
There was until the last build. But why do you want to switch back?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
So, since "medium" also do something other then just turning off "Composite clip highs", should't be some checkbox for "sane maximum" to turn off that "Composite clip highs"?
That checkbox already exists, but it was ignored in Sane maximum mode. Now it's not anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
That checkbox already exists, but it was ignored in Sane maximum mode. Now it's not anymore.
nvm, checked cpu usage, it's not much more.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next