All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 10.10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:30 pm 

Hello. I don't see any fm presets in Europe. There's only one for AM waves.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:04 pm 

I noticed I'm unable to use the analogue outputs from my HifiBerry card to feed the output to my hifi for monitoring purposes whilst it streams too. The low latency monitoring output has always been problematic in that it will stutter (maybe not at 48 Khz sampling rate like the rest of the internal audio chain?)

On 9.92 I was able to use the HD and the FM output at the same time on the same audio route (either outputting through ALSA loopback hw 2:0 or sysdefault (ALSA) but on 10.11 it can't output on both any more, only one or the other. The HD output is streamed to my internet radios. Even with both enabled, one will go silent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:36 am 

Any idea when the online help file might be updated for versions 10+?

I just like to read through everything. I installed it on one station. Love the new interface. Clean and easy to navigate. Great work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:46 pm 

Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to use a preset from version 9.92 on this version 10.10?
what is happening with the settings and parameters of preset 9.92 is everything taken over?
It seems an entire preset with settings and I/O parameters is not matchnig

Or do we have to redo everything on this new interface?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:30 am 

Quote:
Hi to all,

I'd like to know if it is possible to use a preset from version 9.92 on this version 10.10?
what is happening with the settings and parameters of preset 9.92 is everything taken over?
It seems an entire preset with settings and I/O parameters is not matchnig

Or do we have to redo everything on this new interface?

Thanks
Once you setup your I/O, just load preset, should all working fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:28 pm 

Quote:
I noticed I'm unable to use the analogue outputs from my HifiBerry card to feed the output to my hifi for monitoring purposes whilst it streams too. The low latency monitoring output has always been problematic in that it will stutter (maybe not at 48 Khz sampling rate like the rest of the internal audio chain?)

On 9.92 I was able to use the HD and the FM output at the same time on the same audio route (either outputting through ALSA loopback hw 2:0 or sysdefault (ALSA) but on 10.11 it can't output on both any more, only one or the other. The HD output is streamed to my internet radios. Even with both enabled, one will go silent.
Has anyone managed to stream to HD and be able to listen to the output from the Pi at the same time? I was able to do this on v9.92.

I tried again tonight, HD output is going to PCM loopback 2:0 and when I try sysdefault for FM Output, sound comes out from both but slowed down so it's not listenable! It would be nice to be able to monitor the output on my HiFi from the audio output of the HiFiBerry card from the Pi as it did when it was v9.92.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:39 pm 

Well, by a stroke of luck it seems to work. I had to use 'samplerate (ALSA)' for FM output which seems to allow me to listen to the output on my HiFi whilst allowing the HD stream to continue ok. Thought I'd provide an update in case it helps someone out in a similar situation!