All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 6971 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:09 am 

Quote:
Quote:
In the Stereo Tool - VST2 32-bit version I cannot choose the compressor type under miscellaneous. And yes I have selected show deprecated settings under application settings.
Weird, I just tested this in Reaper and it worked fine. Does it work on the standalone? Have you tried another host? What host do you use?
I used it as a plugin in Rocket Broadcaster. But by clicking on de deprecated settings a few times it did show up at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:05 pm 

Quote:
I'm not sure where this might be coming from, the bypass mode is read at the start of the chain. But some filters delay samples, which might be causing this.
[...]
But if it doesn't always happen it must be something else. That [preamp] delay is constant.
Ah, it's now happening when de-soloing a band in the new MB1. I'll try to get a video of the scope and audio capture... it has an interesting S-shaped attack slope. But again, it's not consistent enough to capture and tends to stop after I get Bandicam set up, but it's jarring af.

Also, I think buttons shouldn't send their toggle upon mouse-click, but rather mouse-click release. If I accidentally click a button, I want to be able to drag off the button before releasing it to not engage the effect. I mostly experience this with the Bypass (which happens to be the largest button -- especially with my skin settings).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:24 am 
Site Admin

I have looked into sane limits for sliders today. I have adjusted a few things, what remains is the following:
  • Parametrric EQ's: Do the dB-ranges per slider have to be -12 to +12, or is -6 to +6 as it is now sufficient?
  • Density: Is more than +6 dB needed?
  • Attack/release times: Are smaller values than 2.5 ms needed? There are (very few) presets that use values all the way down to 0; several presets use values < 2.5 for MB2 at least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:50 am 

I like 12 on the equalizer on the very ends at least (though the drawable area only allows up to +/- 9dB). It would be really cool if the EQ could be cloned and placed in every slot in the chain the filter currently allows. I would make sub-bass adjustments before TB and upper-mids adjustments before the clipper.

Density would also be handy to have up to 12 dB in range. I find myself undensifying on both the quick-adjust and overall MB1 to -6 each on my receiving computer (whenever I send preprocessed audio to another computer that has its own processing).

Thanks for considering more extreme settings for things like this. I realize it's tricky balancing an extremely tweakable UI and an extremely professional-looking UI, but I personally don't understand the negatives of allowing people to go wild learning how to process audio. At least for people who are savvy enough to manually enter values outside of the allowable ranges. But I also see how this could be tricky to troubleshoot issues. Maybe a banner or some warning somewhere that says you're using out-of-range values and that support will be more difficult. I dunno.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In the Stereo Tool - VST2 32-bit version I cannot choose the compressor type under miscellaneous. And yes I have selected show deprecated settings under application settings.
Weird, I just tested this in Reaper and it worked fine. Does it work on the standalone? Have you tried another host? What host do you use?
I used it as a plugin in Rocket Broadcaster. But by clicking on de deprecated settings a few times it did show up at some point.
There was an issue with the showing of deprecated settings; hopefully that's fixed now (will be in the next beta, 111).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:16 pm 

Anyone know, what is the problem with M-audio Audiophile 192 or face the same problem? From time to time, it appears "someone is playing with the pitch control". It`s very annoying . The music is "slowed down" and everything is dropped(RDS disappears, Pilot is staying but i don`t know if it works).. The result is full output buffer and it normalizes at some point.
A problem with the stupid sound card or...? At first i thought it`s a heating problem, but heatsinks does not resolve the problem.
It`s very good card indeed and is linear up to 80Khz.

P.s: Looks like i forgot to mention, that it is with Kernel Streaming. May be the right choice for Windows 7 is WASAPI? Will try with that to see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:24 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Anyone know, what is the problem with M-audio Audiophile 192 or face the same problem? From time to time, it appears "someone is playing with the pitch control". It`s very annoying . The music is "slowed down" and everything is dropped(RDS disappears, Pilot is staying but i don`t know if it works).. The result is full output buffer and it normalizes at some point.
A problem with the stupid sound card or...? At first i thought it`s a heating problem, but heatsinks does not resolve the problem.

P.s: Looks like i forgot to mention, that it is with Kernel Streaming. May be the right choice for Windows 7 is WASAPI? Will try with that to see.
Most likely, some other program accesses the sound card and the driver is buggy. We have seen that with other cards in the past. Wasapi or ASIO is definitely worth a try.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:26 am 
Site Admin

BETA112 is posted! Mainly preset handling improvements, and I added Repair and BIMP presets.

The BIMP presets were taken from PiMP; I couldn't fully convert them so I have removed Mathijs' name as the author for now because they might not sound the way he intended when he made them for PiMP. Most importantly, The BIMP misses an equalizer. We might need to add that, but that's for later.

Some settings may affect the audio which have different defaults in the new version because the "Broadcast" presets are not yet available - we'll look into that tomorrow. I just did a quick test; if I update from 9.92 to the latest beta, nothing changes, but if I load all the settings from scratch at least for streaming, the stereo limiter has a different default than the value that it has in most of the presets. That's not a very big effect, but it's not identical. Still need to test FM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:00 am 

Regarding the PiMP vs the BIMP: i notice the BIMP doesn't use the multiband AGC, and the PiMP does. Will this matter at all once the Adaptive compressor is added to those? I personally love the sound of multiband AGC on voice, and this feels like a feature making BIMP an ever so slightly less powerful processor for mics. I hadn't realized EQ was also missing.

If I ever start streaming games, I'll end up getting a BIMP license for the injection capabilities. But it'll also have to be after multiband gain control is included in some form. I have no clue as to what the adaptive agc will end up looking like, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:46 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Most likely, some other program accesses the sound card and the driver is buggy. We have seen that with other cards in the past. Wasapi or ASIO is definitely worth a try.
I don`t know, Hans... but i have the feeling, that this is more often happening with newer versions - 9.92 or betas now.
With older 8 version this is not happening, at least not that often or i don`t catch it.

Is there any method to see if some other application is doing this? For the driver, i don`t think, that i can see if it`s from it.
Just for info - yesterday evening, i set WASAPI all the way from input to output. All night was ok. This morning, wheh i saw, it was still ok(buffer and all).... and i catch it again one hour later. And it done it 3 or 4 times one after another, even i change it to Kernel again or turn it back to WASAPI again, right after change. For more info, yesterday evening, i turn the Override block size option to 1024 (By suggested). All these with 9.92, stand alone 32bit. Input sample rate is 48Khz(in ST), input with virtual cable line.
Will stick with these 8 version for now and will monitor it.

With integrated Realtek ALC892 this is not happening. At least i never see it. Very confusing - the "low end Realtek chip" not to have problem, but a good, old and expensive sound card, to have.

Is there any difference with sound cards processing before 9 version, may be?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 6971 Next