All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi, I just install ST Standalone 64b Beta 10.02-114 (Sep 10 2023) and WatchCat Version 2.0.7 (build 4d17f6f) / build date Sep 10 2023
Into ST, I save and export the preset 'Modern recording, low bitrate MP3/AAC input' with only Repair settings, but when I try to import it into Watchat, I receive:
Failed to load preset The selected Stereo Tool preset could not be loaded. Please check that it is a valmid preset file.
I try with other preset and same message.

EDIT: No problem with WatchCat Version 2.0.7 (build 0c61cd7) / build date Oct 21 2022
Oops! The code that loads a preset file was also trying to tell the GUI that that's the active preset. But if you're loading a preset that's not imported in the preset list (which isn't possible with Stereo Tool, but what always happens in WatchCat), it was trying to activate an nonexisiting prest. Fixed, next build should be ok. (This must have broken in the last few days; a week ago it was still working).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:26 pm 

I have a question -- is anyone beta testing the Linux Standalone JACK version?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have a question -- is anyone beta testing the Linux Standalone JACK version?
Oops, it looks like the wrong version has been uploaded to the forum this whole time... So I guess not?

I'll verify that it works and fix the upload. Last beta-build is running, with a few final fixes, such as the WatchCat thing. Unfortunately the build cleared all the old files so I have to wait for this new build to finish before I can test it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:43 pm 

Good catch! Thank you! I'm looking around for a spare PC I can install Ubuntu Studio on -- to use as a testbed for the Linux Standalone JACK so as to give ST a working environment like what I have set up for the radio station, but none of my spares have a lot of horsepower and I don't want to be cpu-bottlenecked while testing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Good catch! Thank you! I'm looking around for a spare PC I can install Ubuntu Studio on -- to use as a testbed for the Linux Standalone JACK so as to give ST a working environment like what I have set up for the radio station, but none of my spares have a lot of horsepower and I don't want to be cpu-bottlenecked while testing.
Actually, I ran a new build with logging and now it just works. Not sure what's going on; I'm rebuilding it now without the extra logging to verify what's going on. Maybe I did something wrong.

(To clarify a bit: The ALSA and Jack builds are the same binary, the only difference is in the file name, and they check their own file name to decide whether to run in Jack or ALSA mode (or even both).)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:29 pm 

Will there also be a new declipper plugin released?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Will there also be a new declipper plugin released?
Unfortunately not. We wanted to do that, but there are a few things that really need to be changed before we can. The next release, which will likely follow very soon, will definitely get a Declipper release!

As you may have seen there's a large trade show later this week, and we just don't have time anymore to fix the declipper before then, and verify that it works correctly and didn't break anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:34 pm 

Understood. Thanks for the info. Depend on me to always push for declipper releases!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Understood. Thanks for the info. Depend on me to always push for declipper releases!
I saw the email that there was a forum update with your name in it and I immediately thought it would be about this :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:24 am 
Site Admin

BETA116 (release candidate) is available.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71 Next