All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:12 am 
Site Admin

Version 3.12 (especially the stand alone version) seems to have been quite buggy.

So here's version 3.13, which I hope will do better.

Changes:
- Improved sound quality for FM transmitters (brighter, better highs).
- Save bug which caused Stereo Tool to keep starting up in simple mode fixed. (introduced in 3.10)
- Fixed a bug which made it impossible to select Windows Audio Mapper as output device. (introduced in 3.12)
- Fixed a bug that could cause Stereo Tool to produce silence when leaving Simple mode, restart was needed. (introduced in 3.10)
- Maybe fixed a bug that caused crashes in the sound card setup screen of the stand-alone version (I was unable to reproduce them on my PC). (probably only affects the stand alone version)

Please report any problems here, then I'll look into them asap.

http://www.stereotool.com/download/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:41 am 

working great.
i installed it moments after it was posted.

The issue with the presets still remain namely that when one saves a particular preset then re-load it, the text inbox still doesnt retain the name of the present loaded.

Btw, I have also installed the update for Directx and drivers for my sound card.

regards

willie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:06 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mapleleaf,

The presets thing isn't really a bug - it was never intended to keep showing the selected preset. Although I must admit that it would be handy if it did. The things is, as soon as any of the settings is changed it should stop displaying that name - and whenever you press _any_ button (including the CLOSE button) the settings are updated. So it's not that easy to change.

I might fix this at some point, but it's not a priority right now (there are FAR more important issues, such as the one I'm going to post about now:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:09 am 
Site Admin

There's a bug in the stand alone versions 3.12 and 3.13 which causes crashes on at least one sound card. I'm working on a fix for this bug - unfortunately I cannot reproduce it on my own PC, so it's a bit difficult to find out what's wrong.

The Winamp plugin version is not affected by this bug.