All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 922 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:28 am 

I started to use VST64bitST plugin for my USB MIC (headset). I am using it with Equalizer APO. Problem is that even after it is registered and i only use SB Compressor, EQ, and Phase Delay, there is still message, this sound is processed by Stereo Tool..
I checked and settings is saved and license is saved and in place and also it is in ini file.

Other problem is that in standalone version, same USB mic is not visible as input. Headphone (speaker) is visible and working. Other standalone programs see my USB MIC as input. Example.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:45 am 

Found something funny also.
When i open SDR# program with those 820T USB receivers. When i press "Play" button, the CPU indicator integrated in ST starts to raise with 7-10% more..
When i turn OFF SDR#, indicator goes back to where it was.
Any idea for this interferation from completely different programs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:56 pm 

Quote:
Other problem is that in standalone version, same USB mic is not visible as input. Headphone (speaker) is visible and working. Other standalone programs see my USB MIC as input. Example.
I also have the problem of certain devices (specifically my headset mic) not showing up in the list when using the standalone Stereo Tool, but they were showing up in other applications. I figured this would be fixed by the upcoming update to the I/O section. My current solution is to use BreakawayOne and a pass-through core with the VST.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I started to use VST64bitST plugin for my USB MIC (headset). I am using it with Equalizer APO. Problem is that even after it is registered and i only use SB Compressor, EQ, and Phase Delay, there is still message, this sound is processed by Stereo Tool..
I checked and settings is saved and license is saved and in place and also it is in ini file.

For that 2nd problem, can you try both the 32 and 64 bit versions? If you use 64 bit Stereo Tool and there's only a 32 bit driver or vice versa, you won't see it. This is rare, but it happens.

I don't know what could be causing the 1st issue. Is this the latest beta or a released version? (We have made some changes to the licensing code in the last beta).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello,

I was playing with ST and decide to Turn OFF Advanced Clipper to see what will happen to the monitoring display.

My surprise was the following: Advanced clipper cuts from the "stereo base" of all signal. Except clipping i notice losing of stereo base effect.
But... thers is a "but".. And it is that if i enable Compossite clipper in addition to the Advanced one, then the stereo base is coming back again. Yes, signal is right clipped, but only with that loosen part of "stereo base".

It`s a kind of strange for me.
I`m with old version but nothing is done with advanced clipper, so i guess on new versions is the same.
Is there logical explanation for this losing of stereo base ? Why with only one option (Advanced) it is present, but when composite is enabled, no losing of stereo base?

I can make the following opinion: The code for composite clipper is at higher level, compared to the Advanced clipper code. If anyone can confirm it, then OK. If not, i can try to record something with the two variants, one after another, so you can hear the difference.

I have one more small question: Is there any chance option "Extra Composite Clipper drive" to be made to go above that 1.58 dB. Let`s say to 3 or may be better to 6 dB. Why exactly 1.58 ? Very unusual number.
Hi, I don't know what you mean by "stereo base" - and is this on an FM receiver or elsewhere? If there's no clipping at all and the output is digitally clipped, the stereo pilot will be nearly invisible in all the distortion, so then it makes sense that a receiver switches to mono.

1.58 - that's because typically you can drive the composite clipper this much harder than the non-composite clipper to get a similar amount of clipping. You can always use the normal clipper drive instead...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Found something funny also.
When i open SDR# program with those 820T USB receivers. When i press "Play" button, the CPU indicator integrated in ST starts to raise with 7-10% more..
When i turn OFF SDR#, indicator goes back to where it was.
Any idea for this interferation from completely different programs
Stereo Tool shows how much time it spends to process. So if another program "steals" CPU cycles, or, for example, if it runs on a core that's shared with Hyperthreading, you'll see this. It doesn't actually mean that Stereo Tool uses more CPU!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:34 am 

Quote:
Quote:

For that 2nd problem, can you try both the 32 and 64 bit versions? If you use 64 bit Stereo Tool and there's only a 32 bit driver or vice versa, you won't see it. This is rare, but it happens.

I don't know what could be causing the 1st issue. Is this the latest beta or a released version? (We have made some changes to the licensing code in the last beta).
1. Tried 32bit standalone.. same, does not see USB mic at input.
2. Released version. Ill try last betas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:44 pm 

Can not install MicroMPX_Decoder_BETA938-019.exe on win10

Fault: 0xc000007b

UPDATE:
Seems i have the same problem on all Beta's so far i went back to MicroMPX_Decoder_BETA938-009.exe still not able to install, i will keep on trying...
UPDATE2:
MicroMPX file in download section installs just fine..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Can not install MicroMPX_Decoder_BETA938-019.exe on win10

Fault: 0xc000007b

UPDATE:
Seems i have the same problem on all Beta's so far i went back to MicroMPX_Decoder_BETA938-009.exe still not able to install, i will keep on trying...
UPDATE2:
MicroMPX file in download section installs just fine..
It's not an installer, please try downloading it and saving it to the directory where you installed it.The decoder needs a DLL that's otherwise missing. (I guess I should create beta-installers in the future to make this easier).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Tried 32bit standalone.. same, does not see USB mic at input.
2. Released version. Ill try last betas.
Ah, no need to do that. I just thought we might have broken something in the latest beta's, when we were adding the licensing for STX. We definitely didn't fix anything.

For the sound card: Is it visible in Audacity?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 922 Next