All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 722 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 pm 

Quote:
I'm so hyped for the new GUI as well. Do y'all have anything to say regarding its progress? Is it still a ways off?
No, i just hope finally ST windows will not cause audio stuttering if you just move it around, which is still case.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 am 

Quote:
except for applying "power bass" and "power highs"
Yeah, well... Again, my soundprocessing knowledge is very limited so i adjust according to my ears. I do know the basics of processing but most of the time i try to get a nice sound with my ears to guide me... Which is good in my opinion, cause i think the listener does'nt hear when the processor is adjusted accordingly to "the rules of processing". When it sounds right, they will listen.

But, with the AGC in ST on, no matter in what mode or configuration, from day to day i always found the sound "not the same". Something was always off compared to the other day. Either the bass was perfect but the highs not or vice versa.

For example the song Prodigy - Smack my b*tch up :P This is a really busy track in some parts but must be very clean in the part with the woman voice. When the bass kicked in after that long haul of the woman voice, in my opinion the AGC in ST does too much. Not so much in levelling, but more like it's changing the bass.

Now, with the compellor i can feed any type of music in ST and it handles perfectly. I tried today's new music, music from the 50's and all in between. 50's music in Mono is handled nice, but also the 60's extremely wide stereo songs are very nice.

Before, i had a lot of problems with voices like in mama's & the papa's - california dreaming. They just went from center to left and back, just like someone was adjusting the pan constantly. And there is one song, i can't remember at the moment, but the voice is always on the right and the music, which was 1 instrument i think, was always on the left.

The voice had reverb on it, which was not only on the right, but also on the left. This created a nauseating effect. i think this was the result of too much stereo widening/boosting which i needed to get the sound i liked. Now, with the compellor, somehow i don't need much of that so this effect is gone. Or, at least at tolerable levels.

Power bass and power highs i did not use a lot. But i remember that the highs barely were boosted in my case. Not that it can't do it, but i guess there was no need for. With AGC off and Compellor on, i would'nt even think of boosting the bass before AGC, nor the highs, not even when i play vinyl records. Bass is nice and constant, punchy but also deep. I like it.

Only thing i would like to see, is Bass Boost from 0 to *** more configurable. Songs like U2 - With or without you, have a very deep bass and i really like to hear what happens when i boost the 70-80 Hz part for a little bit. But, they are busy with other things so i guess it's remaining a wish:P

So for me, AGC in ST is no-go but that does not mean it is not good. i think that my own limitation of knowledge is the reason but if i can fix it this way, then it works for me.

By the way, the music was played from original CD, vinyl or Spotify.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 am 

Hi,

I have still problem with VLC input sound drops/spikes this is visible at input waveform, maybe buffer between libvlc and ST is to low?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:03 am 

Any updates to the Declipper Plugin? Can you please update the declipper.com page with whatever the latest version(s) are? I know you posted it on a previous beta's thread but I can't find it easily. Or, perhaps begin including it on the new beta version posts at the top of the thread?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:14 pm 

Quote:
Any updates to the Declipper Plugin? Can you please update the declipper.com page with whatever the latest version(s) are? I know you posted it on a previous beta's thread but I can't find it easily. Or, perhaps begin including it on the new beta version posts at the top of the thread?

Thanks!
I found the link to the current (beta?) version of the 32 bit declipper VST

https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... er_302.vst

It doesn't appear any other versions have been uploaded/updated yet. If I recall correctly, Hans was looking for bugs in this version before fully releasing it.

Outside of the sizing issues with the GUI (which is being addressed by a new GUI it seems) I haven't come across any actual issues.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:45 pm 

been away for a while, Linux Jack 64 9.37 on Debian 9, stereotool shows once in main cable connector twice in the "patch pannel" is this intended behaviour? If so what is the difference?

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:38 am 

Quote:
Let's all wait new gui :)
New GUI?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:15 pm 

Hi,

i have noticed that if i use the micrompx embedded encoder of ST for FM usage, and turn off the FM output, the normal output (i use it for internet stream) is with preemphasis. Any ideas how to stream the processed signal normally?

thank you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:09 am 

Quote:
Hi,
i have noticed that if i use the micrompx embedded encoder of ST for FM usage, and turn off the FM output, the normal output (i use it for internet stream) is with preemphasis. Any ideas how to stream the processed signal normally?
thank you
Normal Output > Normal Stream Signal > Separately processed streaming / HD /

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,
thank you
Normal Output > Normal Stream Signal > Separately processed streaming / HD /
This option is greyed out. However, if i change it before the disactivation of fm output(Separately processed streaming / HD /), the result is still the same.
I have to mention that the fm transmitter option, must be enabled.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 722 Next