All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1222 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:04 pm 

Quote:
Should the Immediate Attack also pertain to the Low Level Boost? What about dynamic attack speeds for it?

Or is this a legacy module that only exists for compatibility? Is that why it's in the Extreme Tweaker view only?
it doesnt appear to me at least, that any of the added work being done here, has any effect on the Legacy AGC module and MB1 Digital.
to each their own but i actually prefer using the Legacy AGC module and MB1 Digital.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Should the Immediate Attack also pertain to the Low Level Boost? What about dynamic attack speeds for it?

Or is this a legacy module that only exists for compatibility? Is that why it's in the Extreme Tweaker view only?
it doesnt appear to me at least, that any of the added work being done here, has any effect on the Legacy AGC module and MB1 Digital.
to each their own but i actually prefer using the Legacy AGC module and MB1 Digital.
Oh, my apologies for the misunderstanding, but I was questioning whether the Low Level Boost itself (separate module on the left side of effects only shown in Extreme Tweaker operating mode) is considered "legacy" in general, and therefore unsupported.

I realize things marked Legacy are no longer being worked on and it would not be prudent expect new features to affect them. I just didn't know if "Low Level Boost" was one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, my apologies for the misunderstanding, but I was questioning whether the Low Level Boost itself (separate module on the left side of effects only shown in Extreme Tweaker operating mode) is considered "legacy" in general, and therefore unsupported.

I realize things marked Legacy are no longer being worked on and it would not be prudent expect new features to affect them. I just didn't know if "Low Level Boost" was one of them.
one way to find out if it is "legacy" is to uncheck "show deprecated settings" in the configuration tab.
if the module disappears or the setting to enable "legacy" on the module disappears, its considered legacy.
for example, "basstardizer" disappears completely and "agc type" to choose current or legacy agc, disappears from the agc module (no way to choose legacy agc)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 am 

Low level boost is not deprecated, just "hidden" because it's an advanced feature that few people will need. It was made for classical music with low level passages.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:04 pm 

Hello.
Excuse me in advance for my bad english.
I have been using Stereotool for years for my FM radio and although the PC runs many threads, the CPU does not exceed 60% load.
For some days now I have been using input 2 as emergency audio in case of audio silence: I noticed a buffer underflow problem only when input 2 is active, whatever the option to use, while when it is disabled, everything is ok.
I had to set the FMOUTPUT and NORMAL OUTPUT buffer to about 500ms but after 10 minutes the buffer empties and to avoid problems the autorestart (20%) resets the suondcard and the related buffers.
This is not a problem normally, but when there are live audio it is a big problem for which I have to disable reset the buffer (from 500ms to 0) and consequently disable input 2.
Is it possible to solve the problem?
Thank you.

S.0. Win7, soundcard ESI Juli@ with ASIO Driver and 2048 sample buffers.

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 66.95 KiB | Viewed 3818 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 80.7 KiB | Viewed 3818 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 57.63 KiB | Viewed 3818 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, this is probably caused by a small difference in sample rate between the Juli@ and VAC. If you can, use DirectWire in the Juli@ instead of VAC (then you can also use input 2 via ASIO).

Alternatively, you can change the VAC sample rate to (partially) compensate for this, you might need to set it to 100.01% or so...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:02 pm 

Resolved.

I set VAC as NORMAL OUTPUT and ch3 ch4 ESI JULI @ as ASIO audio emergency input.

Thanks for your suggestions. :P ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:48 pm 

ive been keeping up with the recent releases and im up to Beta 28 though the first post is still at Beta 24.
can you provide some changes/fixes for Beta 28 ?
thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:05 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
ive been keeping up with the recent releases and im up to Beta 28 though the first post is still at Beta 24.
thanks.
Nothing really interesting, just a lot of STX work (so it's basically our internal tests). And we're at 029 now :)

For the 32 bit Pi versions, the CPU load is probably lower (about 5% for MicroMPX, I haven't measured Stereo Tool yet but I'm expecting a similar improvement). The 64 bit versions MIGHT be faster as well but I have not yet tested those.

Except for that, the web interface is working again, and now uses websockets so it's faster and using less overhead. O, and the Winamp plugin now also contains IceCast streaming, so you don't need to use a separate plugin after it (for which you need some multi-DSP plugin in many cases) anymore. But the installer isn't properly updated yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 am 

Quote:
Quote:
thanks.
Nothing really interesting, just a lot of STX work (so it's basically our internal tests). And we're at 029 now :)

For the 32 bit Pi versions, the CPU load is probably lower (about 5% for MicroMPX, I haven't measured Stereo Tool yet but I'm expecting a similar improvement). The 64 bit versions MIGHT be faster as well but I have not yet tested those.

Except for that, the web interface is working again, and now uses websockets so it's faster and using less overhead. O, and the Winamp plugin now also contains IceCast streaming, so you don't need to use a separate plugin after it (for which you need some multi-DSP plugin in many cases) anymore. But the installer isn't properly updated yet.
Thanks Hans that the Winamp plugin already has a built in streaming encoder. Hopefully Shoutcast will also be supported soon and there would also be a built in file recorder.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1222 Next