All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1017 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:19 am 
Site Admin

BETA019 is available!

Most importantly, Jack should work again, uMPX decoder works again, and we've added (for testing at this point, not yet sure if we'll keep it) a kind of treble control for streaming output because some people complained that their streams sounded too bright if they were generated with the same preset as the FM signal.

For the last one, the question is: Is this one slider enough, or is something like a full eq (or even just a single peq control for lowering the highs) more suitable. The reason for the current control is that it follows an FM-like pre-emphasis curve: The amount of highs is so much higher because the FM clipper reduces loud highs due to pre-emphasis. (But, I just realized that the shape is actually different if the setting isn't the same if you use a different pre-emphasis value. Anyway, let's get some feedback first).

Changes/bugfixes
  • Weird crackle in Auto EQ when playing a sweep after about 15 seconds.
  • Auto EQ could overreact after big changes, for example bass kicks in quiet parts just after a big change could be pushed down too far.
  • uMPX encoder in Mac versions of ST
  • "Block heavy processing" mode didn't work fully in composite clipper, and added some simplifications to Leif's highs gap protection code in this mode.
  • Check 4096 vs 2048 performance on Pi. -> Checked, big difference for oversampled audio only, so ideally split into 2 different latencies. But that also causes other CPU load effects. Better solution would be to try to "fix" the issue. Keep 4096 for now for testing...
  • Pi: Add "force to 2048" mode.
  • Pi: Remove "safe drawing for extreme low latency", that's not interesting here.
  • uMPX performance - what happened? (Pi is 5% heavier) -> Hopefully solved.
  • Reduced CPU load for Advanced Bass Distortion Protection in "No heavy processing" mode a bit further.
  • Linux Jack issue in latest beta's (Jack didn't work) fixed
  • Message about no audio being received delayed by 4 more minutes when audio has been seen. So if there has been audio it won't complain until it's been silent for 5 minutes.
  • Put EQ or de-emphasis before streaming output to reduce highs to compensate for phones that boost highs? Added, ready for testing.

See the first post of this thread for download links.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am 

Hi Hans,

I am getting the Beta 17 version from the Linux Jack Version 64 Bit download link, instead of the new Beta version 19. Thanks again ;)

Kindest Regards,
Thomas E.
Burlington, Vermont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 am 

Quote:

@livewireaus
I don't know what you're seeing. What is the exact message that you're seeing? I just tested the ASIO code I/O here and I'm getting a normal input signal. We did recently add a warning if you're using an input sound card that doesn't seem to contain any audio, because some people were doing thngs like running the Stereo Tool stand alone version and running Winamp next to it and then didn't understand why the audio wasn't being processed. So we added a warning if there's near-silence coming in for over 60 seconds - is that what you're seeing? If so, then are you playing silence? Because then it still makes sense.
Hi Hans - I've sent you an email regarding this. Current BETA019 is doing the same thing. Versions BETA009 and all previous versions have no issues. Yes, it is reporting no audio, as expected, as I cannot assign the audio source to the input so that pop up warning is valid and reporting correctly!

Rossco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:35 am 

Quote:
Agree with The BIMP, and that's something that I do want to add (also as a separate sound card input so you can talk through your broadcast from any playout system, even if that playout system doesn't support any microphone input).

But that's the only thing that seems useful? Besides for The BIMP, the 2nd input can only be used for backup, RDS or SCA input. That doesn't seem particularly useful. Similarly, the other outputs can be used for FM, streaming and low latency - I'm not sure that that's useful either.

But yet, The BIMP does need to be added, I agree about that.
Yes, but if you add BIMP, then it would be good if you could also provide it directly as input to the VST version. This would make it possible, among other things, that you could pass language and music separately in a multi-track DAW. This option does not work if it works only with a separate sound card input.

From my point of view, this use case would be comparable with side chain scenarios.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 pm 

Hi Hans

Latest build for winamp produces error during setup "there is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action..."

Winamp client version:
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module dsp_stereo_tool.dll at 0023:12088ef8.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Error occurred at 6/16/2019 14:24:40.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

I can e-mail you the log file if you wish

Best regards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans

Latest build for winamp produces error during setup "there is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action..."

Winamp client version:
winamp caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module dsp_stereo_tool.dll at 0023:12088ef8.

Exception handler called in Winamp.
Error occurred at 6/16/2019 14:24:40.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe

I can e-mail you the log file if you wish

Best regards
I have an idea what it could be. Will build another beta now, to make sure. (On my end it doesn't crash, so I can't verify it myself).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

@mpx: Can you try if this version works?
https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 2-019A.exe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:50 am 

Quote:
@mpx: Can you try if this version works?
https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 2-019A.exe
ST 9.32b19 for Winamp crashed when launching foobar2000 (using Winamp DSP bridge) as well.

9.32b19A resolves the issue with fb2k, so I suspect the WA issue should be resolved, too.

Thanks for ST and the great support, Hans. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:53 am 

Please include the command line version in beta 🙂

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:53 pm 

With the last beta Winamp does not open.

Winamp works again by deleting the file dsp_stereo_tool.dll

I Use Winamp V5.63

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1017 Next