All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, I don't see this here - can you give me more details about your settings? I can't think of any logical reason why one channel could suddenly be silent.
I thought it may have been an ASIO issue but no change if I move FM Output to a non ASIO device.
However if I opt to turn off FM Output it immediately restores the right channel. Turn FM Output back on - immediate loss of audio for approx 1-2 seconds and only left channel is present.

EDIT: Found if I turn off "Synchronize to input or FM Output" on Normal Output it fixes it and I can run with FM Output ON. It was set to AUTO. Forcing it ON also is the same as AUTO (loss of right channel).

Does that make any sense?

Ross
Ah! Yes that does make sense, I've optimized the resampler (if you use different devices) and probably broke something - I was previously resampling left and right separately which was kinda stupid, since resampling is heavy and combining the channels is more efficient. So, I combined the two channels. But I skipped this specific place because the code was more complex here. Apparently I didn't skip it completely.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, I don't see this here - can you give me more details about your settings? I can't think of any logical reason why one channel could suddenly be silent.
I thought it may have been an ASIO issue but no change if I move FM Output to a non ASIO device.
However if I opt to turn off FM Output it immediately restores the right channel. Turn FM Output back on - immediate loss of audio for approx 1-2 seconds and only left channel is present.

EDIT: Found if I turn off "Synchronize to input or FM Output" on Normal Output it fixes it and I can run with FM Output ON. It was set to AUTO. Forcing it ON also is the same as AUTO (loss of right channel).

Does that make any sense?

Ross
Same here, but with or without ASIO, the right channel is silent when "Synchronize to input or FM Output" it's on AUTO or ON.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

New beta (004) available! Right channel is fixed, and Immersive Bass can be moved to before/between/after multiband compressors.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 pm 

Immersive Bass level not displayed when moved to any of the 3 multiband options. Sounds like it's still working, although somewhat muddy sounding.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Immersive Bass level not displayed when moved to any of the 3 multiband options. Sounds like it's still working, although somewhat muddy sounding.
New version is on its way where that's fixed. But, muddy sounding? Can you describe what you mean? (It might have more or less effect than before because the MB's aren't going over it. But it should not sound different from before.)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

BETA009 is available!
  • Immersive Bass between MB's - Updated display code
  • Highpass filter (phase linear mode) fixed frequency calculation, added Legacy mode for compatibility
  • Highpass filter (phase linear mode) now possible at start of chain
  • Parametric EQ didn't work like it should (errors in the calculation), added Legacy mode for compatibility
  • Parametric EQ added bass filter with slope in dB/oct instead of Q which is difficult to understand.
  • MicroMPX encoder CPU load reduced, Pi version CPU load down from 170% with dropouts to 110%.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:56 pm 

Quote:
BETA009 is available!
[*] Highpass filter (phase linear mode) now possible at start of chain
wow!

ok i hoped for better but it's worse.

https://i.imgur.com/x8Q5vF7.png

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

The filter itself didn't change, but the calculation of the cutoff frequency was wrong (too high). So if you set it to 30 Hz, it was actually already 5 dB down at 30 Hz. Now that's no longer the case.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:38 pm 

At 30Hz its doing almost nothing and artifacts are even worse even at 46Hz (matching old).

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:34 am 

Quote:
BETA009 is available!
Hi Hans

It appears that the audio for Normal Out is currently mono when "Synchronize to input or FM output" is set to AUTO and ON.

Regards

Ross

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 517 Next